[2.0] The Original Chaos/Physical 2H-Axe BM Cyclone | All mapmods | MF-able | AoE Focus |

question:

do i get Headhunter now, or save up another ~100 exalts for legacy Kaom's, and then save up ~120 exalts for Headhunter? I feel like if I get Headhunter I'm going to burn out because 220 exalts (maybe more i havent pc'd legacy kaom in a minute) from scratch just seems so futile. but 100ish is just like 2 weeks of playing for me lol.

i guess it really depends, how crazy a buff is headhunter?

right now i have no problems with damage or survivability BUT i still die more often than i can recover EXP (due to not being able to sustain good maps) pretty much i only die to derp moments against corrupted blood, huge piles of 'lightning storm/fireblast on death' mobs etc, basically only things that are intended to one shot people with gg gear. so im wondering if legacy kaoms will make things like that WAY easier to avoid, so i can get above 93 eventually, or if i should just say fuck it and go headhunter for the crazy mods

current gear:

Last edited by alexvsevil on Oct 23, 2015, 5:10:20 AM
Hey, lucky i checked marauder forums just now before i sleep, i must admit i don't play poe these days :)

Well, it really is a good question that. The "right" answer is probably that you should get kaoms first just to maximize that survival. How much it is? Well i can't remember right here but regular to legacy is around 1.5k extra health i believe, so you can estimate it yourself, it's not a gigantic difference, but it still i enough for you to feel a decent difference, and if you have issues gaining xp due to death's, maybe it is the best option.

Headhunter on the other hand.. oh my.. If you've never had one let me tell you its extreemely fun in the beginning, although you may have to replace your head. Headhunter on average gives you survival, stats to remove passives in tree, offensive power through buffs, and my two favorite things: Movement speed from various buffs auras you can get and size increases from some monster affixes... just watching your marauder being full screen size it is hilarious.

If i was in your position and i had to choose what i wanted the most, i would want the headhunter most.. but if you think you wont be able to farm kaoms after, then maybe that is better.

As for how crazy a buff headhunter is? way op in my opinion, i will not build a character without it even if it is ES. The best about it is how much more fun you are having, how much you want to consume the next rare monster etc and how you roll various effects so everything isn't the same all the time. Maybe it can drive you to farm kaoms afterwards.

Well hope it helps some in your decision.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
damn i hadn't thought of all that, i will get headhunters! too bad it went up in price by like 40 exalt LOL...oh well...the grind continues! :D
Have fun :))
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Hey there
i just bought daresso's salute as my latest adition to my built and I keep wondering...do the effect on it really work while using blood rage? Point is, my life aint full, its -4 life constant while blood rage is up, so I think, the increase dmg doesnt work right?
Any solution on solving this?

IGN:xSTo_ONeDdx
I don't believe it actually works - i use it for the range primarily.

If you really wanted it to work, maybe remove blood rage and use life on hit in cyclone, then you should be max hp almost all the time. Then again, the frenzy charges and leech is superior to 60% increased.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Oct 25, 2015, 8:41:34 PM
I have managed to get to almost level 89 so far using this build and it has been relatively easy. Currently I have a regular Kaom's and I am debating whether or not a legacy Kaom's is really worth it, or whether some other chest piece with some HP and sockets and better affixs might be much more useful in my build.

Having a lot of HP is always nice but even with 5-6k hp I feel that is more than enough. I hardly ever die, and leveling all the way to 88 so far has been practically effortless. Currently with the help of jewels and the rares I have, I got my resists all to 75 or 76% including chaos resistance. My Hp is 6200 but I use Herald of Ash with 13% hp reservation which drops me to like 5800 or 5900 hp range. With blood rage after I start killing mobs my DPS goes up to around 50k dps in a 5 Link. I find the weakness of this set up to be armor. I find not having problems with any mobs at all but when a boss or mob has high single hit damage like a faster Vaal Slam for example it takes out large chunks of my hp. Although usually never killing me. When i get a 6 link life leech or life gain on hit would probably solve that issue but I feel that the lack of defenses on the chest piece is the main culprit. With the next update around the corner Marauders will be able to get double the armor value on their chest piece.

I was thinking I should get an Atziri's Splendour with an Armor roll. It gives survivability through defenses, and 100 HP gain on kill, and that armor will be doubled in next update. Along with Blasphemy in a poachers mark or warlords mark curse aura it would theoretically drastically improve the build until I can get my hands on a head hunter. If not for Atziri's Splendour there are two other chest pieces I have had my eye on. One is Death's Oath since my chaos resist is capped i'll take 113 dmg per second for 3 seconds. I got over 300 hp regen and with the hp gained from blood rage and such the self chaos dmg shouldn't be an issue. The chest gives some life leech, all res, and all attributes as well which means I could get rid of one or two of the +30 dex / int nodes on tree that I currently have.

The other piece I had my eye on was Cherrubim's Maleficence for 100% increased life leech, some defenses, increased chaos dmg, and the benefit of still getting some HP.

Kaom's Heart has only 1 benefit and that is the HP. For this build the fire dmg is useless despite the fact that I am using Herald of Ash, and the armor value is negligible. On top of that it has no sockets, which currently I do not feel is a big deal but will be an issue in the next update when I need a place to socket Blasphemy and who knows what else. Also I am not to sure that Daresso's salute is worth using at all for just +2 weapon range or a warlords reach just for 1 range. In fact I am not seeing increased area and weapon range really having any major effects on the range of cyclone at all.

Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Last edited by Jgizle on Dec 5, 2015, 4:28:40 AM
Jgizle, let me know how splendour works out if you use it. I was thinking along same lines but only have 1 and it is not armor but es so I'm unsure if I want to bother spending more $$ to get an armor one.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Dec 8, 2015, 10:11:10 AM
Checked 2.1 passive tree, pretty much no change to Marauader and Dualist area. So should not be much impact to this build. I am running a vairation of this build based on Dualist. I must say, this build is amazingly tankly. Instead of AOE my build focus more on DPS by using concentrate effect. Running dual Mings and MS with Devoto. I am also taking Iron Reflexs and cloth and chain as armour is the biggest problem with this build. If i take grace aura and willing to push HP to 4.7k, then I can hit 15k armour (no impact to HP regen, but still prefer not to run with any aura). I have try some of dangerous map mods, absolutely no problem running BM, no regen, reflect phys and ele reflect.

40k tooltip dps, 53k with 3 frenzy charges, 63k with addition atziri flask.

With 2.1 cyclone slightly nerf. I am going to try this build with marauader class in the new league.
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
Last edited by Ukanta on Dec 9, 2015, 9:50:50 PM
haven't played in a while, what's good with 2.1? blasphemy maybe (edit: nvm, they reserve life ew)? tree looks exactly the same afaik (nothing slotted changed, there might be other stuff worth pathing to though not sure)

i know cyclone got nerfed but i'm not noticing really in high maps. then again my gear is about as godly as it gets without headhunter/legacy kaoms lol.

as far as armor goes, generally i find that as long as you keep spinning there's no issues. the only things that really hurt me are corrupted blood which i have insta flask for. i dont think you should sacrifice life in favor of armor. with cwdt set up and enfeeble/immortal call it should be fine. i dont even have any sources of endurance charges. but yeah, if youre going thru a new league that might be different. you might need the armor until you have the raw damage/leech to basically facetank everything. but when you get to end game/good gear status you probably wanna just stack as much life as possible because damage comes in the form of burst/CB which the massive life pool can handle.
Last edited by alexvsevil on Dec 24, 2015, 5:02:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info