why is Taste of Hate so expensive?

"
666lol666 wrote:

Let me solve this riddle for you. ^^
One of my chars has 102% all resists plus 80% chaos resists with his flasks up. In addition a legacy lightning coil plus taste of hate does not only cut 70% of every physical hit in fact it also heals me since my resists are higher than 100%. With all flask nodes taken 2 uses are usually more than enough to blast shit into oblivion. And for trio I only use the flasks for the last one and zerg him down usually within one use. And Atziri is kind enough to give me more than enough add phases. This flask really is strong, don't underestimate the dmg mitigration.

This is not how that mechanic works. You do not get healed by having resists above 100.
"
You do not get healed by having resists above 100.

Well, give it a try and you will see it works this way! ;)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
You do not get healed by having resists above 100.

Well, give it a try and you will see it works this way! ;)

Do I need to repeat myself? You are wrong. You are mistakenly seeing yourself naturally regenerating life or stealing it with leech. Ask any GGG employee. This is not D2; damage absorption is not a mechanic. You cannot take a cold attack at 102% resists and as a direct result heal for 2% of the base hit. The attack will simply do nothing. Please stop spreading misinformation that will lead people to make bad build decisions.
Last edited by codetaku on Jan 31, 2015, 10:24:11 PM
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
Or use perma immortal call. Thats the main point. It cuts phys dmg that pretty much ceased to be a real threat long ago. It cannot be 'surgeoned' so for phys fights (trio) that last longer than 2 uses it provides little or erratic protection.

Will keep thinking. Thats the nice puzzle to solve

Let me solve this riddle for you. ^^
One of my chars has 102% all resists plus 80% chaos resists with his flasks up. In addition a legacy lightning coil plus taste of hate does not only cut 70% of every physical hit in fact it also heals me since my resists are higher than 100%. With all flask nodes taken 2 uses are usually more than enough to blast shit into oblivion. And for trio I only use the flasks for the last one and zerg him down usually within one use. And Atziri is kind enough to give me more than enough add phases. This flask really is strong, don't underestimate the dmg mitigration.

Is this true? Could you post a build that can get over 100 resists? I really wanna try this out!
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
It's easy to get a 100% and above of lets say resist for a small amount of time in order to test things.
Use ruby flask + divination destilate while wearing Rise of the Phoenix while yo have Purity of Fire ( level 20 ) on
That's 10% + 6% + 8% + 4% = 28%
add the 75% ( 76% is possible with the passive skill tree ) and you end up with 103%/104% fire res for a short duration.

Getting all res at 102% at the same time even with flasks up ... i can't really see how is that possible.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 1, 2015, 6:13:31 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Getting all res at 102% at the same time even with flasks up ... i can't really see how is that possible.

Three lv23 Purities under Aura and/or Buff Effect (5 + 40% = 7%) plus Flasks under Flask Effect (10 + 30% = 13%) plus Distillate (6 + 30% = 7%) gets you 102% all.
Still doesn't heal you.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 1, 2015, 8:07:58 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:

I will not share my build because it is a very unique creation and I want it to stay that way. But I can tell you a few things you need. Legacy Saffel's Frame, Alpha's howl, 3 Lvl. 21 Aura gems, +1max resists amulet, all nodes that you can find that makes your auras better and of course 3 elemental flasks (incl. taste of hate) plus Atziri's flask. Now add a legacy lightning coil for more physical dmg mitigration and you are good to go. In fact my built is expensive and consumes many nodes. I'm not even sure if it is worth it because you can do everything this char can do with other builts that are a lot cheaper and do not require any legacy item and require much less nodes. But hey, I wanted to see if it is possible and I'm pleased with the outcome.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
"
666lol666 wrote:
I will not share my build because it is a very unique creation and I want it to stay that way. But I can tell you a few things you need. Legacy Saffel's Frame, Alpha's howl, 3 Lvl. 21 Aura gems, +1max resists amulet, all nodes that you can find that makes your auras better and of course 3 elemental flasks (incl. taste of hate) plus Atziri's flask. Now add a legacy lightning coil for more physical dmg mitigration and you are good to go. In fact my built is expensive and consumes many nodes. I'm not even sure if it is worth it because you can do everything this char can do with other builts that are a lot cheaper and do not require any legacy item and require much less nodes. But hey, I wanted to see if it is possible and I'm pleased with the outcome.

And you still aren't absorbing damage to gain life. Are you really going to argue with Vipermagi on mechanics? I'm still less than a year-old player and make some mechanics mistakes sometimes (just a few days ago I re-learned how Increases over damage conversion work), but contradicting Vipermagi on mechanics is a battle you will lose, every time....
From in-game experience i know you don't heal when you breach the 100% resistance cap, nice try do :).

And your built is nothing special or hidden :p, many players made a max resis-cap build already. It's not like your the only person able to comprehend the maths involved lel.

on-topic : it gives flat physical reduction, that's why it is so good.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
And your built is nothing special or hidden :p, many players made a max resis-cap build already. It's not like your the only person able to comprehend the maths involved lel.

Please Boem, maybe I'm stupid but not that stupid. ;o) I know that there is no secret involved. Still there are different ways to do such a build and I don't want mine to become popular. It's simple as that!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info