[2.0]"Maelstrom"- Crit Sceptre Ice Crash

Yeah, its a pretty big nerf.

That being said, I'm going to be remaking this build from the ground up in 2.0. I suspect a lot of things might have to change, so sit tight for a few days, till I can sort everything out.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Ok, first I thought that this had gotten nerfed. Then I played around with the skill tree a little bit. The result? 5k life, 260k cyclone/353k ice crash.

Holy. Shit.

Of course, I'm going to get a shit ton more life nodes now. Hoping for 6k life.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Will update as soon as everything gets final. I'm going to be posting different variants for cyclone/ice crash/wild strike/frost blades. Why frost blades? Because gmp + chain = full screen decimation.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Jul 13, 2015, 5:42:07 PM
Wow. That immensely powerful! I can't wait to see wild strike and frost blades.

In 2.0 the leech changes states that the leech properties of weapons are local to the weapon itself, so with skills that alternate hands, you are getting just half the leech.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Well, even 0.2% leech feels enough. Note that I am using phys to lightning so that 0.2 leech is from all my dps. Right now my leech is mainly capped by the hp of the mobs, and thus how much damage they take.

Right now there are 4 things I have problems with:

1. Reflect (thornflesh) pack. Instant oneshot. Almost oneshot on reflect rare. Might need to get rid of phys to light.

2. Uber Atziri

3. Palace dom- 120 to 150 ping with 10 fps makes this fight stupidly hard for me.

4. Malachai- Same reason as above.

The coolest thing though, is that if I get off enough crits in a row with my abysmally low crit chance, I can permafreeze lvl 78 Palace Dom, both parts and also Malachai. And for lower hp bosses, if I crit, they die instantly.

Finally, the Catalyst leech mod is global(also applicable to spells), so if I use two of them(in case of cyclone) then my ele leech is 0.4 percent. With Acuity I would be immortal.

This is a buff
Catalyst nerf won't hurt that much, we are still sitting at 45~50%+ crit chance depends on gear. Looking forward for your updates! Great build
Updated finally!

What's remaining:
-My latest stats
-Leveling trees
-Notes on build choices
-Anything else you guys feel I need to include :P

This is a buff
Hi Ether. Really great to see your build ready for 2.0!

I noticed that you have HoT linked twice, one in the helm, one in the boots.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Yeah, the one in the helm is there for leveling.

This is a buff
It seems your Current Skill tree link is broken, and how big is the difference in Life between the normal and extra DPS tree?
hello,
iam planning to set up a ice crash build aswell, but not going DW.
Can you tell me what is your Critchance on the mace slot? (onhand)
i wanna use a high dps high crit mace/scepter with a shield:
Spoiler

Doe.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info