Deleted

Lot of ppl playing this build beta say that it's pretty nice, strange..
"
im very sad :(...
"
Bens Others Guides

just letting you guys know,

im currently on the beta testing flame totem and all the changes.

JUST FYI

Flame totem is dead, the buffs needed are just too massive and GGG wont ever buff it THAT much.

Either way this build is dead in 2.0

Your better off using a shockwave crit totem if ur going with totem.

Reasons :

1. Totems no longer draw full aggro as they do on live servers.

2. Shotgunning is gone so the damage on the flame totem is mediocre now in comparison to aoe skills

3. You can no longer go full crit because the totems wont protect you ( even while using empire grasp to suck monsters away from you with flame totem, it still doesnt do a good job of protecting you)

My build is dead in 2.0 Sorry

The Dps Screen Shot Above Shows The Potential For Crit Totems (w/out vaal haste etc)

(this will now continue on the actual guide and video from torment league)

Video

- atziri runs

i did this vid when i had only 7.5k dps ( on the tool tip)

by the time i finished the build and got over it (lvl 84)

i had 11k gmp tool tip and 14k(tool tip dps) with power charges (4 charges only)

so you can imagine how much better it gets in comparison with the recorded atziri run when you hit those 20/20 gems etc

Passive Tree

Pros
Spoiler

> Some of the highest Dps per ex investment ive ever seen
> Insane Clear Speed
> Quite Easy and Fun
>> Edit >> You can use Wands or Daggers

Cons
Spoiler

>No Defense Mechanism
>if you dont know how to place your totems or you position incorrectly you will rip - too many people are complaining about deaths because they arent placing totems correctly

>Crit Aint Cheap(but this build in general is pretty cheap)

Mobility?
Spoiler
Reduced duration - Lightning Warp - Faster Casting (you can put this in your dagger 3link or wand 3link)

How to Get Power Charges?
Spoiler
GMP + Ice Spear + PCoc - before you say but your using ancestral bond... try it then realize you can still generate the charges.. you just dont do damage

Gem Links
Spoiler
Flame Totem - GMP - Faster Casting - Increased Crit Damage - Faster Projectiles

6th link
Spoiler
Added Chaos Damage or Added Cold Damage

Auras
Spoiler
Clarity/ Herald of Thunder/ Herald of Ice - If you want to beef up the dps you can palce the heralds in a +1 to all gem setup and run it with empower for lvl 25 heralds

Curses

Spoiler
i dont use any HOWEVER on hard bosses you can carry Enfeeble

GEAR

5 Link Infernal Mantle (5 link mandatory wouldnt not recommend a 4link its just too inconvenient)

Weapons
Spoiler

Daggers FOR "SELF FOUND" (preferably Golden Kris for the 80% global crit chance
each dagger could potentially have 180% spell critical strike chance)

UPDATE ON WEAPONS

Spoiler

So you look at this build and wonder. hmm what would be the best possible weapon to use.

Look no further here is the tip

Wand- Stats - Spell crit chance over 70% - Spell damage over 60% - Critical strike Multiplier - over 30% - Cast speed over 15%

End Game You eventually want to dual wield wands with these rolls or higher.

untill then you can be self found like the daggers i currently use.

I hate void Bringer gloves

The Crit Multiplier from Face Breakers is insane for this build (its global critical strike multiplier) and you can easily corrupt +1 to all gems/ Temp chains on hit/ Ele Weakness on hit

UPDATE ON GLOVES
Spoiler
I now use

50% crit chance is litterally only 2% where as 60% multiplier is quite huge. face breakers are cheap and i recommend corrupting them till you get +1 to all gems / curse on hit temp chains/ curse on hit ele weaknes

Helm
Spoiler

Shock Crit = OP with celestial Punishment on flame crit totem

I use three dragons because when you shock with the fire damage the shock lasts longer

Base shock duration is 27.6 seconds times the proportion of the target's effective maximum life dealt. The base (?) duration is capped at a third of this value (9.2 seconds). If the duration would be below 0.3 seconds, the shock effect is not applied; at base this is equivalent to 1.09% of the target's effective maximum life.

if your damage to crit is too small the shock isnt applied against big targets.

Amulet
Spoiler

Something like this is pretty neat

Rings
Spoiler

Res/life/mana/ and diamond for the crit chance

Bandits
Spoiler
Oak Kill Kill or Get power Charge

Unfortunately i took apart this build before i could record how insanely good it gets once you hit those 20/20 gems and get decent gear.

