(hardcore) ktbanh's Fiery Blood Witch + Video (pvp,tanky,mobile,quill,range,explosive,dots,survival)

Uploaded a map video, will upload more to showcase end-game solo on some maps.
All good has come to an end.

RIP @ 81, almost 82.

Tired, stacked too many arrows on a massive massive reflect mob on a 69 map.

Was not paying attention.

80% max resist, 5.6k life at the time.

: ]

Will take a break for awhile and revise the guide, play again when I'm back into it.

For now, good luck to those and hope you get to the top.
Last edited by ktbanh on Feb 24, 2013, 2:23:14 AM
This seems like a very interesting build, and it's going to be one for me to test.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there anywhere to add the 'added fire damage' gem, or with that being based on physical damage is there no use for it?

2. Just above Blood Magic, there's two 12% Life nodes, these would come in extremely handy around the 35's and I was just wondering why you don't pick them up early game?

Thanks, Promising.
#1 Map Avoider EU. Played since Closed Beta.

:c too bad, but hey congrats you reached 81 with that build, cant wait for future guide update :)
IGN: flaxburn
lvl 67 now enjoying it atm, problem is the skill effect of arrow explosion seems buggy, the arrows disappear on some mobs .. makes it hard to figure out how many stacks is on them ..
this is gonna be my lvl 80 build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37CSwY6-LJxJG6-3h2WcLR8CNsXYJDbYpwjxbNrdj0adruxV0NAabJeFz2XkIlXGKU8Wb-w4gps62Bo4fLunhMWKkFXwH8AaBLOiAFnzFE0CcayqgzhyqSft73x82fcy890ZLvjr1I9BqrndFHHyL-8OBg4OPKcw51IDxmP9OlIUIFRJJa3fv4ZgUEdfPwn2VgT2SGFSjM-fy2CIMglQUCi1WGPvTsbYQKAFLSFgxFhgS3TxJ9V67xjbdO1DnA6tKaUqjZ2A

basically i just added more fire damage, instead of going for the extra 1% HP regen
IGN: NukerDeath
This build looks fun to play but why use it as a witch ? I mean the first thing you do with your skill points is to get out of your starting area and rush the templar/marauder rings. It looks like a waste of point to me (referring to the OP, not the post above).
Last edited by Djoums on Feb 24, 2013, 9:58:53 AM
"
Nukerdeath wrote:
lvl 67 now enjoying it atm, problem is the skill effect of arrow explosion seems buggy, the arrows disappear on some mobs .. makes it hard to figure out how many stacks is on them ..
this is gonna be my lvl 80 build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37CSwY6-LJxJG6-3h2WcLR8CNsXYJDbYpwjxbNrdj0adruxV0NAabJeFz2XkIlXGKU8Wb-w4gps62Bo4fLunhMWKkFXwH8AaBLOiAFnzFE0CcayqgzhyqSft73x82fcy890ZLvjr1I9BqrndFHHyL-8OBg4OPKcw51IDxmP9OlIUIFRJJa3fv4ZgUEdfPwn2VgT2SGFSjM-fy2CIMglQUCi1WGPvTsbYQKAFLSFgxFhgS3TxJ9V67xjbdO1DnA6tKaUqjZ2A

basically i just added more fire damage, instead of going for the extra 1% HP regen

so much fire damage nodes, how do you handle elem reflect mobs here when it comes to maps? I think high HP + those 1% regen will do great help on chaos maps and reflects
IGN: flaxburn
"
crunchz87 wrote:

so much fire damage nodes, how do you handle elem reflect mobs here when it comes to maps? I think high HP + those 1% regen will do great help on chaos maps and reflects

yea made me think about it too.. so i removed some 6% fire and took 4 HP nodes

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37CSwY6-LJxJG6-3h2WcLR8CNsXYJDbYpwjxbNrdj0adruxV0NAabM9lGYXkIlXGJKopTxZvNunsOIKb42o62Bo4fLunhMWKkFXwH8AaBLOiAFnzFE0CcayqgzhyqSft73x82fcy890ZLvjr1I9BqrndFHHyL-8OBg4OPKcw51Jj_TpSFCBUSSWt37-GYFBHXz8J9lYE9khhUozPn8tgiDIJUFAotVhj707G2ECgBS0hYMRYYEt08SfVeu8Y23TtQ5wOrSml
IGN: NukerDeath
I had an lvl 74 Explosive Arrow build before the EA-nerf back in closed beta and I doubt that this skill/build is "really" viable in lategame anymore.
It is really good for starters beacuse you dont need expensive high dps weapons to be rather good but it cannot compete with other builds at all wich do 5 to 10k DPS with very good weapons (or even more then 10k) and dont even have a stupid 1 sec delay, no stack-time and lower mana costs...
Other than your build I concentrated mainly on IAS to get 5 attacks/sec with quillrain to be able to deal a full stack of fuses in 1 sec to the monsters and after that I concentrated on fire dmg. (didnt took so much defense because of Default mode but used an skelleton totem for crowd/boss control)

After the nerf, the explosion is now affected by projectile-modifiers, so only using quill-Rain will result in 50% less damage, lmp will reduce the dmg even more.
Singletarget dmg is ridiculous and there isnt a single (singletarget bow) skill wich works well with a fire-dmg specc and/or quill rain.
Tried elemental arrow but it really sucked because of quill rains 50% less dmg and quill rains HUGE mana cost...
If possible in any way you should get rid of the fire dmg nodes for more Projectile dmg because projectile dmg boosts every kind of dmg if it is dealt by an projectile attack. This means it will boost your phys base dmg as well as your elemental base dmg on bow or gear as well as the explosion's dmg.
Mana costs with quillrain and EA is just insane - after that build I really love EK's "low" mana cost^^ - my 5+ att/sec EA did cost me 300+ Mana/sec. Very hard to get that much mana without EB, Clarity and lots of mana regen passives/gear - I dont think this is possible if you want some good life and life regen...

Now quill-rain is one of the worst weapons for EA imho (or perhaps the worst weapon in general). Best would be a Thicket bow with IAS, +2 bow skills and perhaps even some nice base phys and fire dmg, but every bow with +2 bow skills and higher attackspeed will do it for the start.

It is working... but dont expect something really powerful like an LA or FP or LS or Sweep or Cleave or Wand-build... or in other words.. almost every build is a lot better than EA once you find a really nice weapon/wand...
"
azraelb wrote:
After the nerf, the explosion is now affected by projectile-modifiers, so only using quill-Rain will result in 50% less damage, lmp will reduce the dmg even more.
Singletarget dmg is ridiculous and there isnt a single (singletarget bow) skill wich works well with a fire-dmg specc and/or quill rain.

Projectile Damage ≠ Weapon Damage
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞
Last edited by iamajellydonut on Feb 28, 2013, 12:27:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info