why is Taste of Hate so expensive?

I just found this (from the barrel)

and went to poe.trade to check the prices. didnt find much but torment price is 1ex+ (while Doomsower is like 1c..)

and wonder - why?

the damage bit is nice on a phys build (attack or EK), but is very bad on burn-prolif-crit (shatter). but it is nothing stellar compared to Atziri Promise flask

the conversion is.. weird. 30% of something that should not be a problem anyway (variants of IC) turned into something that is dangerous (chill/freeze). the +10% max cold resist is good but is it good enough to remove the risk of being frozen?

[Edit by Support: locked to prevent further necro-posts]
Last edited by Rachel on Dec 22, 2015, 11:17:26 PM
It's basically Lightning Coil + Hatred in a flask, with a very high uptime. And regarding the getting frozen question, you should still have a dispel chill and frozen mod on another flask.

I am currently using granite and jade on a life/armour based 2h cycloner, and would totally drop the jade to use taste of hate for better def and extra damage.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
Last edited by rinleezwins on Dec 22, 2014, 2:18:16 PM
30% of physical damage you take is converted to cold damage. While using that pot you have at least 85 cold res, so you prevent 25.5%+ of the damage entirely. You are also taking less physical damage so your armor is more effective. Plus the free temporary Hatred.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Last edited by SilentOppressor on Dec 22, 2014, 2:17:46 PM
yeah the flask's only major down side is that it is a sapphire flask and therefore requires a bunch of charges to use

its balanced with atziri's flask on account that it has no leech and cold wont ever pierce as much as chaos damage.

still for a level 18 flask that thing is awesome.
anyone knows the order of conversion? is it the 'incoming' damage converted or is it the damage 'taken' (that is already reduced by armor/other mitigation)?

i did some math and considering that most of my 'normal' chars have 2 utility slots (jade and armor) and i mostly rely on dodge/evasion and armor from flask it seems that i cannot replace any of these two with ToH

- if i take the jade out - then i reflect myself to death (Ondars for archers and in general melee reflect). when 'reflecting' i take BOTH phys and ele (so what i gain by reducing phys, i potentially loose due to getting higher reflect - also from the flask itself)

- if i take the granite out - then (again) reflect says hi. granite is in most cases my main source of armor (except for some random pieces there and there). granite of iron skin -> A LOT of armor. without it i have like.. 90? 200? 500 tops. while the conversion cuts phys considerably - it might be lesser gain than what one looses by running with 200 armor.

(yes, it does not apply to acuity/vaal pact uber builds - but i do not play this kind of stuff and double reflect map with random reflect mob - daaaaaaangerous..)

and ofc vs reflect i can select other flask but after unfortunate underwater reflect im cautious

anyway, interesting item but i really wonder why it is so expensive. maybe it is only due to 'freshness'..
As a pure evasion block user with almost zero phys mitigation this flask helps A TON.

Flask seems to have very low drop rate.

More of a luxury flask. I run Jade, Life, Rumi, Atziri and Taste of Hate.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 23, 2014, 12:18:39 AM
Damage mitigation applies as such afaik:

1st) Conversion
2nd) Armor + Endurance charges
3rd) Flat reduction (arctic etc)
4th) Damage taken increase (abyssus) and damage reductions (such as critical hit reduction if it was a crit etc)
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Dec 23, 2014, 4:47:08 AM
Wow nice, that flask is op lol.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
rinleezwins wrote:
It's basically Lightning Coil + Hatred in a flask, with a very high uptime.

And it's stackable with the real coil.
Let's see a Taste of Hate, Lightning Coil, Darkscorn build that takes only 15% physical damage (5% with legacy coil).
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info