Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
toxic678 wrote:

a couple questions though..
1) Inpula's - when I plug that into PoB, it doesn't show a DPS increase. Either I'm doing something wrong, or PoB doesn't take its effect into account. I have a +9% in standard, but don't remember it feeling game changing. Especially since an unlinked one is starting around 6ex in betrayal.

Look, I was skeptical too. Now I cast arc 1-time and I have to search for loot the adjacent rooms when everybody explodes. I really want to get wrath and a good watcher's eye now for extreme fun
Can anybody let me know what I should be focusing on upgrading next? I'm not that great at making money, but obviously I should be going for an Inpulsa.

I have about 1 ex and 110 chaos orbs right now. I can run T10 maps pretty comfortably, but haven't really tried any red ones. Thinking I should upgrade before that.

Thanks!
thanks for answering the questions i asked last week guys, really appreciate.

now that i have changed my flasks to the build recommended, what next? i am thinking of saving up for inpulsa and divine/jeweller/fusing myself. still 4ex away :(

is this the correct upgrade?
Hate to be that guy, but I'm really lost with a direction to go in for my current gear, sorry.

This is the first time I've genuinely cared about min/maxing my character in POE, instead of just doing whatever and quitting a week into a League. I've been learning so much playing this build and I want to "take it all the way", so to speak. Reminds me a lot of my Lite Sorc days in Diablo 2 honestly.

At any rate, I've got 1ex and 205c for a budget at the moment. Been saving for an Inpulsa, but I've been starting to have a tough time as I'm breaking into the T9+ range and I'm not sure if it's a playstyle or gear issue.

Here is my current setup:
Spoiler

Weapons:

Armor:

Belt/Jewelry:

Jewels:

Flasks:
"
any recommendations for uniques while leveling to speed things up? :)

Whatever you find leveling up. Tabula for 6L and throw in Mana Leech instead of Hypothermia so you don't think about mana.. then switch out when you finished 3rd lab. Several decent uniques, but leveling is such a breeze as a caster.. whatever weapons give high spell dmg and cast speed and whatever other equipment that gives HP and resists to cap is all you need. Cerberus Limb, Divinarius, Heartbreaker, etc.

"
toxic678 wrote:
1) Inpula's - when I plug that into PoB, it doesn't show a DPS increase. Either I'm doing something wrong, or PoB doesn't take its effect into account.
2) The "nimbleness" cluster looks like it will add 18k dps for 3 passive points (2x int + jewel socket). Unless I haven't seen a really good jewel, I'm not sure that would be better. I have a few other jewels tagged as unused in PoB, but they seem to top out at +9k-11k dps.

I stopped using PoB, but Inpulsa has 3 damage modifiers that make it great for any self-casted high lightning build that shocks. If you saw no damage change in PoB, one of the first 2 are definitely not being calculated. The third one can't.
1. Damage if killed recently - Mark that you've killed recently.
2. Shock effect - Mark that the enemy is shocked.
3. Explosions - Too many factors to calculate in PoB. It is like a mini-culling effect with all of the overlapping damage explosions.

I know it took a few casts to clear red maps and then upgrading to 6L Inpulsa + Wrath Essence spiked my damage big time. I clear most red map non-Rare packs with single casts, maybe a few more if the Rare doesn't get chained too. It also enhances my off-screen potential significantly because the Arcs killed quicker, allowing for chains to any other packs within range. Seen several times having to chase the Arc because I hear loot sound and the map indicator is out of range.

"
XeLLoS47 wrote:
Can anybody let me know what I should be focusing on upgrading next? I'm not that great at making money, but obviously I should be going for an Inpulsa.

No freeze removal on flask.
Change HP points to get Purity of Flesh for chaos resist.
Gloves and amulet are bad. Just adding HP and dex with some attack speed for movement or crit for EO proc (might still be at base 5%, didn't do math). Cast or atk/cast speed on gloves with possible spell/minion damage for extra damage. Extra resists are helpful to alleviate other slot requirements like jewels or amulet. Amulet you can get cheap elemental and cast speed with later upgrades to penetration and other damage enhancers.
Do your last lab. Take a 2nd HP potion if needed. 40% more damage, tankier minions, more dmg/cast speed from Golems, etc. If you need help, try global chat for finding trials or lab runners.
2nd Craft on Basalt flask. Might get more charges or reduced charges for 2nd use on bosses.
Chaos resist seems low, I prefer positive numbers pre-flask this league (my opinion).
I would value shaped daggers (moderate price, yolo Annul if needed, etc) and enchanted or Minion helm over Inpulsa. Immediate upgrade now to farm currency for the bigger upgrades.