Rolls of Importance on Weapons
Spoiler
Spell Damage > Crit Multiplier > Cast Speed > Global/Spell Critical Strike Chance >Elemental damage > Fire Damage

Leveling Guide

Spoiler
Flame blast till you have a 5link mantle, are ready to wear the mantle, and have enough points to grab ancestral bond. Then switch to totem

Everyone will love you in parties

The dps is insane

You never need to get hit while you always have a totem taking the brunt of the damage

Mostly Self found this build can get you farmed up and tons of free looterinos

Enjoy

edit to explain why i use three dragons
edit added Aura title above aura setup spoiler

From a Fellow Player Trying the Build

Spoiler
To OP just want to thank you for the build I'm enjoying it even thou just level 43 at the moment.
For a person who played RF LL MF sporker ( beta ) and MF dual flame totem last league, have to level this character and plus never played a Templar.

Already have a level 80 witch ( The Winter-Arc Crit ) and this drop

Now rushing to level up my Templar fun fun lol.

Here is my gear at the moment ( Gems are just my preference )

My skill tree at level 43

Used Lightning Tendrils since I got it from quest ( not a fan of Flame Blast )
I used Facebreaker for the crit until I can equip Milagro's or Void gloves
Auras for now are HOI and Clarity

Hope this can help people who wants to start this build

~~~~~~

Update Gear

Spoiler
Hello,

I am also in beta and I'm trying this build, I think you can compensate for a part of the nerfs by using the Knockback gem with the flame totem. I'm in a4 cruel so far, using self found items and for the moment i feel quite alright with the dps and the crowd control.

Rarely they get close to me.

Here is my beta tree so far (currently on my way to Shaman's Dominion): http://tinyurl.com/p2scmrq
Last edited by gophren on May 24, 2015, 4:19:12 AM
I am playing this build on beta, currently level 70. This build is not 100% dead, it is just not as strong as it was with limited gear. The golem helps with the aggro problem, and it is also possible to use zombie to help (though not needed). Dps is quite strong, shit dies really fast (doing it with 150% IIR 10IIQ)

But yea, definitely not anymore a tier 1 build, you are too much squishy :((
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on May 25, 2015, 4:32:25 AM
"
lqte wrote:

alot of people are bad and dont know what they are talking about...

i tested it fully and i even tested full crit shockwave totems and many many other builds

Since they changed the totem aggro you can no longer go full dps and the dps itself is 1/5th of the current dps on live servers.

video showing totem aggro changes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJa3djm0Tts
What a shame.

I'm currently Level 84 with this build and there is no map and no boss that can stand up to my totems. Really liked it, specially when i got it going around level 70 and basically found everything i needed for it myself.
The darkness looms forebodingly...
"
"
lqte wrote:

alot of people are bad and dont know what they are talking about...

i tested it fully and i even tested full crit shockwave totems and many many other builds

Since they changed the totem aggro you can no longer go full dps and the dps itself is 1/5th of the current dps on live servers.

video showing totem aggro changes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJa3djm0Tts

How 'crit shockwave' worked out on beta?
Was it viable?
„Never underestimate one's greediness.”
Shockwave feels like the only totem build that you can still go full crit on.

Especially when using hatred and having big cold damage so that the crits not only freeze but your totems will knock them back (or suck them if ur using the empires grasp)

With shockwave totem using increased aoe and some aoe nodes you can get it almost full screen

and when your using ancestral bond or even the silk robe to have 2 or 3 totems the full screen knockback effect becomes safe enough to protect you.

Either way now totem builds will need some kind of heavy defence with the aggro protection gone and Cast when damage taken immortal call gone.

You will most likely need massive life regen/ massive armor/ or to incorporate evasion & acrobatics (but starting as ranger would not be that easy for a full crit or even a totem build in general.

tbh i have given up on totems and i know for sure this build will die in 2.0

current flame totem - http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Flame_Totem

beta flame totem - http://cb.poedb.tw/us/gem.php?n=Flame+Totem

current shock wave totem -http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shockwave_Totem

beta shock wave totem - http://cb.poedb.tw/us/gem.php?n=Shockwave+Totem

Flame totem had a massive buff especially with the 1% increased base crit chance.

however flame totem was literally all about shotgunning.

Pros for beta flame totem - no need for lmp or gmp, additional projectiles built in, higher base damage, higher base crit.

Con - no more shotgunning, 25% damage effectiveness is still on it so its very hard to scale.

Shockwave totem has a small buff on the beta, but the 50% damage effectiveness makes it very easy to scale and win no aoe nerfs the aoe dmg is still incredible.

Either way i wouldnt use totems at all because with the increased map pool and small buffs to mob its very easy to rip and so now you cant just go full damage.

your better off using many many other builds and even melee is looking gg atm.
From the announcements about changes, i was not expecting otherwise. But then, as for the flashback league and until 2.0 is there, i really enjoy having started this build

Changed charging to romira's/ incinerate-coh-assassin's-gmp double cursing ele weakness with windscream and the totems work like a blender for bosses

also made a short atziri video i wanted to share will post the link when it's uplaoded. i never had the bossfights done so fast its great fun :D

Here's the updated version of his build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R5xqLythC4

Hopes you guys understand it and enjoy ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info