(hardcore) ktbanh's Fiery Blood Witch + Video (pvp,tanky,mobile,quill,range,explosive,dots,survival)

"
ktbanh wrote:
"
casval776 wrote:
Quick question concerning the passives:

1) Static Blows - You're using this purely for the added lightning damage you might roll on rings/ammy/gloves? Or are you linking Added Lightning Damage to something?

Yes, just lighting damage for the static effect until I get lucky with something of a replacement. Either way having wrath doesn't yield any penalty.

I have to do a bit more research on how the stacking occurs and how long they last etc.

But due to the fast attack what you have initially is lighting damage + whatever else element.

You technically just need lighting damage to be delt. Since using quillrain, the attack speed is amazingly fast 3x, a stack effect is likely to occur every 1/5 hits.

So in theory, this will create a damage increase when your arrows explode resulting in 30-120% more damage to the frontal targets. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

At the moment, it is very difficult to tell if the lighting is triggering shock or not.

Huh, that's actually a really good point. I'm assuming you only did this on a witch to have a female toon? I figure you'd have a lot more tanky options on a Marauder or Templar.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
"
casval776 wrote:

Huh, that's actually a really good point. I'm assuming you only did this on a witch to have a female toon? I figure you'd have a lot more tanky options on a Marauder or Templar.

Yes, initially. :p

Maru is the best fit if you are all about max/min.

I wrote a bit of the reason in the FAQ and differences.

Also for gem convenience since you do get EA, clarity, etc, essential starter gems. (I did not want to play barter)
"
ktbanh wrote:
"
casval776 wrote:

Yes, initially. :p

Maru is the best fit if you are all about max/min.

I wrote a bit of the reason in the FAQ and differences.

Also for gem convenience since you do get EA, clarity, etc, essential starter gems. (I did not want to play barter)

Man, that's k.
All my toons are witches too ;-;
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
I am having problems in 3rd act norm...I think it is my gear. Can you give me a run down for what gear i should have for this build at lvl 30?
Is there anything stopping me from using Ethereal Knives with this build? I figure I could attach a Life Leech and ignore the the fire elemental stuff when I transition from Poison Arrow.
@ktbanh

how well do you solo maps with this build? Im currently using ice spear totem and soloing map is a bit easy cause you can kite around with it but the damage is a little bit low compared to what you did on docks video
IGN: flaxburn
"
ktbanh wrote:
"
casval776 wrote:
Quick question concerning the passives:

1) Static Blows - You're using this purely for the added lightning damage you might roll on rings/ammy/gloves? Or are you linking Added Lightning Damage to something?

Yes, just lighting damage for the static effect until I get lucky with something of a replacement. Either way having wrath doesn't yield any penalty.

I have to do a bit more research on how the stacking occurs and how long they last etc.

But due to the fast attack what you have initially is lighting damage + whatever else element.

You technically just need lighting damage to be delt. Since using quillrain, the attack speed is amazingly fast 3x, a stack effect is likely to occur every 1/5 hits.

So in theory, this will create a damage increase when your arrows explode resulting in 30-120% more damage to the frontal targets. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

At the moment, it is very difficult to tell if the lighting is triggering shock or not.

I could be wrong, but I believe shock ONLY occurs if you deal a critical strike with lightning damage (either with weapon or spell). But since your build requires Resolute Technique, you will never be able to shock any enemies since you can't land any criticals.
"
Lightdemon wrote:
I could be wrong, but I believe shock ONLY occurs if you deal a critical strike with lightning damage (either with weapon or spell). But since your build requires Resolute Technique, you will never be able to shock any enemies since you can't land any criticals.

The Static Blows passive adds a chance for lighting damage to cause shock, it's a 10%. the Chance to Shock passive adds another 10% and the Shock passive adds 5%. Conductivity curse also adds another 10% chance to shock.

So critical hits are not required for the shock status ailment.
Last edited by ibugsy on Feb 22, 2013, 12:48:56 PM
"
ibugsy wrote:
"
Lightdemon wrote:

The Static Blows passive adds a chance for lighting damage to cause shock, it's a 10%. the Chance to Shock passive adds another 10% and the Shock passive adds 5%. Conductivity curse also adds another 10% chance to shock.

So critical hits are not required for the shock status ailment.

Thanks! Learning everyday :)
"
Darksunne wrote:
Is there anything stopping me from using Ethereal Knives with this build? I figure I could attach a Life Leech and ignore the the fire elemental stuff when I transition from Poison Arrow.

There is nothing stopping you from using etheral knives, I originally wanted to try that but I saw a restriction in gear hence i dropped it.

It would follow a similar build, plus you have spell damage increase and attack speed near the witch's tree.

More attack speed can be supplemented with items along with spell power.

(Hence why i said this build was flexible) :]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info