Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

hello,
i really like this buid, i followed the guide. here is my pob build ; https://pastebin.com/YxeURiHV
Can you tell me what i need to change/upgrade. i think i need more life too. i know i can change my dagger for selfcrafted but atm i have no currency to do it. thanx
what do you think about my gear? sometimes i feel like i'm very squishy, mostly in delve when i search fossils in the darkness
"
bibanul wrote:
"
Folcwalda wrote:
Awesome, thank you!

I was able to get those two wands for cheap. Any other advice on what else to upgrade would be very much appreciated!

I would change the helm, the gloves, the belt and the amulet for now. Try to get rare ones, not uniques, with the stats you need.

Will do, thank you!
Man, it's been a blast!

I first played POE for a while in 2013, then quit and picked it up again in Jan 2019. Remembering how complex the game was I had no illusions that I could run my own build from the get go and that it would not suck. I needed a build. I turned to reddit for help and thank god people there urged newbies such as myself to try Enki's Arc Witch, describing it as newbie friendly and fun. Which turned out to be 100% true.

Quick checklist after one and a half months of enjoying this build:

End game bosses down (Uber Elder, Uber Atziri, Chayula) -- check

159/159 Atlas completion -- check

Deathless completion of numerous crazy 8 modded 160+% quant maps that most sane people just sell off because running them is pure suicide -- check

Dying like a wimp in 4 modded maps -- check

4832 times visiting this very guide to look up this and clarify that -- check

Metric ton of fun had -- checkcheckcheck

I reached my goals this league and do not intend to play POE until next one is launched, so naturally, I was browsing this forum and other sites in search of a good league starter build that would be fun to continue exploring the world of POE with. And this clearly illuminated three points for me:

1) This guide is god-tier

Seriously, 11/10. The amount of work you put into it, Enki, is staggering. But the outcome is astonishing, jaw-dropping and beautiful. This guide is so rich with information, so precise and easy to follow - one couldnt dream of a better mentor for these Wraeclast shenanigans. The editing is superb. And you keep adding and improving the content, which is a merit of its own. Also being able to get feedback from you even after so much time has passed since you originally posted this guide is priceless.

2) Community of players surrounding this guide is the best

During this time I was checking out different builds, it quickly became evident that if a build is decent, it's forum thread has like 20-30 pages. If a build is really cool and meta, it has like 50-70 pages. If a top POE streamer/youtuber is playing it, it has like 120 pages. That's the ceiling, the top-tier, right? Well, wrong. Then comes your mammoth of a thread which is in its own league with 1000+ pages. This is a great indicator of the popularity of your build, as well as how alive and active of a community your guide has attracted.

I learned so much reading this thread and want to thank all the guys who were asking various questions and all those who were replying, sharing their knowledge with us noobs.

Special shoutout to blg Realize who helped me with dagger crafting and never turned down my inquiries when I needed advice.

3) The best is the enemy of the good

This build is actually super strong, so it's hard to find something comparable that is just as efficient yet just as league-starter friendly at the same time.

Many builds claim to have 'great clear speed' but then you open up their T16 video and see that they go at like 70% of your Enki's Arc character's speed, while they are geared in mirror-tier/BiS equipment and your char is far away from being truly min-maxed and all that is left in your head is one thought "this is not great clear speed. this sucks"

Other builds do have much, much more DPS, but even their authors honestly admit that these builds are in no way, shape or form are league starter friendly and require hard to get uniques and significant amounts of currency to work. So they are off the table too.

Many builds claim to be 'tanky', but when you watch their bossfights video, you see their hp drop down to super low life (not only during Uber fight), whenever they fail to dodge any of boss' abilities and all that is keeping them alive is chugging life recovery pot and vastly superior (compared to mine) mechanical knowledge of boss fights.

So in reality, judging from videos posted by their authors, most of "tanky all content viable fast clear speed" builds have slower clear speed and are no tankier than the 'glassy' (as some say) self-cast Enki's Arc Witch. And they also cant do phys reflect/ele reflect/no leech etc on top of that.

These builds would probably be enjoyable to play had I not already tasted the uberness that is Enki's Arc :) Now that the bar is set so high, they just seem meh and lackluster.

Could you guys recommend any other builds that a) you think are cool and just as enjoyable as this one, b) league starter friendly and c) not traps/mines?

Wrapping it up, I once again want to thank you, Enki. You've done an amazing job(, exile). And also thanks to all the guys in the thread, you're the best :)

Cheers

if somebody is interested in this more budget friendly, butn ot so bad dagger, let me know, will make a good price
If yall haven't tried to spec into phase acro, i suggesting trying it out. I just spec'd into it last night at lvl98 and the mitigation is night and day, at least for me.
Should 5.6k life+es and 2.3k mana be enough to do Guardians and Shaper?
Also Should I switch decoy totem for something in those fights? I'm not sure if lightning spire trap is better for them or not.
"
Soulhassorrow wrote:
If yall haven't tried to spec into phase acro, i suggesting trying it out. I just spec'd into it last night at lvl98 and the mitigation is night and day, at least for me.

Is there any information out there on specing it into this build? I am intrigued. Does anyone else have input on this variant?
"
"
Soulhassorrow wrote:

Is there any information out there on specing it into this build? I am intrigued. Does anyone else have input on this variant?

yeah just look up my tree lol. i kept all my gear the same, just respeced a few nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info