Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Desomph wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Desomph/characters
Here's the elementalist I'm talking about.

Your profile is private :)
"
Ynera wrote:
"
Desomph wrote:

Fixed that now, thanks for letting me know! :)
Hello There,

Thanks Enki for this awesome guide and build.
I'm starting to enjoy this game, tried several times before but always got stuck at the end game complexity and associated time investment.
But this time I really want to really understand all the mechanics and get deeper into the game.

Well so my character is "ok" but I really need some feedbacks from you guys, can you check my character profile and give me some advices? :
- Have I made some mistakes on gearing?
- Do you see some obvious upgrades?

... and I have to invest some time into POB also for the future :D
Currently mapping around T6 7

Arc DPS ingame tooltip is around 17k

Thank you !
Lx
"
Desomph wrote:
"
Ynera wrote:
"
Desomph wrote:

Fixed that now, thanks for letting me know! :)

As always (coz I'm at work) I can only judge gems setup and some gear advice :)

Gems :
-Replace orb of storm with storm brand (arcane surge is too much high - it must keep at level 6)
-Your CwDt (one with enfeblee) is too much high.
Keep CwDt at Lv1, Immortal Call at Lv3 and Cold Snap at Lv7. The higher cwdt is, the more damage you need to take before it procs (so keep it at low level make it easier to proc)

Flasks:
You lack of bleed removal and armour and evasion flasks

Gear:
Try to get a 5L chest
Try to get a better right ring
Probably I would go for a better helmet and belt too (you need much more life).
Your Ghoul Spark jewel is totally useless : we dont have crit multiplier (becouse of elemental Overload), attack speed with wand mean 0, coz we dont "attack" with wands (AND you dont wield a wand atm :p ) and phys damage too are useless.
Hazardous research jewel is too a bit meh. Is ok for 10% lightning damage but you can for sure take something better (try to follow Enki advice into Jewel section).

Start from these and let me know how it go :)

Bye
Every couple of posts there's someone that links profile and asks others to do their job checking out their characters.
Once you set up your character with basic gear, it's all about small upgrades and min maxing afterwards. This seems like a big taboo when it comes to further improving gear-wise.

Such a well written and detailed guide - and it's still easier to throw a post asking about trivial stuff?

Another page will turn, and there will be 3 more guys asking about minion nodes and upgrade paths.. shrug
"
Lx4 wrote:
Hello There,

Thanks Enki for this awesome guide and build.
I'm starting to enjoy this game, tried several times before but always got stuck at the end game complexity and associated time investment.
But this time I really want to really understand all the mechanics and get deeper into the game.

Well so my character is "ok" but I really need some feedbacks from you guys, can you check my character profile and give me some advices? :
- Have I made some mistakes on gearing?
- Do you see some obvious upgrades?

... and I have to invest some time into POB also for the future :D
Currently mapping around T6 7

Arc DPS ingame tooltip is around 17k

Thank you !
Lx

Add an increased duration gem into gloves (you can easily make 3R1B on those gloves)

Add and minion&totem elemental resistance gems into helmet for much survavibility of them.

I would probably change gloves (with some with attack speed for better movement)

Hazardous reserach too could be have a better replacement in imo.

bye
First I want to thank everyone who took their time to reply to most of the questions here, I didn't have much time recently and you all have been a big help!

Everyone who has issues with Syndicate members or questions about their setup, I have to ask you to please reread the guide carefully and follow everything mentioned in the respective sections! This includes Gems, Gear, Passives and Playstyle.

@MonkeyUntamed
Unfortunately it would reserve 50%+ of our mana when using Essence Worm, even with a Lv4 Enlighten. An option would be simply putting another high level Enfeeble in the open socket from Clarity when using Clear Mind.

@Mum_Chamber
Nothing really that would be that beneficial. You could use Increased AoE for some more Fortify proc range, i'd still recommend to keep leveling the Flame Dash in your secondary weapon slot to use later when you eventually switch to daggers.

@bridgeburner
Yes, we're dualwield now.

@kswong98
It would work for early levels, later you want to switch to some good daggers or sceptres to be able to use a good movement attack skill.

@ispite
Use the Spell Damage recipe, then add Cast Speed (more damage) or Attack Speed (more mobility) with the Crafting Bench.

@szulciq
Not sure if you had that Cold Damage to Spells jewel already at the time of posting, but it should work now. You can test is by going against a big enemy and hitting them, should be easy to see if they get the chilled effect.

@Banana_Lee
Thank you so much, will add this to the Leveling Section!

@Xfrhat
The best option would be Ahn's Heritage with two Fragility jewels, however it's slower than Whirling Blades with same investment and you'll lose about 20% DPS.

@glaxxon
They're immune to elemental damage with Liege of the Primordial, so only physical and chaos will really hurt them.

@Neuron1125
The videos are from last patch, as it says right below them. I'll record new ones today or tomorrow.

