Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

I'm having a problem with surviving while using Mind over Matter. I have 150 mana per second with Clarity and without Rallying Cry and at least 600 mana unreserved as stated in the OP. However, I run into too many situations where the enemies start hitting hard ranged or not and I run out of mana really quickly. Mana potions help but they only work so well and they continue hitting hard so I die anyways. I had to unspec it so I wouldn't die so much.

Is there something I could be doing wrong? Am I just not at the point where I can use it yet?

Another side question: Where should I go with my gear from here? Obviously I plan on getting Call of the Brotherhood when I'm not so poor anymore and to get a decent helmet with life and mana.

Thanks for this thread, it's really helpful.
@MalaikatMaut

"
MalaikatMaut wrote:
I don't know if you're using CotB or not, but I'd recommend getting the Three Dragons helm. I noticed that my freeze rate (and by extension survivability) was way higher using Three Dragons than Call of the Brotherhood. Even with a pretty sick helm in its place, I feel squishier with CotB.

I'm glad you have both Three Dragons and CotB, so you can compare the two. The one advantage TD has is it converts 100% of your lightning damage to cold. More cold damage means more freeze time. The longest freeze time you can achieve is 3 seconds (depending on mob level).

CotB only converts 50% of lightning to cold, so freeze time will be reduced by half.

For us, our chance to freeze depends mostly on our crit chance. If we crit, we freeze. Casting rate helps too, since the more casts, the more chances to crit/freeze.

On mid level mobs I can perma-freeze them. Less so on higher level mobs. What's considered mid and high level depends on your damage relative to their max health.
hey,

I linked IIR to my HoI, as suggested by someone earlier. but it doesnt seem to affect rarity rate. Does IIR follow the same mechanic as innervate as described in an earlier post and has therefore no effect?

When this is the case,I might link mana leech to HoI.

Many thanks for your anwers in advance.
@spartakussis: My guess is the damage from HoI has to land the killing blow, in order to apply the IIR. This probably doesn't happen very often.

I also think the mana leech wouldn't give you the mana. It would go to the HoI, since it's the source of the damage and not you. Kinda like giving mana leech to a totem.

If a more experienced player could confirm, that'd be appreciated.
"
3L wand. Upgrade the wand to +1 Fire Gems (Magic Wand + Ruby Ring + Orb of Alteration) and put Firestorm + Faster Casting + Concentrated Effect in there.

Hey, just started the game by using your build, thanks a lot! I've just started Act 2 and have just a few questions by 3L do you mean 3 gem slots or 3L 'abilities'? And how do I get a legendary carved wand to have +1 FireGems?
"
TwoZeroThree wrote:
I'm having a problem with surviving while using Mind over Matter. I have 150 mana per second with Clarity and without Rallying Cry and at least 600 mana unreserved as stated in the OP. However, I run into too many situations where the enemies start hitting hard ranged or not and I run out of mana really quickly. Mana potions help but they only work so well and they continue hitting hard so I die anyways. I had to unspec it so I wouldn't die so much.

Is there something I could be doing wrong? Am I just not at the point where I can use it yet?

Another side question: Where should I go with my gear from here? Obviously I plan on getting Call of the Brotherhood when I'm not so poor anymore and to get a decent helmet with life and mana.

Thanks for this thread, it's really helpful.

i know your problem...your armour is too low. creep which phys damg can make you lose all mana just with 1 hit. i met the problem before. roll with life, mana, res is the most important,,but armour or evs is important too. especsialy when you counter with devouner. now i have 4k2 hp, 420 unreserved mana, and 1k5 armour, has 20% reduce phys dmg when i use chao golem. and MOM wok good with me. just die by lag or counter with chao damg boss.maybe my exp can help you
"
MyopicJoe wrote:
@MalaikatMaut

"
MalaikatMaut wrote:
I don't know if you're using CotB or not, but I'd recommend getting the Three Dragons helm. I noticed that my freeze rate (and by extension survivability) was way higher using Three Dragons than Call of the Brotherhood. Even with a pretty sick helm in its place, I feel squishier with CotB.

I'm glad you have both Three Dragons and CotB, so you can compare the two. The one advantage TD has is it converts 100% of your lightning damage to cold. More cold damage means more freeze time. The longest freeze time you can achieve is 3 seconds (depending on mob level).

CotB only converts 50% of lightning to cold, so freeze time will be reduced by half.

For us, our chance to freeze depends mostly on our crit chance. If we crit, we freeze. Casting rate helps too, since the more casts, the more chances to crit/freeze.

On mid level mobs I can perma-freeze them. Less so on higher level mobs. What's considered mid and high level depends on your damage relative to their max health.

i have both TD and CoBT ..i tested before....TD give you irgnet and freeze. CoBT give you shock and freeze.so CoBT make you survival more easily. chance of freeze and freeze time i felt they had the same...CoBT cost about 3ex now...so try to save curency i you can get it in about a week.
@TwoZeroThree: What monsters do you have the most trouble with? I assume Act4 monsters and Cannibals.
Try to wait until they started their skills, move away and burst them down. It's all about correct placement and flask management, but that's just something you'll have to learn over time to perfect it.

Your gear looks solid, after CotB i would start saving up for a 6L chest.

@spartakussis: MyopicJoe is right, every support gem and effects gained linked to HoI will count towards the explosion. If the effect affects a monster, such as IIR gem it will count towards the monster, but only if it's killed by the explosion. This doesn't happen often enough to be worth the higher mana reservation to be worth it.

The best, and most reliable way to support HoI/HoT is Curse on Hit - the curses get applied for sure, and the support gem has no mana multiplier, which means no increased reservation.

@iTeehee: 3L means a wand with 3x linked sockets. By putting a wand of magic rarity (blue, can be made with an Orb of Transmutation) together with a ruby ring and Orb of Alteration into the vendor sale window, you will get a wand with +1 Level of Socketed Fire Gems back. You can also preview this in the vendor window, to assure you've done the correct recipe.

twitch.tv/enki91
"
Thared wrote:
i have both TD and CoBT ..i tested before....TD give you irgnet and freeze. CoBT give you shock and freeze.so CoBT make you survival more easily. chance of freeze and freeze time i felt they had the same...CoBT cost about 3ex now...so try to save curency i you can get it in about a week.

OMG, I had a total brain fart. For some reason, I thought Three Dragons converted 100% of your lightning damage to cold. Jeeze. Sorry if I caused any confusion. :/

Thank you very much for the feedback, Thared.
Yeah I think I might have just been playing carelessly. I tried playing with Mind over Matter to try and figure out what I keep dying to and I found that changing the controls of the Mana flask actually helped a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info