"
Skrible wrote:
now that i have changed my flasks to the build recommended, what next? i am thinking of saving up for inpulsa and divine/jeweller/fusing myself. still 4ex away :(

is this the correct upgrade?

I value immediate upgrades over Inpulsa, but some people would argue otherwise.
Missing a skill point from quest.
Craft on gloves and amulet.
Minion or enchanted helm.
Shaped weapons (only when moderately priced, I paid 10 and 25c for mine, might have Annulled one).
Abyss belt for extra jewel.
Purity of Flesh and extra chaos resist.
Jewel upgrades. None have HP, only 1 has 2 worthwhile damage mods.
Once gear is optimized to remove a ring, switch to Essence Worm + Wrath.

Then I would start saving for Inpulsa.

"
Beacon95 wrote:
At any rate, I've got 1ex and 205c for a budget at the moment. Been saving for an Inpulsa, but I've been starting to have a tough time as I'm breaking into the T9+ range and I'm not sure if it's a playstyle or gear issue

Shaped weapons (only when moderately priced, I paid 10 and 25c for mine, might have Annulled one).
Abyss belt, damage gloves (atk/cast speed, minion damage, spell dmg, etc).
Enchanted boots.
Remove 2 spell crit to left of Lord of Dead, another jewel slot.
Remove 1 5% HP - 2nd 2-point jewel slot (HP + 1-2 dmg cancels lost HP).
Remove 3 or 5 more 5% HP - Complete Purity of Flesh for extra chaos resist.
Yolo Vaal Arc for 21. If it fails, buy a level 21 Arc or use back-up slots to level spares of it or other support gems (21 Arc is cheap compared to other supports).

That should put you under budget and into red maps without too many non-Betrayal issues until you get to the expensive upgrades like Inpulsa and Watcher's.

One open suffix, either 16-20% attack speed, 13-16% lightning damage or 6-7% to deal double damage.

Opinions?
@blackdeath
Would definitely be keen to hear your thoughts on what I need to focus on at this point. Currently completed all maps up to T4 and piling into T5, things are still going good but wondering what I should focus on next apart from collecting ridiculous amounts of currency!
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

"
toxic678 wrote:
1) Inpula's - when I plug that into PoB, it doesn't show a DPS increase. Either I'm doing something wrong, or PoB doesn't take its effect into account.
2) The "nimbleness" cluster looks like it will add 18k dps for 3 passive points (2x int + jewel socket). Unless I haven't seen a really good jewel, I'm not sure that would be better. I have a few other jewels tagged as unused in PoB, but they seem to top out at +9k-11k dps.

I stopped using PoB, but Inpulsa has 3 damage modifiers that make it great for any self-casted high lightning build that shocks. If you saw no damage change in PoB, one of the first 2 are definitely not being calculated. The third one can't.
1. Damage if killed recently - Mark that you've killed recently.
2. Shock effect - Mark that the enemy is shocked.
3. Explosions - Too many factors to calculate in PoB. It is like a mini-culling effect with all of the overlapping damage explosions.

I know it took a few casts to clear red maps and then upgrading to 6L Inpulsa + Wrath Essence spiked my damage big time. I clear most red map non-Rare packs with single casts, maybe a few more if the Rare doesn't get chained too. It also enhances my off-screen potential significantly because the Arcs killed quicker, allowing for chains to any other packs within range. Seen several times having to chase the Arc because I hear loot sound and the map indicator is out of range.

Thanks again. I completely forgot about the configuartion panel on PoB.. Had shock & chills turned off. The damage calc increased greatly, but it still doesn't show a change with Inpulsa. From what I remember last season, it was noticable. I guess that is the next thing, though I'll need to replace a bunch of other pieces to support it, since a ton of resists are on my current chest.

What about the nimbleness cluster? It seems pretty good. I'm guessing it situational depending on how good the jewels are.

One other weird quirk.. I'm guessing it's a bug.

Vaal Arc level 20 -OR- level 20 Arc on the left mouse.. clicking on the floor moves you there unless you hold the force stand button, in which case it arcs to the cursor location.

Corrupted Arc level 21, clicking on the floor with left mouse just triggers arc to that location. No way to move at all (except whirling blades).

Is this a bug?

Fairly easy to work around.. arc goes to right click, but its a pain in the ass after playing with primary skill on left click for years.
Hello again!

Enki - As always, thank you so much for the build.

I would greatly appreciate if I could get some direction of what to focus on upgrading next. I am doing fine so far all the way through T8 maps.

However, I am hoping to start planning for Final bosses and wanting to make sure I can handle it.

I also have the Minion and Lord of Dead nodes.
-
Last edited by TheSaKKi on Dec 19, 2018, 7:26:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info