[2.1] Berserking Reverse SWT Searing Bonder || The original Searing Bond Atziri killer

Don't need it honestly. We have more then enough placement speed and cast speed only really benefits the LW totems who do fine as is.

You can totally grab totemic zeal but I wouldn't worry about it till later. Get your mana regen, mana pool, hp pool, and totem damage in order first.
Ive grown fond of CWDT -> Immortal Call -> Phase Run -> Increased Duration
Kept CWDT+IC+PR at low levels.

Have a dual Curse running in a Doedre's Scorn hat, tied with Curse on Hit to a spell (can't make my mind up on the spell). The +1 to curse gems applies to CoH too. Ball Lightning is nice, as is Glacial Cascade.

I'm uncertain what to put in my gloves though. At the moment I have a Chaos Golem + Fortify + Culling Strike + Minion Resistance, but he feels useless next to the laser beams.

In your levelling guide, you have Breath of Flames taken where in the final build you've gone for Heart of Flame instead (northern fire cluster). Which do you prefer? Both?
Last edited by MushaConvoy on Aug 3, 2015, 4:07:23 AM
Could you please update your skill layout? I see the current one is outdated, and I'm not knowledgeable enough to make up my own. I really wanna try this build, I like unique stuff.
Is it really worth running three totems? Shouldn't two be just as good, since beam overlap doesn't do extra damage?

That way you can wear something other than soul mantle?
This build really is cool, and powerful. I started leveling a new char, and am currently at act 3 merciless. I've died 2 times in total:
Once to Cruel Malachai, because I didn't bother to upgrade my flasks and they didn't heal for nothing once I stood in the fire.
The other time was in Merciless after opening a strongbox and getting too many curses and got sloppy in reacting.

It will be interesting to see how difficult it will be in maps, let alone vs. Atziri.

I thought the totem management and cursing took enough micro management (and mouse buttons), so I have ditched the Enduring Cry and extra Endurance Charge from bandits, opting for a skill point instead. I have that on my Ice Crash max block build and it felt boring doing the same here. So far so good without it. ^_^ I'm also contemplating getting the jewel socket to the north of the witch part of the tree, since jewels can be very powerful for many builds, and I got a few very nicely rolled ones.

Here is my current gear:

Regarding CWDT skills, isn't it best to use lightning, since the Pyres will convert any cold damage to fire, meaning it will trigger Elemental Equilibrium and lessen your damage for a while? I'm using CWDT-Ball Lightning-Blind-GMP
Last edited by Bizze79 on Aug 3, 2015, 4:42:37 PM
CwDT doesn't do any direct damage to trigger EE if you have ancestral bond.
"
Crowcide wrote:
Is it really worth running three totems? Shouldn't two be just as good, since beam overlap doesn't do extra damage?

That way you can wear something other than soul mantle?

Using Soul Mantle gives us a free link for Lightning Warp in addition to a third totem; since we don't actually care about the damage it does, the level of the Spell Totem is basically irrelevant, which means that it's essentially a 7-link chest without a serious drawback.

The reason we want a third one is because having that kind of mobility on a totem is very powerful with just one Warper, but having two gives you SO much coverage and distraction that it totally transforms the build. It's not as if we're getting a gimpy little tag-along third Flame/Shockwave totem, we're getting a pure piece of utility that straight-up gives more damage (EE) and automatically targets & kills the mob for us.

In this specific build, Warp totems function more like minions than totems, really. It's strange to think about it that way, but that's the reality, and that's also probably why it takes a minute to fully "get" this build.

I also want to say that I have been very impressed with Frost Wall in my CwDT setup; a L13 Wall + L17 Inc Duration gives a 6.76 second barrier that totally shuts down both ranged mobs (it spawns right on top of them) and fast-hitting melee range mobs (multiple walls can spawn on top of each other, blocking or even TRAPPING monsters). I use a Quartz flask of Warding / Warp to make sure I can move around. Being able to summon this kind of a totem setup from behind a Frost Wall feels pretty good, let me tell you.
Last edited by VirtuousSphinx on Aug 4, 2015, 1:17:41 AM
Hi ! I am very impressed by this build. I though on a jewel who could be extremly powerfull with searing bond. I don't know if it's possible for item quantity to be negative but if not :

And maybe the self flagellation one. What do you think about it ?
I've been following this build & so far it has far outweighed my expectations.
I haven't been able to access any of the passive trees. All links are broken.
Anyone know it the build is going to be continued?
You can follow my tree if you want to. I'm currently level 75 and doing maps.

What's left is picking up more life nodes and those flask nodes north of the witch starting position that lets us stay free of curses longer. I also plan to grab the jewel slot there since jewels can really ramp up the totem damage.

My lvl 75 tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABLMGDgagCfYLYQ3NEMwSaRZvFxwYahzOHNwdFCGwJ-0o-ioTKo0rUCu2NZI22DpYOuE8LUGHQ8hFnUkbTeNPBFNSVcZYB1jlWitboF5dXsBfKmSEZp5o8m6qcXl0VXgvfA58S3yDfOV99YLHg1-DzIPbhTKIWoxGjxqPRpZ0mK2a4JuhogCj8qZXpwinVaeUrJivbK-ntfK3PriTxPbGrtH91HzYvdrd42rr7uxV8B_xbPfX-JP53fno-tL-Cv5U_o8=?accountName=Bizze79&characterName=_Hajil_
Last edited by Bizze79 on Aug 9, 2015, 9:19:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info