[1.3] CRIT ARC/STORMCALL WITCH - Torment League CHEAP Atziri Farmer - Atziri Kill Video Added!

Hello,

I've had many requests during my last Atziri service stream (thread: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1144142) to post my build/gear/passives.
Atziri kill count is at least 200 now (on Torment), I've lost track.

ATZIRI DEMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xr9Si4maNU

STREAM: www.twitch.tv/jinbinshin

My build is a classic 1h + shield arc witch, using Eldritch Battery and wearing a Cloak of Defiance, and running Arctic Armor for defense.

Arc builds are very common, and have previously shown to be very effective both for new players to get to maps and for experienced players to clear end game maps (77+) very quickly with reasonable gear investment.

Some of the popular arc builds that I like are:
TheWayneTrain - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giZSN6tI1jw
FoxTactic - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/998356 (outdated but still works this patch wit a few passive tree adjustments. If anyone knows of a more updated version of Foxtactic's pledge of arc build that he posted please let me know in the comments)

There are many other excellent arc builds that have been posted, so the main point of this guide will be on how to kill Atziri with a limited budget early in a new league.

------------------------------------------------

PASSIVE TREE

Current level: 87

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEswVCBx4HpQj0DkgQWBEPEZYTnhSwFm8Wvxo4HRQkqiaVJy8snDbpOlhBlkPIRtdJUUmyTC1Ms1AwVUtVxlcpVytboF3yXyph4mSdZp5o8mpDbRlwUnDVcYV0VXYRfA5-M36vghCCHoKbg9uIQonTjDaNGY5kj0aP-pBVlS6aO5uhogCkkadVrJius7FCtvq86r2CwBrAVMBmwcXMt9D11XXVptlf2wvbXt2M34rfsOAS4XPjaukC6_XsGOw47TzwH_DV8h33pvfX-tL-sw==

Copy and paste into browser. Basic stuff, just started witch, grabbed Eldritch Battery early (lvl 30 ish) and moved to templar/shadow to get damage/life/crit/mana regen/cast speed.

I did go into the templar mana regen nodes in this build, but its not neccessary if you can stack more mana regen on gear than I did. Instead you can get the shadow starting ele/cast speed nodes or whatever else you feel would be neccessary.

I could pick up the power charge at the shadow side of the tree, but I felt like the life/chaos res nodes near templar would be better for the Atziri fight, especially because I don't generate any power charges during the last fight against Atziri herself.

BANDITS: OAK - ALIRA - ALIRA

GEAR

My current setup:

Spoiler

Some pieces may not be verified but this is because I'm constantly changing gems for Atziri. As of Dec. 23 2014 this gear is currently what I use.

The main piece is the 5link Cloak of Defiance. All other slots can be filled with 2-5c rares and the build will still work fine. The catalyst is a nice addition for the start of a new league, but is by no means best in slot, and is not neccessary either. I killed atziri with a rare wand like:

around ~10 times before the catalyst dropped for me and I decided to use it instead.

I had this setup without the catalyst 2 days into the league, and got my first Atziri kill on the 3rd day. Pretty affordable and effective.

The belt can be replaced with a lightning variant Doryani's Invitation, so that Life Leech can be replaced with Added Lightning for more damage.

I will go over the flask setup in a later section.

GEMS/LINKS

My current mapping setup is:

CHEST: Arc - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - Lightning Penetration - Life Leech

HELMET: Reduced Mana- Herald of Ice - Clarity - Purity of Lightning (I don't always turn this on, but its good against reflect)

GLOVES: Reduced Mana - Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark

BOOTS: Vaal Storm Call - Added Lightning Damage - Spell Echo - Lightning Penetration

WEAPON: Lightning Warp - Reduced Duration - Faster Casting

SHIELD: Arctic Armor - Enhance - Empower (this is the way it should be, I don't have this setup yet cus I don't have a leveled enhance/empower)

This works nicely for mapping, it will sustain you power charges easily if you have a quality Assassin's Mark, the leech is strong and with appropriate lightning warps to dodge certain situations it should be very safe with nice clear speed.

