[2.1] Berserking Reverse SWT Searing Bonder || The original Searing Bond Atziri killer

@Bizze79
I have not decided quite yet on the CWDT set ups I want. Still pondering.

if you got a 5th Link you could add culling strike + item rarity to LW + Red. Duration + Faster Cast

Frenzy is intentional. I use a wand to use Frenzy and generate charges to give a 12% more damage boost. It makes for some very micro-managing play and that is why I have not put it on the front page really.

@Char1983 Windscream are good if you can balance out the rest of your gear. Vulnerability is not a multiplier so its really not a large damage boost. More of a min/max bit damage wise. CoH would be to unreliable compared to just mass cursing an entire room. Besides what else are you going to do in between?
@char1983 I was thinking more temporal chains then vulnerability, it would slow everyone else down a bit more, giving the lighting totems just a little more survivability, and a bit more speed comparatively, Enfeeble might not be a bad choice either.

@kartikdon, Loving this build so far, don't quite have the guy up to speed yet, but so far so good.
@Kartikdon,

You would opt for Culling Strike and Item Rarity instead of adding more damage to the totems through Added Lightning or similar gems?

I've never really played much with totem characters, so maybe I'm missing something, but unless you are a MF character, wouldn't it be best to max out on damage?
not really because the totems already have -50% damage. On top of that they are fighting against monsters having +35% increased lightning resistance from EE. You will never produce enough damage to shock anything, not even a white mob. We scale only fire damage so that doesn't help the case either. Also adding anything to increase damage raises the mana cost of the totems putting more strain on your mana pool if you decide to go with MoM. Rarity + culling doesn't add any MP cost and I suggest it because there is no reason not to run it if you have the links.

LW totems will never be a source of damage with this build. Their only purpose is to spread SB and proc EE.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Jul 27, 2015, 2:08:31 PM
Ah, I see. Well, this just makes it cheaper to get the build going. I've already got my 4-link chest, but I'm only level 21 so far. Blasting through content with a Lifesprig atm.
I used Flame Totems for leveling, seemed to be more efficient until about the end of Cruel. Killing Malachai on Cruel with warping totems was a lot of fun. Zero deaths at level 51 ;).

Also have my weapon now, which is really helpful. Coloring was a bitch, but I can craft another resist on it which will help overcapping my resistances.

I think I might try Windscream. I don't have to move that fast anyways, it has resists and the third curse makes me more flexible especially in party play situations.

As for auras, it really only makes sense to run Purity of Elements and Clarity, right? Or maybe Vitality?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Coloring was a bitch

I like this handy little calculator (all credit to... not me):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26812683/VCC/calc.html

Throwing in your wand, for 3x Red the results came back:

Vorici's 3R formula worked out best at 285 Chrome
Only slightly cheaper than his 2R formula with only 8.5% chance it'd work at 25 Chrome cost per try.
I did use the 3R Vorici recipe. Still pretty expensive.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
scepter is super easy to color for those more on a budget
@Kartikdon Great guide! I have a quick question for you. Since the changes to Reduced Mana how it doesn't work with auras would it be worth it to use Enlighten in the place of Red Mana? Haven't been playing this game that long but a friend said it might be useful. Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info