I think it is time, to finally consider stability

wtf is wrong with the edit button?

Client Performance (Updated June 16)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 19, 2014, 8:09:55 AM
I am not playing PoE becuse of that particle system. Any computer of max 6 year old would run it fine.

I don't understand how they did not take this in consideration when they developed the engine. It is just a lack of testing on their side, otherwise I don't understand why unless they explain it.

Honestly, GGG should start accelerating because there are other games coming on the horizon using unreal engine that are going to be very strong .... when PoE becomes not the only option, many people will stop playing because of the extreme fustration.

"
chromafunk wrote:

Honestly, GGG should start accelerating because there are other games coming on the horizon using unreal engine that are going to be very strong .... when PoE becomes not the only option, many people will stop playing because of the extreme frustration.

funny thing is, PoE is the only option for me right now.
I'm not too impressed by eye-candy Unreal Engine visuals, because I'm old enough to know many such "all bets on graphics" games, which ended up being complete crap.

of the two "threats to PoE" I'm playing right now, only one is in the same genre: Torchlight 2. it actually used to be better at some point, but Runic are no longer maintaining it to my knowledge, and all recent (year or so) content is player-made. mods that range in quality from the masterpiece "Synergies" to dull cheats which give you infinite potions.

the other, is Legend Of Grimrock 2 which is just absolutely incredible - but it's not an ARPG.

both of the above don't bet all their money on graphics.
they look nice (especially LoG2), but they aren't about looking nice as much as they are about delivering a full package to the player.

PoE delivers too, IMHO. which is why GGG can allow themselves not to rush.
they know players like me will stick around despite the frustration.

it's the curse of addiction. I can't "threaten" them as much as you can.
therefore I'm not threatening. I'm requesting this because it's a long time coming. really is. and it would make the game better. and it would make more people buy MTX, when they can actually use their MTX and enter town without making someone/themselves crash.
there really are no downsides to having at least one major patch be dedicated to fixes and improvements that aren't "shiny new content".
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
PoE has also that claustrophobic feeling because the camera is too close. And there is one game upcoming that can beat the ass of both D3 and Poe with Unreal Engine. Do some research John ...
off topic. @chromafunk
I did. you're talking about Lost Ark.
stunning trailers and epic over-the-top skills, for what I suspect will end up being just another crappy Korean P2W grinder MMO.

I hope I'm wrong. really do. because I've seen it happen far too many times in my 30+ years of gaming.
and I'll be glad to buy and enjoy it, if I'm wrong.

but yeah currently I'm a completely addicted PoE fanatic, from the kind GGG can quite literally piss on, and despite all my ramblings on the forums I'll keep on playing.
you, are not. you can get up and say "screw this I'm going to quit this for Lost Ark".
I can't. that's probably why no one in NZ gives a flying fuck about my feedback...
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Dec 19, 2014, 10:33:52 AM
Two things:

1)You've better upgrade your machine. The game requeriments have gone up with time, but you don't need an expensive (relatively talking) rig to play this at an acceptable level. I know this problems personally, so I understand, but you've better adapt.

2)When GGG offered jobs in the news last time, Chris said many people offered themselves to work in the graphic part of the game, knowing it was a weak point and there is no graphic engineer. Knowing New Zealand, expect it to take time before you see improvements.

Take care John, :)
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Somewhere I read they hired an experienced graphics professional to optimize the engine and he improved performance by about 40% in 3 months. But then he left. Turns out they are facing a problem with their company being based in NZ where the supply of computer graphics professionals is somewhat lacking. They have to go through a bunch of complex government regulations to hire outside the country, and the last time they went through it they only managed to retain the person for a few months before he found something else.

It's not just a matter of wanting to fix it, it's also a matter of being able to fix it, and I got the impression GGG can't. I'd say you're better off upgrading your computer.
Fully agree they need to spend a bit of time cleaning things up.

For me, Imperial Gardens zones just leads to crash after crash on loading. Sometimes into it, but often trying to go from it to the Library or Scepter of God. This used to happen sometimes prior to 1.3 (and that's with the gc setting and other stuff to help address the 32-bit issue), but now... it's pretty much guaranteed. Computer runs the game fine otherwise, no real complaints about framerate or anything, but those last few zones in act 3... Well, I can start the game up, go from the hub to IG and try to enter Scepter or the Library... and be back to my desktop.

If this were one of my projects, I'd be embarrassed about that state of affairs.
Last edited by Mudpony on Dec 19, 2014, 9:21:54 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
He still hasn't upgraded his potato lol

but the world should change to accommodate him.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I agree with this whole-heartedly. I would rather have better game stability and less desyncing then having new content hands down. I feel like the game stability has been gradually getting worse :/
Last edited by mls26cwru on Dec 20, 2014, 12:05:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info