Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
toxic678 wrote:

Thanks again. I completely forgot about the configuartion panel on PoB.. Had shock & chills turned off. The damage calc increased greatly, but it still doesn't show a change with Inpulsa. From what I remember last season, it was noticable. I guess that is the next thing, though I'll need to replace a bunch of other pieces to support it, since a ton of resists are on my current chest.

Shock is annoying in PoB. By default, it calculates 0% shock. If you select “enemy is shocked” it calculates 50% shock. Unless you have the full 150% effectiveness for shock granting you the full shock amount, you need to keep it deselected and then manually calculate your multiplier. In either case it completely ignores the shock effectiveness of Impulsa’s even though that is a major damage boost. Likewise it can’t calculate the explosion damage.

I wish there was a way to select how much the enemy is shocked for and to select the percentage of uptime on ailments. I’m pretty sure without a significant amount of cold damage we do not have chill up 100% on all enemies. There is 8 seconds of a 14 second rotation where confluxes don’t chill, so you have to have at least 1% of cold damage to the target to chill. Chill lasts for a default of 2 seconds. Cold Snap will help with chills during the time confluxes don’t chill, but that does require us to get hit in order to cast.
"
zyplex wrote:
One open suffix, either 16-20% attack speed, 13-16% lightning damage or 6-7% to deal double damage.

Opinions?

Probably attack speed if you're movement skill feels slow. You're missing attack speed from Lightning Golem enchant and boot enchant.
Just remember that since it is not shaped, you can't get the 16-20% elemental as extra chaos, and will miss quite a bit of flat chaos damage.

"
Banana_Lee wrote:
@blackdeath
Would definitely be keen to hear your thoughts on what I need to focus on at this point. Currently completed all maps up to T4 and piling into T5, things are still going good but wondering what I should focus on next apart from collecting ridiculous amounts of currency!

Stibnite is bad for build, switch to Atziri's with 14-15% elemental.
Trade HP some HP passives for Purity of Flesh.
No cold damage to spells for Hypothermia, get an abyss jewel with HP, cold to spells, and hopefully something else for damage. Alternative, flat dmg craft on rings with cold/lightning.
No HP on boots/helm. Pretty much all around upgrades as you can afford them. See my last few posts for gearing suggestions, probably start with Bone/Enchanted helm and Enchanted boots and keep upgrading as you can afford them.

"
toxic678 wrote:
Fairly easy to work around.. arc goes to right click, but its a pain in the ass after playing with primary skill on left click for years.

I updated my PoB and loaded my stuff. Definitely saw the damage change between Tabula and Inpulsa, still not sure what you're doing wrong, but I went from 484k to 510k in PoB, plus the explosions. (Left some stuff off like Frenzy charges and Onslaught). And I have no idea how PoB handles the extra shock effect.
For Nimbleness, you're way too invested into PoB numbers. Cast speed will amplify damage numbers to crazy amounts, but that is a situation where you don't have to move or do other stuff. 12% cast speed is great and all, but you're cutting into damage # stats. And we don't have any 3-point jewels with 2 INT. The only 3-point jewel is with 16% mana. Run Nimbleness if you want to, but you're giving up a damage or defensive stat somewhere for it.
Can't help you with the Arc movement. I have grown very accustomed to right-click with ranged characters for PoE with left click as Movement only.

"
Arkaon wrote:

I also have the Minion and Lord of Dead nodes.

I'm slightly confused and impressed you've got a 6L Inpulsa with the rest of your gear worth less than an exalt total.

Pick-up the damage node below Lord of the Dead and remove both spell crit (gain 1 point). Trade some HP for Purity of Flesh for chaos resists.
Lightning to attacks does nothing, so your gloves are not great with just crafted HP + cast speed and right ring is just a bit of resists and cast speed. Probably target for Essence of Worm upgrade when you can afford it.
Both weapons not really good and have a low base. Try to get good lightning damage, lightning to spells, and cast speed until you can afford Shaped daggers.
Really low resists on belt. You'll need more and abyss belt for extra jewel slot.
And then eventual Bone or Enchanted helm and better gloves.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Dec 19, 2018, 7:16:56 PM
I'm working on a very low budget and looking for a new toon just for mapping. Since my Tec Slam dude can kill bosses but he's pretty shitty at maps. I don't need the super high single target build this currently is, just a fast mapper.