However for Atziri there need to be some changes:

VAAL FIGHT: Same setup as above, but switch Vaal Storm Call with regular Storm Call and Added Lightning Damage with Concentrated Effect so you can have decent single target DPS to kill them efficiently. You could use arc to zap them down but it will take longer.

TRIO FIGHT: I've used the same setup as the vaal fight, but if you want to be safer you can replace Herald of Thunder with another Arc, and replace Assassin's Mark with Enfeeble. The Reduced Mana gem in the gloves can be replaced with Increased Duration. The Herald of Thunder can be put in the helmet instead, replacing Purity of Lightning.

ATZIRI FIGHT: Here I switch to the arc/curse on hit/enfeeble setup described above. Also, instead of using a 5link Arc and a 4link Storm Call, I change the gems around and replace Arc with Storm Call and Faster Casting with Concentrated Effect between my chest and boots. Basically takes away life leech gem from my arc and puts it on the Storm Call. I find this to be easier when dealing with the split phase, since your main skill during this fight is Storm Call and the strong leech is very useful.

FLASKS

Flask setup is very important for the Atziri Fights.

VAAL FIGHT:

Spoiler

TRIO FIGHT:

Spoiler

ATZIRI FIGHT:

Spoiler

The quicksilver flask is extremely useful for dodging, I recommend using it throughout the entire Atziri run.

STATS

Nothing too impressive, after all this is Torment and not Standard. I could probably get significantly more dps with my standard gear, but I haven't tried it yet.

ARC DPS:

Spoiler

NO CHARGES/ALL AURAS:

FULL CHARGES/ALL AURAS:

STORM CALL DPS

Spoiler

I never have any charges when I use storm call:

DEFENSE

Spoiler

HOW TO ACTUALLY KILL ATZIRI

Best explained with a video, found at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xr9Si4maNU

VAAL FIGHT: Kill both at the same time, don't 1v1 the turbo vaal after killing the other unless you have 60k + storm call dps. Arc should hit both vaals at the same time if you position correctly, take advantage of this and bring them down at the same time.

TRIO FIGHT: Kill the bosses in the order of RANGED-DUAL STRIKER-CYCLONER

STAY OUT OF THE RANGED RAIN OF SPIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use storm call on her a few times to chunk her a little, so that her hp is the lowest out of the 3 bosses. Then run around and use arc until the ranged one dies. The two melee bosses are fairly easy, just use storm call to chunk the dual striker first so that he dies before the cycloner, and keep cleansing the cycloner's bleed.

ATZIRI FIGHT: 1v1 phase is pretty self-explanatory, dodge her skills and bring her down with arc/storm call. Split phase is a bit tricky, use ONLY storm call to kill her here (since arc will hit all 4 clones and you will die to reflect) and dodge her skills while putting down storm calls on the go. At the beginning of the split phase use your curse on hit/arc/enfeeble once to curse all 4 clones. Generally run around until she charges a flameblast so that u can easily walk out of it, then put some storm calls down until she's ready to charge another flameblast (then start running again). With correct lightning warp/quicksilver flask usage you should be able to dodge most things, but its ok to tank a flameblast or two here and there. The build is tanky enough to take a few hits and still be fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading, may the RNG be with you and I hope you have fun hunting Atziri with this build. If you have questions you can PM me or visit my stream and ask me there (if I'm online), or leave a comment in this thread. I will be updating this post with videos and other ideas if I get any as I play more of this character. This is actually my first time playing Arc, I'm mostly a Standard League player and I've never played a self cast arc/storm call before. But I've done plenty of normal/uber Atziri killing so it wasn't too hard to figure out a way to kill her with this setup.
Last edited by YJShin on Jan 17, 2015, 4:13:45 AM
Do you think this build can beat later uber atziri?
With a slightly different setup (rise of the phoenix/purity of fire/purity of lightning), and dropping some damage on the tree for life regen/health, and compensating for the damage loss by running Righteous Fire would make this build tanky enough for Uber Atziri I think. Would need a 6link CoD tho. And an immortal call setup for trio.

