[1.3] Kaom's Lightning/Static striker / BUDGET / 500k+ Single Target DPS / 300k+ AoE DPS / Atziri

Spoiler
"
HydraNL wrote:
Hey man. Thanks for the build and guide.

Since I'm a freshman PoE player I started a new Exile in the Torment League. Means, no currency at all! :P

It's hard to get gems, but mostly rare gear :P.

I still have crappy gear, but I asked in the chat if anyone had a spare Lightning Strike. As per usual a lot of assholes started shitting around that I shouldn't use Lightning Strike with the most idiotic reactions. but yeah, we have to life with those guys unfortunately.

However, one guy send me a PM and gave me 2 LS (1 vaal) for nothing. I gave him a fuse as a token of appreciation for his generosity. Then the clearing begon :)

In no-time I leveled from lvl 24 to 32 (at this moment). The clearing speed is awesome. I just found armor (iLevel 30) which I could 4-Socket, Fuse and Chrome. Currently I'm at the Warehouse Sewers and just got a Herald of Thunder from NPC (forgot the name) and added it. Finding better and better gear.

Farming progression is slow, but the clear-speed is enormous. Keep in mind that I hardly have any currency. I found 3 chaos, 3 Fusing, 5 Jewels, 2 Vaals and a couple of the usual drops. The rest came from identifying and selling crappy, rare armor.

I really can recommend this build and yes, it is beginners-friendly. My advice to the new-guy: Don't look at the armor the author is mentioning if you can't afford it, like me. Try it! You won't be disappointed.

This is my current gear. (don't laugh :P) (I just found the axe btw and using it since it's better then the mace I used)

Awesome to hear that man, i personally skipped my way though the first 40 levels since i had a respec ready to use. I have gotten the question a couple of times where people wondered what skill they should use to level with. Sounds like you found the answer, thank you for that! Awesome that you enjoy the build, remember to give a yell whenever you need help at anything at all, im glad to help.

Enjoy the build, and thank you SO much for vouching! :)
- best regards, alphas.

𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝕺𝖍 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝓜𝓞𝓢𝓣𝓗𝓐𝓣𝓔𝓓
EDIT: Deleted post. Static was released as a main-hand skill, but was patched to alternate hands in 1.3.0c. The tooltip should be roughly correct now. My apologies. C:
Last edited by Languidness on Dec 29, 2014, 11:35:36 PM
(Reply to comment above)
Spoiler
Thanks for the reply with that thingy, im done fighting over tooltip/real dps. All in all, i find this build extremely effective no matter if im soloing or in a 6-man party. If my tooltip would show a million dps and did not have clearspeed whatsoever i would not make a build guide out of it. If you want you can do the calculations and post it in a reply, im eitherhow alright with the damage this build does and have had nice replies of other players saying this is a good build for the daily use.

𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝕺𝖍 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝓜𝓞𝓢𝓣𝓗𝓐𝓣𝓔𝓓
No problem man. but I think you should rewrite the guide and not calling it a BUDGET build. Instead focus on people with less to no currency. I'm 100% sure this will be a great addition to the guides and you'll face less assholes ranting around instead of asking the proper way.

Surely willing to help with the guide. I can start with a new Scion in standard. (My friends play standard and there's to many "bad-attitude-players" in Torment for suck a small league compared to normal.)

My IGN: HydraGamingOnPC

The new image for the build says that you have 5K HP with a Lightning Coil and the current passive tree, I'm really impressed. Is it with the stuff that appears on the guide (and do you have capped lightning resis with it ?) or have you upgraded your stuff and in that case, can you edit the guide with your new gear ? :)
"
Vadler wrote:
The new image for the build says that you have 5K HP with a Lightning Coil and the current passive tree, I'm really impressed. Is it with the stuff that appears on the guide (and do you have capped lightning resis with it ?) or have you upgraded your stuff and in that case, can you edit the guide with your new gear ? :)

Thanks man, updated it now. Key item is the topaz ring in this case having almost 80 lightning resistance. :)

𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝕺𝖍 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝓜𝓞𝓢𝓣𝓗𝓐𝓣𝓔𝓓
hm sorry but my englisch is not the best .....

good build i think we must talk about handling

Love it
Last edited by Vylle on Dec 30, 2014, 1:57:35 PM
Here are a few other tips for the starter:

1) Use Static Strike!!! It's OP as ****!
a: Static Strike (use at lvl1 exile if you have the gem) (Red Gem)
b: Weapon Elemental Damage (Attach when lvl12) (Red Gem)
c: Melee Phys. Damage (Starters Level 31) (Red Gem)
d: Increased Crit Damage (Starters level ?) (Blue Gem)

You can buy very cheap (1-5c) or even free items like

Use them to level and farm if you're a poor guy like me :P

Keep in mind that Static Strike is the key-gem here for leveling!
Last edited by HydraNL on Jan 5, 2015, 7:36:04 AM
Spoiler
"
HydraNL wrote:
Here are a few other tips for the starter:

1) Use Static Strike!!! It's OP as ****!
a: Static Strike (use when lvl10) (Red Gem)
b: Weapon Elemental Damage (Attach when lvl12) (Red Gem)
c: Melee Phys. Damage (Starters Level 31) (Red Gem)
d: Increased Crit Damage (Starters level ?) (Blue Gem)

You can buy very cheap (1-5c) or even free items like

Use them to level and farm if you're a poor guy like me :P

Keep in mind that Static Strike is the key-gem here for leveling!

Thanks alot for the leveling tips, mind if i take what you write and put it in the guide? (will give creds).

𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝕺𝖍 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝓜𝓞𝓢𝓣𝓗𝓐𝓣𝓔𝓓
If you had to slightly decrease your damage (as it's insane already) and slightly improve your surviviability (so you don't get 2 shot), what would you change?

If you're using a 5L chest, which gem would you remove? Added fire?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info