Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Change 3 points for Alchemist to Spiritual Aid for a nice damage boost.
You've stopped leveling some gems that need to keep going to like Decoy and Storm Brand.
Upgrade boots to 30% movement speed if you're not going to switch to daggers for Whirling Blades.
Upgrade jewel above starting, only adds 15% dmg.
Farm lower maps for XP and currency. You've got 2 jewel unlocks in 4 levels. And you're missing a skill point quest somewhere, so really only 3 levels.

Why the Added Cold? Doesn't get fluffed by lightning modifiers. If you need cold damage for procs, get an abyss jewel with cold and HP.

found the missing skill thanks
changed the tree from Alchemist
I will get better boots but I am not looking to use maces int he future. I hate Flame as a ms skill.
I consider T6 low enough?
I have hypotermia lvlling .. i will swap the gems and craft another jwl I just ran out of alts.
I just swapped to storm band. and tottem i guess I forgot to level it.

ill do the changes adn see how it goes after i gain a few more lvls. Thanks

"
SirNut wrote:
Am I missing something? When did the shield charge mechanism change so drastically? O.o

Am I blind and just can't see it anymore? I was reading through the changelog but could not see any mention of it or the change to using daggers

Are you talking about in POE or in this build? Shield Charge got something changed this league with its interaction, but I haven't tried it.

If you meant for the build, taken from gear section:
"Daggers grant us access to the better movement skill and should eventually be the final choice."

I only started using this build for league, so I don't know when the change was made. I know he mentioned the change to dual daggers this league because of stat stick nerf, but can't remember why shield dropped. I'm sure shields could be used, but that seems like a damage loss to me over dual wielding now. If you really prefer to use shield charge, go for it and let us know if it is better than dual wield.

"
alecs87 wrote:
I consider T6 low enough?

Low is all relative. If you need more damage and doing T6, you won't need more damage in lower tiers. Then once you get damage up, go back to higher tiers. But that is how I play anyways.. if T6 is working for you, keep at it then.
alot of people are talking about taking Spiritual Aid, what can i lose points in to get there faster as im still 6 points off?
Also im looking to start upgradeing my gear what would be a good start?
anything fun/good with the mod "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you use a skill"?

been messing around with lightning curse and phase run.
First, thank Enki's for this amazing build. I don't wanna play mine or totems so I am really digging this build.

My main question is: what's the gear upgrade order for me? I have a tabula right now, should I upgrade it to a good 6-link rare or I should upgrade my daggers first? I think my current gear can help me do t10 or even t12 without a problem (I might be wrong lol cause I am new), so should I just save currency and buy my next big upgrade? Thanks!

Below are the gears I am currently using:

"
dodgeskitz wrote:
alot of people are talking about taking Spiritual Aid, what can i lose points in to get there faster as im still 6 points off?

Missing 2 skill points in quests.
CWDT and Immortal Call are off. 1 for CWDT and 3 for IC.
No bleed removal on flasks. Upgrade mana to Eternal flask. Change Sulphur to Silver or Quicksilver IMO. You've got the abyss jewel for Onslaught, but it is only 3% so will take some big back to back packs for consistent procs.
Upgrade jewel above starter. Just adds cold to spells.
30% movement speed boots with better resists. Will allow for taking Lightning Walker back for the 4th point needed.
For last 2, can take away from Constitution wheel until level 78.
Net trade: 10% hp and 35% lightning dmg for 94% dmg.

"
doe3879 wrote:
anything fun/good with the mod "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you use a skill"?

I've been loving Brand + Mana leech + Arcane Surge. Sometimes Brand goes in weird places, but now I can just spam Whirling Blade and Arc (Vaal for bosses).

"
tlang wrote:
so should I just save currency and buy my next big upgrade? Thanks!

1 skill point from quests. Take 2 crit back to left of Lord of the Dead.
Limbs are nice ele dmg, but no lightning to spells. Switching to daggers with light dmg, light dmg to spells, and cast speed will be similar damage with Whirling Blades and possibly more crit for Overload proc.
Left ring bad. Low life and resists with no dmg. Getting a high hp and resist ring with some good dex to keep leveling dex gems and eventual dagger swap.
Right ring is decent dmg, but low defense again.
More resists on belt, preferred abyss for jewel.
I would take Silver flask over Sulphur. Atk speed for movement, cast speed for Arc. Probably switch bleed removal to buff flask and get a better HP mod. Only 1k is not great with a HP pool of 4k+ (I'm at 5k).
Jewel upgrades. No HP on any and 2 are just a single dmg mod.
I personally would take the 3 points to get the 16% mana and jewel. Once you get another decent jewel, the 2 point jewel below Pain Attunement.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Dec 10, 2018, 11:10:23 PM
Thanks for the updates on the build! How much further behind is Scepter + Shield than using dual wield dagger or scepter? And if its not too far behind, would there be a place that I could see the old build to follow? Thanks again!
Hello everyone.
First of all, thanks enki's for that beautiful writting guid.
I know that he made a guid about it but since we are early league on, i dont know what is worth to buy or not. So, can you please help me to upgrade my stuff ? Here a link to my character tab https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/xoxook/characters
The character is Zaarg, in betrayal league
Thanks you for help.
As others have stated, thank you Enki for keeping one of the best build guides on these forums alive and well. Thanks are also in order for blackdeath and others for helping out newcomers and giving guidance.

This is the first build I ever made it to maps with back in 1.3, and it's only gotten better since Ascendancy. I'm back again for Betrayal and couldn't be happier with the nostalgia I'm already feeling for self-cast Arc.

As an old crusty PoE veteran (not expert - huge difference!) I would turn any new player to one of two guides on these forums: This one, or Sovyn's Lazy Pally. Hands down setting the standard for writing and positive new player experience. Literally all they have to do is pop it up on another tab - read, follow and enjoy.

Hat's off to you, and long live the Arc Witch!
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Anybody got any gear suggestions? I've never made it past level 30 so I'm kind of lost on late game gearing. I've tried to follow the guide as best I could. I'm on T6 maps now and I'm just randomly getting instagibbed. Also, should I use a normal Arc gem with 20% quality or the Vaal Arc one I'm using?
Last edited by Naezwood on Dec 11, 2018, 3:09:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info