[1.3] Ben's Anti - Ruckus RF Vaal Molten Shell FB Prolif Build

Bens Others Guides

I originally was looking at Raizqt's Vaal molten shell build but it just didnt quite meet the standard i have when it comes to builds.

I began to craft and build my very own Vaal Molten Shell Build, with a twist.

WHY IS THIS THE ANTI-RUCKUS BUILDERINO?

Spoiler
BECAUSE, almost all the modifiers from ruckus actually help the damage.

For example, onslaught will allow for monsters to run at you faster, and attack you faster, making the vaal molten shell as effective as possible.

The beyond bosses that spawn around you and usually swarm you, improve the vaal molten shell because its an aoe spell that will proq per hit.

Beyond bosses? NO PROBLEM

Rogue exiles? No Problem

Shrines? Yes PLS

Video
Spoiler
http://www.twitch.tv/romeprince/c/6706625

http://www.twitch.tv/romeprince/b/660291503 - in this video i was very tired and playing like a dunce, it may not be as exciting as the first video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTv_wc5n1nM&feature=youtu.be- Double Academy Boss 1 shot

Passive Tree

*Warning*
Do not get any %Effect Buffs or You WONT sustain RF

Classic RF
Spoiler
You will need to be running a vitality,purity of fire, and lots of life regen on the tree

Why RF? Cant you just Grab Spell Dmg?
Spoiler
RF Life Regen Actually Makes You Tanky (because you have high life regen and high fire res. It also fits the idea of running into packs face first)

EE?

Spoiler
to me its a waste dont bother

GEAR This is Current Gear... eventually it will be changed/updated

Spoiler

BTW

[/b]
Spoiler
[Ideal Tabula Would Be +2 Vaal Gems Tabula]

You could also run it in a Geofris Crest that has +2 Vaal Gems, the Vaal molten shell gets +3 from the helm, and from a lvl 3-4 empower it could get another couple levels bringing the overall burst damage to around 40-70k per hit

Why Spell Echo?

Spoiler
2x Vaal Molten Shell (It visually shows two, it casts twice, but there's 1 duration not 2x or 2 duration of vaal molten shell.)

Do you need a 6link?
Spoiler
NO, This build can even run on a 4l for those who want to use kaoms, however i would recommend a 5l or 6l for the Vaal Molten Shell

Can i Run Two Vaal Molten Shells?
Spoiler
yes you can, however if your not doing high maps with massive pack size then it will take you too long to charge one up. ATM its 64 souls per charge. The new jewels in 2.0 will improve this build greatly

Gem Links for Vaal Molten Shell
Spoiler
Most Important - Increased Duration , Spell Echo, Life Leech, Spell Echo, Elemental Proliferation/Increased Area of Effect - Least Important

Getting a %Quality Vaal Molten Shell is AMAZING (however its very hard, so ele prolif wont be effective on it till then)

Bandits
Spoiler
Oak (for the life), Kill All, Oak (Endurance Charge)

Defense Mechanism?

Spoiler
You have massive life regen, high fire res to counter fire dmg and reflect, and when you pop a ruby flask you should be almost capped or capped fire res.

Also i run a very long lasting CWDT Immortal Call (see gear for current levels)

Most important Item?
Spoiler

Wont Work without Rise of the Pheonix

How is this Different Than Other Prolif Builds???
Spoiler
Well uh jee for starters it focuses on Vaal Molten Shell as the Main element of the build, the prolif fb is ONLY used via the doryanis and is mainly for racking up souls and dealing far away dps while your charge isnt available.

I dont curse myself with temp chains, and i focus on rf Boosting the DPS

Enjoy and feel free to ask questions etc
Last edited by Bloomania on May 30, 2015, 4:12:49 AM

build updated with videos

etc
build updated with videos

etc

____

bump
Hi and thanks for your build, it has definitely been interesting to read.
i hope you forgive some of my very basic questions:
what do you think about dual wielding doryani's?
do you know how i can calculate which of these options should give the highest damage output?
a) scolds bridle
b) geoffrey's +2 vaal with empower (what would you link vms and empower to?)
c) 6l chest (and dual doryani's)

what do you think about this combination: iron will, alberon's warpath, meningord's vise, astramentis?

how about about herald of a$$?

I certainly don't mean any disrespect, but to my amateur eye it seems like there is still some dmg potential in your build.

thank you in advance,
ice
"
Icebergue wrote:
Hi and thanks for your build, it has definitely been interesting to read.
i hope you forgive some of my very basic questions:
what do you think about dual wielding doryani's?
do you know how i can calculate which of these options should give the highest damage output?
a) scolds bridle
b) geoffrey's +2 vaal with empower (what would you link vms and empower to?)
c) 6l chest (and dual doryani's)

what do you think about this combination: iron will, alberon's warpath, meningord's vise, astramentis?

how about about herald of a$$?

I certainly don't mean any disrespect, but to my amateur eye it seems like there is still some dmg potential in your build.

thank you in advance,
ice

of course there is potential to the build and other such things

this build was designed with "cheap" in mind, hence the tabula etc

it was made to counter the ridiculous ruckus mods

yes it can be improved upon and even a crit variation can be done.

but i feel like if someone wants to stray off the path of this build they can do so privately. i dont want to advise people into creating some expensive build that might not be sturdy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info