I already have Ahn's Heritage and 1Pacifism. Should I buy one Doryani's+Pacifism and run like that until I get 2 daggers?. Will it still be somewhat zoom zoom or... Should I buy 2 Cerberus Limb, which is about the same budget. And dual wield those instead.

Just for mapping, which set up would work better?

Thanks bois!!! <3

"
blackdeath101 wrote:

"
toxic678 wrote:
Fairly easy to work around.. arc goes to right click, but its a pain in the ass after playing with primary skill on left click for years.

I updated my PoB and loaded my stuff. Definitely saw the damage change between Tabula and Inpulsa, still not sure what you're doing wrong, but I went from 484k to 510k in PoB, plus the explosions. (Left some stuff off like Frenzy charges and Onslaught). And I have no idea how PoB handles the extra shock effect.
For Nimbleness, you're way too invested into PoB numbers. Cast speed will amplify damage numbers to crazy amounts, but that is a situation where you don't have to move or do other stuff. 12% cast speed is great and all, but you're cutting into damage # stats. And we don't have any 3-point jewels with 2 INT. The only 3-point jewel is with 16% mana. Run Nimbleness if you want to, but you're giving up a damage or defensive stat somewhere for it.
Can't help you with the Arc movement. I have grown very accustomed to right-click with ranged characters for PoE with left click as Movement only.

HaHa - Guilty as charged. Only been using for PoB for a couple weeks. The engineer in me loves it, but still don't fully trust it - no matter how good it is, it's not the same code as PoE.. I'm definately doing something wrong with PoB/Inpulse, but it doesn't really matter. I trust the anecdotes people in this thread have given about how good it was. And besides, if it wasn't good, it wouldn't have been nerfed.

I'm a ways off from Inpulsa.. only have about 50% to a 5L and 25% to a 6L one, so I def have a while before I have to worry about that. Unless I base a really cheap one and try to socket, link and color it myself. or I could hit hte "drop 10 currency" beast recipe jackpot ;)

Would the Dagger called Heartbreaker be good for one of the Daggers, at least early on? It has Culling Strike and +69% Spell Damage?

Just about to finish the last Act, so would getting both Heartbreaker and Divinarius be a good dual dagger start for trying out Daggers? (Have been using 2 Sceptres and Leap Slam up till now)
Last edited by cjave68 on Dec 19, 2018, 8:50:50 PM
What do the minion damage nodes do for this build?
"
PeopleReady wrote:
What do the minion damage nodes do for this build?

Spiritual Aid node makes those nodes apply to you too
Please update the skill tree, it can't be opened!
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
Beacon95 wrote:
At any rate, I've got 1ex and 205c for a budget at the moment. Been saving for an Inpulsa, but I've been starting to have a tough time as I'm breaking into the T9+ range and I'm not sure if it's a playstyle or gear issue

Shaped weapons (only when moderately priced, I paid 10 and 25c for mine, might have Annulled one).
Abyss belt, damage gloves (atk/cast speed, minion damage, spell dmg, etc).
Enchanted boots.
Remove 2 spell crit to left of Lord of Dead, another jewel slot.
Remove 1 5% HP - 2nd 2-point jewel slot (HP + 1-2 dmg cancels lost HP).
Remove 3 or 5 more 5% HP - Complete Purity of Flesh for extra chaos resist.
Yolo Vaal Arc for 21. If it fails, buy a level 21 Arc or use back-up slots to level spares of it or other support gems (21 Arc is cheap compared to other supports).

That should put you under budget and into red maps without too many non-Betrayal issues until you get to the expensive upgrades like Inpulsa and Watcher's.

Appreciate the suggestions, put some of them into effect and already noticing the difference, so thank you. The skill node swaps were especially helpful. Didn't realize how useful that Purity of Flesh cluster was.

Still have some messing around to do with my jewels and such, but at least now I got some things to focus on. Thanks again!
Hey enki, love the guide, can I get a recommendation on crafting base for weapon? The link you gave recommends either platinum kris (for damage) or sai (for defense), but I was wondering what you think is more important for the build?

Thanks again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info