why is Taste of Hate so expensive?

Or use perma immortal call. Thats the main point. It cuts phys dmg that pretty much ceased to be a real threat long ago. It cannot be 'surgeoned' so for phys fights (trio) that last longer than 2 uses it provides little or erratic protection.

The dmg bonus on my phys cleaver is 50k -> 79k promise/hate so it is nice but.. i do not need that damage anyway

Or there are people still using iron reflexes and facetanking everything? Maybe for RT phys builds as antireflect (but cwdt ec ic does the same).

Will keep thinking. Thats the nice puzzle to solve
Damage mitigation
Damage buff
Flask looks cool too

Of course it's expensive!
I can see this flask being quite potent, especially for those who decided to start off as a Ranger, Shadow, Duelist, or even potentially a Witch. Looking at the right side of the tree you have a cluster of nodes that help you avoid elemental status ailments that ends with the Crystal Skin notable. Get the first node, the avoid Chill/Frozen node and Crystal Skin, and you're at 50% avoidance for those two already. Now, chuck in an Alpha's Howl helm (not uncommon to be used) and you're at 75% chance to avoid being chilled and gain complete immunity to Frozen. If a life build, then odds are you are picking up the 'Thick Skin' notable and that's another 8% chance to avoid all status ailments, so now you're at 83% chance to avoid being chilled.

Pop this flask and now you are completely immune to being chilled, and don't forget the possibility of using the 'Druidic Rite' cluster as well as the flask cluster near the Witch starting area to increase not only the potency of your flasks, but the duration of their effects, too. This can be quite the boon, and I think that might not be a bad idea especially for a CI build that doesn't want to use Dream Frags for the Frozen immunity. Even if you drop Alpha's you can still pick up the three Chill/Frozen nodes in the status ailment cluster for 50% and then the flask cluster will boost this up to 39% Chill/Frozen avoidance...that's about 89% chance to avoid.

Don't forget that there is also a +1 to max Cold Resist notable called Survivalist in that part of the tree, too. With that and a level 21 PoI in an Alpha's Howl you can get +6 to Max Cold Resist. Chuck in the flask effect increase cluster and that's going to give you +13 Max Cold Resist each time you use the flask...that puts you up to 94% Max Cold Resist. That's not too shabby at all, and that's not even counting any potential aura increasing nodes you might take so you're looking at another 1-2 Max Resists when all is said and done. Also, with increased flask duration nodes and 20% quality boosting the base up to about 4.2 seconds, you're getting about 5.5 seconds of flask up time, and of course that's going to be boosting the time and effect of every other flask you use, too.

Also, don't forget that this flask has a level 18 requirement, which means it could very well see some use in low-level PvP. Can't get that with the Atziri's Promise since that requires level 68 to equip.
is physical DMG really a problem since CWDT and Immo Call? the dmg buff is nice but thats it. The only use i can see is lowlevel PvP (well that could explain the price and maybe my question below xD)

btw i dont want to open another thread but why is Astramentis so fucking expensive right now? its 5-20 Ex on standard O.o the last time i wanted it it was just a few Chaos on standard :c
Last edited by Yogoff on Dec 23, 2014, 10:09:20 AM
some one doesn't know that elemental damage has a 30% damage buff in pvp and peeps use astra for mjolnir builds which are insane damage dealers
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 23, 2014, 10:41:34 AM
i forgot to add in the OP: 'i do not care about PvP in POE'.. my bad. however it is a good lead, havent considered it for pvp

still trying it and still not convinced that it can replace granite on my toolbar (ToH: less phys via conversion, more via lack of base armor - for ev builds it is significant as phys with 200AR HURTS a lot, with 5000AR it is not that big of a deal)

with jade (and my EV/Dodge/Block builds) it is no-go - jade vs double reflect is a life saver (and with Ondars it is pretty much immunity vs bow reflect)

dmg from promise is non-reflectable + leech, also hard to beat

quicksilver is a must

one insta-heal flask (melee without one is.. Big Balls of CI)

0 free slots remaining (for my particular gearing and gameplay).

anyway, giving it a go and i have to say that for a total phys-> ele convertsion builds with ele passives, jewelry and WED the damage bonus is SUBSTANTIAL. nice buff to melee players (however, it is not limited to melee ofc)
anyone know if taste of hate buffs SRS?
"
Zaritasa wrote:
anyone know if taste of hate buffs SRS?

It doesn't.
"
gilrad wrote:
Let's see a Taste of Hate, Lightning Coil, Darkscorn build that takes only 15% physical damage (5% with legacy coil).

Are you suggesting this for a CI build? lol.

But just with Taste and legacy Lightning Coil, if you also have a topaz flask and the witch's flask buff nodes, you get 70% pure physical damage mitigation.... (21% of the original hit still taken as phys, 5% as lightning, 4% as cold, roughly)
"
sidtherat wrote:
Or use perma immortal call. Thats the main point. It cuts phys dmg that pretty much ceased to be a real threat long ago. It cannot be 'surgeoned' so for phys fights (trio) that last longer than 2 uses it provides little or erratic protection.

Will keep thinking. Thats the nice puzzle to solve

Let me solve this riddle for you. ^^
One of my chars has 102% all resists plus 80% chaos resists with his flasks up. In addition a legacy lightning coil plus taste of hate does not only cut 70% of every physical hit in fact it also heals me since my resists are higher than 100%. With all flask nodes taken 2 uses are usually more than enough to blast shit into oblivion. And for trio I only use the flasks for the last one and zerg him down usually within one use. And Atziri is kind enough to give me more than enough add phases. This flask really is strong, don't underestimate the dmg mitigration.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info