Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

I'm dual wielding Dark Seers on this build. Good choice for my main/off-hand or are there better choices?
The way the damage scales and the best support gems to do so are very different from Arc. If you go to POE Ninja and look at the Crackling Lance builds you will see they are very different from this build.[/quote]

Not really, according to the heat map, it looks like most went with staffs, which I can ignore, and they added +1 to intensity, so they can move and stay at capped intensity, Other than that most points are going to the same spots.

Arc is better at clearing. Period no discussion. It goes around corners and chains to monsters you cannot reach. But I think using it for bossfights to scale my dps would be ok at least.

This build is deff more defense based and less damage based, which is fine.
"
I'm dual wielding Dark Seers on this build. Good choice for my main/off-hand or are there better choices?

Those will work great for now while you are leveling I would think. Once to get to maps and beyond you will want to find a trigger wand and wands/scepters with high mana, spell and lightning damage.
"
Captarcher33 wrote:
"
BuckFutter9 wrote:
The way the damage scales and the best support gems to do so are very different from Arc. If you go to POE Ninja and look at the Crackling Lance builds you will see they are very different from this build.
Not really, according to the heat map, it looks like most went with staffs, which I can ignore, and they added +1 to intensity, so they can move and stay at capped intensity, Other than that most points are going to the same spots.

Arc is better at clearing. Period no discussion. It goes around corners and chains to monsters you cannot reach. But I think using it for bossfights to scale my dps would be ok at least.

This build is deff more defense based and less damage based, which is fine.
Sorry, poor choice of words on my part, what I was trying to say is that you cannot just swap out the Arc and Crackling Lance gems for a boss fight. I do think that with some minor changes to passives and some different support gems it would be viable to put in CL to do some bossing. Perhaps it would be worth it to make the change for Sirus and then to run some elders, shapers, and mavens. I don't know the return on that and if it would be worth the effort but it is probably less work than my solution of making a second witch for bosses. Having a character that is designed for single target is pretty nice - mine is a complete glass cannon and dies often but phasing shaper, elder, and maven in about 5 seconds makes up for it.
"
Dreagation wrote:

* I have an hubris circlet with that enchant, if I come across a harvest that let's it influence it, and it gets elder/crusader, I'll let you know.

It got warlord, meh.
I have a question regarding the weapons for this build. I’m an new player on my second build this league so I don’t have a great understanding of the best methods to achieve the higher end weapons.
I see in the gear section under weapons there are four weapons listed there, just so happens that on my first build I picked up two void sceptres I level 85 and 86 with a shaper base, which if you see the guide is the fourth weapon suggested.
Now I don’t have multi mod but I know how to get it, I have both crafted mods ie the trigger and double damage when focussed, my question is before applying those mods how do I get the sceptre to the state it would have been in prior to multi mod.... He has both 100+ spell damage and 100+ mana. So how do I get those two mods and only those two before crafting mods on it. Bare in mind I have no understanding of if alt regal is good or fossils etc.
Secondly is this an expensive process, I’m down to my last 20 ex for both weapons.

Thanks
"
Okereke7 wrote:
I have a question regarding the weapons for this build. I’m an new player on my second build this league so I don’t have a great understanding of the best methods to achieve the higher end weapons.
I see in the gear section under weapons there are four weapons listed there, just so happens that on my first build I picked up two void sceptres I level 85 and 86 with a shaper base, which if you see the guide is the fourth weapon suggested.
Now I don’t have multi mod but I know how to get it, I have both crafted mods ie the trigger and double damage when focussed, my question is before applying those mods how do I get the sceptre to the state it would have been in prior to multi mod.... He has both 100+ spell damage and 100+ mana. So how do I get those two mods and only those two before crafting mods on it. Bare in mind I have no understanding of if alt regal is good or fossils etc.
Secondly is this an expensive process, I’m down to my last 20 ex for both weapons.

Thanks

You shouldn't worry too much about base types. Only if you use wands, they'll both have to be wands. But sceptres, daggers etc can be wielded together.
More important are the stats on the items. I suggest looking on the trade site for weapons with prefixes you like (Probably high mana and spell damage) and then you can multimod from there.
About how expensive it is... That's hard to say. The wands will be more expensive depending on your standards.
cost me about 20 ex in essences to craft, but I really wanted t1 mana on it.
But you could also just go for decent stats on the market, buy that and multimod them to finish.

If you're interested in crafting, I can definitely recommend https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php and https://www.craftofexile.com/
The issue for me is I’m playing on console thus my options for buying bases from websites etc don’t exist. The trade market on Xbox is awful and obviously there are a lot less items for sale. I’ve looked hard and can’t find anything that matches what i want.
Because I have the two void sceptre shaper bases just lying around in my stash Im going to use them. You seem to be suggesting essences are a good option for crafting? The thing is all I want on the sceptre before I multi mod are spell damage and mana but I’ve never in my limited play time seen a sceptre that I’ve used an essence on that only has two mods on it thus will I have to annul the other mods off? What essences are best used for spell damage and mana?

Thanks
Hmm, if you want to use those 2 for crafting, and just want mana and spell damage on them I'd say go to craftofexile, put in the mods you want and see whether the site advices you to use fossils, essences (of woe), alt spam or chaos spam. Afterwards, yes you will probable have to annul stuff.
If you want to multimod suffixes only, it's possible to craft "prefixes cannot be changed" for 2 ex and then safely use an orb of scouring to remove the suffixes. And then you can multimod.
That was really helpful, going to give all that a try and see what happens lol.

Thanks again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info