It would also take forever but possible I think
Last edited by YJShin on Dec 24, 2014, 1:31:48 PM
If you can pass on the resists in your helm, you could get rime gaze and setup a virtual 5 link for your storm call.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
I could, but the res is kind of important and the hp is pretty neccessary

For Atzri I use a 5link storm call anyways (I don't use arc except for her heal phase) and for mapping I basically only use arc so I think I'd rather have the life/mana that comes from a rare es helmet

Its a nice idea tho, thank you
I'm wondering since Arc already chains 6 times and deals pretty good damage to packs, why would you choose Storm Call as the secondary spell and not something more efficient for single targets like Lightning Tendrils or Ball Lightning ?
My main reason for choosing storm call was that it has a very long range (you can put storm calls down at any location on your screen), and the aoe of the skill is very small with high single target damage. Having a small aoe might seem bad at first but its actually very useful during the Atziri fight since you can focus down 1 clone during the split phase and not hit the mirror one by mistake.

Yes I agree with you that lightning tendrils is probably better single target DPS, but I think storm call would be much easier to use vs Atziri since you can dps her at any location in the arena, unlike tendrils where you have to get close and channel in order to do damage. Generally easier to dodge things using storm call than it is with tendrils/ball lighting.

You could probably use tendrils/ball lightning and still kill her tho, I just never tried it
Interesting build - Having never done Atziri yet I am going to go for it. Thanks for sharing.
TFIGEGKTB
Hi. I have been testing this build, but die to reflect. How do you deal with reflect? I feel I have to take vaal pact.
I can only think of this passive tree as your take on an atziri farming build only, but when it comes to mapping in general AND an atziri build it is clearly unoptimized. Heart of Thunder is a waste of points, so are the witch mana nodes you took at the start of the tree, and the same can be said about the life/mana regen starting nodes. Afaik everyone is trying to avoid those.

Here's my take on a crit Arc / Stormcall / Tendrils build

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwSzBUIHHgelCPQMfQ18DkgQfxGWE54Wvxo4HNwdFCaVJy8o-ilPKgsqOCycLR8y0TWSQYdBlkVHRnFJUUmyTLNQMFVLVcZXlFfJXfJh4mNDZJ1qQ2sXb55wUnDVcYVzs3cHfjN-WX_GghCCHoKbgseDCYPbhX2HE4nTjDaOZI9Gj_qQVZMnlSCVLpykogCio6SRpwipbq6zsUK0DLXytvq3PriTvOrAGsBUwGbB88ae0PXVpti92wvbXt-K37Dhc-q66-7r9ew47SDwH_DV8h3zEfPq96b56P4K

All the relevant nodes from witch/templar/shadow starting areas are taken, so are the crit nodes, most of the cast speed nodes and the absolutely essential Vaal Pact plus Inner force to further boost AA and Heralds.

There are 3 ways to avoid reflect : Block, Vaal Pact, High Lightning Resistance

Here's a breakdown:

-Around 155% increased life
-Enough mana regen from the tree to run lvl 21 AA
-Inner Force
-Vaal Pact
-Relevant Crit nodes taken
-Flexibility to remove crit/cast speed nodes to use them elsewhere and keep the core of the build.

On a side note, these days I absolutely prefer a Legacy Maligaro's + Vaal Pact over VoidBringer's or even Acuity's.
Natrak 94 Witch | Low Life Crit Arc'er - Standard
Jannee 92 Templar | Low Life Wander - Standard
Ntk 74 Ranger | Low Life TS - Standard (idling)
Jaaneee 72 Ranger | LS Tank (idling)
Joramm 73 Templar | Ele cleaver - Hardcore (idling)
Last edited by Ntk on Dec 27, 2014, 11:02:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info