@piou89
Beacon of Ruin overrides the regular chill and shock rules, we're able to chill with any amount of Cold Damage.

@Jellybee85
Currently just moving away from the spikes, Inpulsa would completely remove the threat. I'm currently still using a mana flask in Betrayal, a Watcher's Eye with the Wrath Mana Leech mod or Mind of the Council will handle mana sustain later on.

@blg_RealiZe
GG, congrats! I'm still saving for mine, didn't have much time to play yet.

@jujib3z
We scale both, attack speed for faster moving/dodging and cast speed for damage/faster casting animation. Fortunately there are many nodes that give both (Shadow Area, Dark Arts), jewels, gloves and amulets can also get both within one affix. Only weapons have them as seperate rolls, which is still no issue really thanks to the Crafting Bench.

@ad_astra_13
You can use them temporarily if needed.

@Xcalera1
Didn't have issues with stuns yet myself. Try to keep Decoy Totem up as far away as possible from you, especially against Syndicate members.

@xPressure
With how strong the Crafting Bench is, you can easily craft something better without much investment.

@Celerann & @Eruantiel123
That's intended, pathing through the minion nodes wouldn't do anything for us until speccing into Spiritual Aid, which i've kept for later levels. Gonna fix the jewel section, thanks!

@nomorats
On weapons, added damage is always local to the weapon if it doesn't specify "to spells", therefore it wouldn't work for us. Anything that says "to/with attack" also doesn't work for us.

@DoomEdg3
Not worth the ring slot, you want Essence Worm + a good rare ring. An option would be some half decent Enfeeble on Hit corrupted gloves.

@Heyitspars
I usually just cast one, unless it's a boss with a high spawning time (such as Shaper) where I just spam it until he finally shuts up.

@magiuspaulus
Drag their attention away with Decoy Totem, cast Storm Brand on them and then kill.

@Blacknfragger
Basically anything that's in the gear section. Essence Worm is actually an integral part of the build, pretty great find! Aside from chancing Sadist Garbs, i'd recommend to do prophecies to get Mind of the Council from Unbearable Whispers, it will be extremely important for sustain later on. Alternatively you could gamble with Elder farming, a Watcher's Eye with Wrath Mana Leech would be even better but the possible mod pool is pretty big, so it's not likely to get the right one drop.

@princetonwu
It should get better with more attack speed, but I do agree that Whirling Blades is just superior, even better than the Ahn's + Shield Charge setup was. The dagger implicits aren't that bad really, still helps greatly with EO uptime or getting more block when using a Sai.

@prod44
That would be extremely inconsistent and just slow you down.

@toxic678
Pretty much, Whirling Blades is just faster and more responsive, which is good for our survivability.

@Mostlarge
We only use Storm Brand for buff/debuff proccing, so it's not really useful to invest into its damage instead of something that would increase all parts of the build.

@SirNut
The most common concern during last league was getting more single target damage, this new dual wield setup gives us exactly that while even having better mobility when using daggers.

@ghrin13
1h + Ahn's is about 20% less damage than dualwielding with average gear, even more with highend stuff.

@Khavali
Thank you! I agree, Sovyn's guide is really great for anyone who wants to start with a melee character.

@Aoenuker
You could easily get a better amulet for the same price or even cheaper. Ice Bite is bad since we don't scale or really gain anything from Cold Damage and we don't freeze, so we wouldn't even gain Frenzy Charges. Hypothermia is much better as an Elementalist taking Beacon of Ruin.

@TrixyTrix
Your Arc gem is pretty low level compared to your char, try to get it to atleast Lv18 in some lower zones quickly. The weapons can also easily be replaced, i'd recommend to look for daggers with three out of Spell/Lightning Damage, Lightning to Spells, Cast Speed and Attack Speed, and then just add the last with the Crafting Bench. Next i'd replace the belt, reduced Flask Duration really hurts our sustain. A Stygian Vise would work better, just try to alt craft until it has Life + a resistance, then regal and if it hits another resistance or Flask Duration, put the other of those affixes on with Crafting Bench and it'll be good to use. Last upgrade for now should be amulet, ideally you want DPS stats on there.

@Iversithy
May be a little risky in SSF HC Betrayal. People did get to 95 with this build in Delve HC, but I find the Syndicate is a lot more spiky in damage and also can't be easily avoided like the whole Delve mechanic could.

@aGalaxy_
Three out of Spell/Lightning Damage, Lightning to Spells, Cast Speed and Attack Speed, add the missing one with Crafting Bench.
twitch.tv/enki91
Damn You are one busy bee. keep up good work.
Why do you mention attack speed being a good stat for this build? What does it do for a caster?
"
MrMeowMeow wrote:
Why do you mention attack speed being a good stat for this build? What does it do for a caster?

Whirling blades/leap slam Q_Q

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info