Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Hi, I'm a total newbie. I've decided to follow this build as it seems suitable :), and I have some questions:

1. In the Leveling part of the OP it says
"
Take a last trip to town after entering The Cavern of Wrath to claim Clarity, Flame Dash, Arc and Lightning Tendrils

But Clarity is not mentioned in Gems section. So, do I need it or not?

2. Before I figured out I need a build I've assigned a few skill points little differently than it's advised here. The biggest difference is I went for the ES/mana starting cluster (I play a witch). Will I be okay with that or should I respec? Can I leave it as is and leave out some mana/life or ES/life clusters suggested in this build? If I'm to leave it, should I also go for the Deep Wisdom since it's so close?

Thanks for any advice :)

Last edited by Sarene on Mar 15, 2017, 11:05:58 AM
Played the standard arc in breach chanced skyforths so managed to finish that build.

Decided this league to to go the Lowlife Dual Void Battery Assassin build.(expensive but yolo)

My lord is it ramping up in DPS. Currently have dual void battery,5 link shav and 6.5k ES.

@ 8 power charges arc does 45k which isn't OP but still strong and 5 link tendrils does 145k dps

I am yet to get choir of the storm for the %lighting res to crit chance scaling but i think with that and 6 link shavs the dps tooltip could easily go over 250k. Arc can scale alot more with level 21 corruption + empower 4 probably could get to 85k roughly

And the amount of penetration from vink + ele weak + gem shreds everything

Tips for anyone doing this build :GET VINKTARS ASAP (10% pen pref) will save you against reflect/breach/beyond/strongbox

Essence of Hysteria crystal belt i'm finding is really good the +50% chaos res when consuming a flask is always up

Not sure how to link gear, but it's on my profile
hi pete, can you make your gear pupblic under settings?
"
Rapgano wrote:
hi pete, can you make your gear pupblic under settings?

Public now i think any questions message me ingame
@pickysticks: Please make your character tab public (under Privacy Settings) so i can have a look.

@Sarene: Clarity is only for easier mana sustain while leveling, you will drop that later when switching to EB. About the skillpoints, just keep it like this for now. You will get enough respec points through quests to get rid of them later on.

@Petemate: Nice man, the Hysteria belt is a really good idea! I don't remember my actual tooltip when testing this version in Standard, but it was definitely above 250k on Tendrils.
twitch.tv/enki91
i think i will stop on arc witch / occulist, this build is maybe something for more for expierienced players but defintly not for "newbies" . high tier maps (10+) are very hard, impossible with rolls like burning grounds in boss fights, temporal chains, unlucky dodge, i dont want even mention unique maps. also the gear isn't cheap at all to work very good out in my opinion. bosses easy rape you on these maps with aoe, you wont be able to regen ES as much as you need even on Vaal Disciple, thereforee without ES = no Mana = No DMG at all, MoM also has its disadvantage if you get unlucky hit, eaten your ES away, stone golem keeps getting raped to help you reg ES

its still easy to farm group of mobs on low tier maps, few makes you easier farm currency with arc for other stuff, i can't imagine the DMG without dual VB, i dont get the reason to skill power charges without them when you get free power charges from your occulist passives

i'll keep farming on this build now, fun playstyle with arc but nothing for end game, gl to the rest of players!

Yeah it's ramping up now i got choir of the storm. reached 210k dps and scaling up my ES upto 7k almost.
Double topaz rings atm with t2 lightning and Chaos res + belt gives me 48% chaos res which is really nice. Still capped on other resists. Using orb of storms to generate power charges since i dont have skyforths yet
Last edited by Petemate on Mar 18, 2017, 11:40:14 AM
Hi

I started the Pledge version to get a bit of currency as a second character and since I really like the punch of Arc, I thought I would give this build a try.

Well, it is very tanky for sure, feels pretty great against most bosses, but I am having a bit of trouble progressing toward higher maps. Damage is very low with arc, and Tendrils is not that great against groups. So very slow progress and it feels underwhelming.

I hope getting 20% quality on most useful gems will help, also empower lv.2 should be here soon, but I am not sure this build can handle hard content like T.12 - T.15 or Guardians.

Again, I am using Pledge version, got 5L Tendrils and no quality gems. Would last ascendancy points Aspect of Carnage help in clearspeed or does it really need extra chains to shine ?
I am afraid to go in that last Lab at lv.80.

Anyway, thanks for the build, pretty fun leveling with, nice to see some interesting Arc builds around.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
I'm a level 65 Occultist right now, using the Crit Arc build.
Right now, I'm stuck at level 65 because its getting very hard to kill higher level monsters. My mana regen is so low that I have to use Atziri's Foible so I don't lose all my mana.

Tooltip says 4500dps on arc and 7800dps on tendrils. I am using clarity and assassins mark.

Am I doing something wrong? Any tips? My Character is linked in my profile.
Last edited by Sodra9000 on Mar 20, 2017, 3:06:45 PM
"
Sodra9000 wrote:
I'm a level 65 Occultist right now, using the Crit Arc build.
Right now, I'm stuck at level 65 because its getting very hard to kill higher level monsters. My mana regen is so low that I have to use Atziri's Foible so I don't lose all my mana.

Tooltip says 4500dps on arc and 7800dps on tendrils. I am using clarity and assassins mark.

Am I doing something wrong? Any tips? My Character is linked in my profile.

Its been my experience with this build that its hard to get some good damage output on it if this is your league starter. However, it does pretty well at sustaining itself in fights if you don't mind the fights taking longer. But it only works if you've got the right setup for it. Your mana issues are mainly because you're running the curse/aura without having taken Eldritch Battery.

Here's how I think you should proceed:

Drop the jewel socket in the upper witch area. Frankly that jewel is terrible. Unless you have a REALLY good jewel that you want to make use of ASAP, you should hold off on the jewel sockets until late in the build. Spend those 2 points somewhere else - probably finish up the Herbalism cluster, then move onto that last life/ES cluster that you haven't taken yet OR if you think your survivability is okay, you can finish the Heartseeker cluster to bolster your crit damage. After those 3 are done, you want to take Eldritch Battery/Zealots Oath/Mind over Matter pretty much all at the same time; I took them in that order.

Once you have Eldritch Battery taken, you can drop Clarity and instead use Assassins Mark/Grace. Your ES regen will feel awkward until you take Zealots Oath, but its nothing too bad if you take Vile Bastion after Cruel lab. Then you finish off with Mind over Matter to help your survivability. Final levels you'll take the remaining jewel sockets and the lightning damage nodes. That should pretty much cover the passive tree.

Your gem setup needs work too:

- Put Lightning Tendrils into your 4L chest and link it to another Life Leech gem; this helps your survivability in boss fights since you're not really using Arc in that situation.

- Get an Orb of Storms/Power Charge on Critical setup; this is how you generate power charges until you can run Assassins Mark (or before you have the Forbidden Power ascendancy) AND during boss fights when AM doesn't help you at all.

- Get a Vaal Disciple/Increased Duration at the minimum, ESPECIALLY after you've taken EB and MoM; they help your sustain tremendously during boss fights/ large packs that swarm you quickly.

Of course, all that stuff doesn't go very far on bad gear, so focus on getting better equipment as the OP outlines. You should be able to find some cheap upgrades at this point in the league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info