[1.3]Morgor/Ben's Official CoC Frost Wall AoE Monster

Ben's Other Guides

I started this build when i first tried kinetic blast and saw the effect it had on frost wall

immediately i began crafting an entire build based around coc/frostwall/ and having 100% pierce

alot of people saw me on mano's stream etc

either way ENJOY

Passive Tree

Explanation on Controversial Nodes

Spoiler
Blast radius because u need aoe on kinetic so that the explosions hit more monsters and shotgun better

Freeze is your main defense especially alongside the frost walls keeping enemies away from you

WARNING, THIS ISNT A PARTY BUILD....

Bandits
Spoiler
Oak/Kill/Power Charge

Gear
Spoiler

sold my wand and i took out my gems but basically

Tabula /Alphas/ and whatever phys wand you can get (this is my current setup)

crit chance/attackspeed/flat dmg is important
(crit multi if possible)

THIS BUILD REQUIRES
Spoiler
6LINK CHEST PLATE(any) OR 5LINK VOLLS Protector

^^ IT WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT A METHOD TO ACHIEVE POWER CHARGES VIA CURSES/VOLLS/PCOC ^^

Gem Setup
Spoiler
Pierce / Gmp / Frost Wall/ CoC/ Kinetic Blast/ PcoC

Damage explanation

So you you hit a pack and it pierces through all of them

each hit creates 4 explosions

each explosion does 25% less of the tool tip dps

so with gmp you hit a pack of 20 mob it would create around 80 explosions

which is pretty good dps

but now imagine that you hit 20 mob + 10 walls

what do the walls do?
Spoiler
they act as minions and proq the explosion effect

So instead of 80 explosions

ud do somewhere around 120 not including alot of other factors.

This build will out dps 99% of all other builds in terms of aoe dmg per second.

( ive tested and seen the numbers )

Play style

Bosses who cant move
Spoiler
pop a vaal haste or just auto. walls will stack ontop of each other. 500 explosions occur and boss goes down

Mob
Spoiler
try to push towards other walls, walls that cant be pierced bounce the explosions back wards created a huge shotgun effect

Strongboxes
Spoiler
Auto attack once or twice when they spawn and they all go down instantly

Jumping Mob
Spoiler
Stand near a wall and auto the wall so that the explosions shotgun behind you and ontop the target creating protective walls and gibbing the mob

This build will troll 90% of poe players and can cause extreme lag and fps drop

but it does INSANE DPS to everyone who has tried it they know

this dmg is op op
Last edited by Bloomania on May 20, 2015, 9:47:39 PM
up for nice guide
i'm not getting this guide/build

theres a few ele nodes but mostly wand phys damage nodes, and yet the main damage seems to be frost wall?

so shouldnt you be taking ele/spell damage nodes to boost damage of the frostwall and not wands damage? whats going on here

and is this supposed to be a life/energy shield build? i see both picked

you also say tabula + alphas is needed... then a few lines down say build wont work without Volls... wut?
Last edited by bangaroo on Jan 5, 2015, 10:48:47 PM
the damage doesnt come from frost wall

thats not how this build works

okay so for starters

frost wall proqs the kinetic blast when it gets pierced through..

so you hit a wall with kinetic you will notice some explosions.

thats what happens when it pierces through mobs and the frost wall

by using this coc frost wall your placing more objects for the kinetic blast to explode on causing an insane amount of aoe dps.

i said a tabula and alphas is what im using not needed

then i said a 6link or a 5link volls..

i didnt say volls 5linked or 6linked..

this build will work only a 6link chest plate because of the gems it requires there is no room to remove a gem or it wont work very well

or a 5link volls will also work because the volls provides a built in pcoc.
ok that makes more sense

question about your tree then.. at the very begining you're taking +Ele damage nodes instead of phys or attack speed. whys that

if you're trying to proc a phys damage attack wouldnt that help more than ele damage?

also you're gearing towards phys damage completely? meaning phys damage wand above all else?
"
bangaroo wrote:
ok that makes more sense

question about your tree then.. at the very begining you're taking +Ele damage nodes instead of phys or attack speed. whys that

if you're trying to proc a phys damage attack wouldnt that help more than ele damage?

also you're gearing towards phys damage completely? meaning phys damage wand above all else?

the type of damage you use doesnt matter

its more about attack speed/ stacking walls/ and having big aoe so that the explosions stack inbetween themselves.

( i eventually also wanted to switch to a piscator for the higher attack speed

and hence i advise ele dmg nodes to stack ontop of heralds etc.)

all the dps from this build comes from auras/attack speed/ and the shotgun frost wall effect
Last edited by Bloomania on Jan 15, 2015, 10:16:02 PM
nice guide, but can be improved.

1.Since you have changed some gears, can you please have a write-up to show all the important gem setup? like what heralds, what auras. And since kinetic is an attack why use heralds the auras. Since you have pushed mobs together, why not ice herald but thunder?

2.and if possible, each slot with suitable uniques or rare gear stat priority. (something like wand: N aps > M dps > X crit chance.)

3.and passive tree progression would really help for lvling new chars.

4.Since dmg from atk spd/aura, do you even lvl up ur kinetic? and why.

5.How do you think about Piscator's Vigil?

I would like to try this out if I could figure all the details out.
Thank you very much.
Last edited by kongyuyu on Jan 26, 2015, 7:56:12 PM
sadly, this thread seems have been abandoned by its creator.
I love pie.
I decided to give this build a try in Torment, and was able to have a lot of fun while leveling, but atm I am stuck in the later 60s... struggling against reflect. How can I improve my odds against it? The moment I get a critical, bazillion frostwalls pop and I oneshot me. I dont even need to strike twice.

Maybe a belly of the beast might help? Or a high level AA? I feel like the build has tons of damage nodes in the talent tree, and somewhat lacks defensive nodes. I cant see this build running 2 heralds + 1/2 damage auras + clarity (for AA) + AA.

Also, there is little to none life leech, and we dont get vaal pact. I am not sure how can this build survive at higher levels. Maybe I'm missing something?

It's a pity the OP seems to have forgotten this build, because I was having a blast with it. A more detailed guide would've been greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Harmona on Feb 12, 2015, 8:59:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info