[3.14] Enki's Arc Witch - a beginner friendly Lightning Caster

"
samhoara wrote:
Guys, at which point would you advise someoone to drop Crown of the Inward Eye in oder to switch to a rare elmet? My only Ritual character is public, if you wanna take a look. Thanks a lot
Personally I would only drop it if I was able to buy or make a helmet with the elevated Elder mod of Transfiguration of Mind. I know Dreagation has one and I think he made it himself. I intend to make one myself within the next week or so for my similar but different build. If you have Maven Orbs I don't know that there is anything better to spend them on.

I do think it is kind of a late build reach item though where the real benefit might be the extra resist slots allowing for other gear slots to be less reliant on resists so you can get more damage favorable affixes. Crown of the Inward Eye is a very difficult helmet to beat for this build and it is almost always going to be BIS.
Last edited by BuckFutter9 on Mar 4, 2021, 4:31:35 PM
"
BuckFutter9 wrote:
"
samhoara wrote:
Guys, at which point would you advise someoone to drop Crown of the Inward Eye in oder to switch to a rare elmet? My only Ritual character is public, if you wanna take a look. Thanks a lot
Personally I would only drop it if I was able to buy or make a helmet with the elevated Elder mod of Transfiguration of Mind. I know Dreagation has one and I think he made it himself. I intend to make one myself within the next week or so for my similar but different build. If you have Maven Orbs I don't know that there is anything better to spend them on.

I do think it is kind of a late build reach item though where the real benefit might be the extra resist slots allowing for other gear slots to be less reliant on resists so you can get more damage favorable affixes. Crown of the Inward Eye is a very difficult helmet to beat for this build and it is almost always going to be BIS.


^this, but I dare go even a bit further and say it's only worth if you get the transfiguration of mind and the nearby enemies have -% lightning res (This one doesn't have to be elevated, but if you're going all out anyways.:P).
Ok, those replies brought me back to my casual PoE player reality. But it was educating nonetheless, so thank you!
I was fooling myself by thinking I could easily squeeze in some chaos res with a rare helmet but no lmao.
"
Dreagation wrote:
I dare go even a bit further and say it's only worth if you get the transfiguration of mind and the nearby enemies have -% lightning res (This one doesn't have to be elevated, but if you're going all out anyways.:P).
Just to be clear on how this is made, because it is what I plan on making, and I want to know if I have the right approach my plan follows:

1 - get Elder hat with the T1 mod of increased maximum Mana and make sure there is only one other Elder mod on it.

2- Maven Orb it, if you hit Transfiguration of Mind, move on, if not, repeat step 1.

3 - Get another hat with the nearby enemies lose lightning res, has to be the only Crusader mod. Can accomplish through finding alone, Harvest, or maybe Maven orb it up past T1 if I have extra orbs and it has only one other Crusader affix.

4 - Awakener orb the two together

5 - Harvest and benchcraft as possible but make sure not to horse up the two costly affixes. Really wish they were both prefixes or suffixes.
"
BuckFutter9 wrote:
Just to be clear on how this is made, because it is what I plan on making, and I want to know if I have the right approach my plan follows:

1 - get Elder hat with the T1 mod of increased maximum Mana and make sure there is only one other Elder mod on it.

2- Maven Orb it, if you hit Transfiguration of Mind, move on, if not, repeat step 1.

3 - Get another hat with the nearby enemies lose lightning res, has to be the only Crusader mod. Can accomplish through finding alone, Harvest, or maybe Maven orb it up past T1 if I have extra orbs and it has only one other Crusader affix.

4 - Awakener orb the two together

5 - Harvest and benchcraft as possible but make sure not to horse up the two costly affixes. Really wish they were both prefixes or suffixes.


Basically yes.
Some annotations:
-- Most important one: I haven't checked if item level matters with maven's orb. The wiki says it doesn't, but poedb assigns an item level to the elevated mods. I went for the safe way and got high item level items where I thought I needed them-- But like I said, wiki says item lvl doesn't matter (it still needs to be able to roll the t1 mod ofcourse)

See if you can get an elder base or an crusader base that has the arcane cloak enchant. This'll be the base you want to keep when you awakener orb. Much easier to have it as starter than having to run labs for it.*

Consider fossilcrafting to find the mods, it makes the items rare, so it might be easier to find an additional influenced mod on it (but could also be multiple). But alt spamming works just as easily to just find the mod.

Step 4 -- There are a few elder mods you cannot safely remove (minion damage or area damage for example). This means either keep the helmet as is and miss out on life or mana as a prefix, or... Best I've found to remove it is, suffixes can't be changed and then annul and pray. (Yes I've had to craft a second helmet, cause I lost the elevated elder mod this way.) Suffixes probably have the same problem, but those matter less, since you should be res-capped anyways. :P

* I have an hubris circlet with that enchant, if I come across a harvest that let's it influence it, and it gets elder/crusader, I'll let you know.
I'm dual wielding Dark Seers on this build. Good choice for my main/off-hand or are there better choices?
The way the damage scales and the best support gems to do so are very different from Arc. If you go to POE Ninja and look at the Crackling Lance builds you will see they are very different from this build.[/quote]

Not really, according to the heat map, it looks like most went with staffs, which I can ignore, and they added +1 to intensity, so they can move and stay at capped intensity, Other than that most points are going to the same spots.

Arc is better at clearing. Period no discussion. It goes around corners and chains to monsters you cannot reach. But I think using it for bossfights to scale my dps would be ok at least.

This build is deff more defense based and less damage based, which is fine.
"
I'm dual wielding Dark Seers on this build. Good choice for my main/off-hand or are there better choices?


Those will work great for now while you are leveling I would think. Once to get to maps and beyond you will want to find a trigger wand and wands/scepters with high mana, spell and lightning damage.
"
Captarcher33 wrote:
"
BuckFutter9 wrote:
The way the damage scales and the best support gems to do so are very different from Arc. If you go to POE Ninja and look at the Crackling Lance builds you will see they are very different from this build.
Not really, according to the heat map, it looks like most went with staffs, which I can ignore, and they added +1 to intensity, so they can move and stay at capped intensity, Other than that most points are going to the same spots.

Arc is better at clearing. Period no discussion. It goes around corners and chains to monsters you cannot reach. But I think using it for bossfights to scale my dps would be ok at least.

This build is deff more defense based and less damage based, which is fine.
Sorry, poor choice of words on my part, what I was trying to say is that you cannot just swap out the Arc and Crackling Lance gems for a boss fight. I do think that with some minor changes to passives and some different support gems it would be viable to put in CL to do some bossing. Perhaps it would be worth it to make the change for Sirus and then to run some elders, shapers, and mavens. I don't know the return on that and if it would be worth the effort but it is probably less work than my solution of making a second witch for bosses. Having a character that is designed for single target is pretty nice - mine is a complete glass cannon and dies often but phasing shaper, elder, and maven in about 5 seconds makes up for it.
"
Dreagation wrote:

* I have an hubris circlet with that enchant, if I come across a harvest that let's it influence it, and it gets elder/crusader, I'll let you know.


It got warlord, meh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info