[2.0]"Maelstrom"- Crit Sceptre Ice Crash

Well, getting vaal pact is a perfectly fine option, though then I recommend getting life leech as a 6th link. If you only have a 5l then don't use phys to lightning and instead craft some phys leech on gloves and get rings/neck with leech on them.

The other guy uses a double curse amulet so he can use warlord's mark, yet another option. However, the amulet is a major dps slot.

I don't really oneshot myself to reflect. This is because I'm not attacking the entire pack. I just kill a monster or two at the edge, herald of ash takes care of the rest. For ele reflect using a topaz flask is enough.

Also, with the insane amount of damage output I have, the existing amount of life leech is enough. We use our flasks for any serious damage.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Started using this build/guide a few days ago and I have to say, it is one of the most fun builds I have ever played in this game. Gearing can be a bit tricky and you definitely want to plan ahead for the int. you're going to need at max gem levels but, it is worth every amount of currency and effort. Hands down a great build and a blast to play, thanks very much for an excellent guide.
i want to try this build but i ve concerns about survivability. There are too many one shot mechanics in this game and with 2.0.0 they buff monster damage, life and also bosses. What do you think about this situation? Damage seems so good for a cheap build but i dont wanna die frequently.

Thanks for creating that build.
ing:Jamirryo
Well, you're not the only one with these concerns. In fact, I ended up changing my current skill tree, so now I have about 6k life and 125k dps. The loss in dps is unnoticeable, but the gain in survivability is huge. Take a look at it:

I didn't update the main page due to lack of interest in the build.

As for 2.0, we do get fortify. We will also use blood rage to get frenzy charges, so we can drop dps points for even more life nodes. That being said, I will be building from the ground up in 2.0 and it's likely that this build might change quite a bit.

This is a buff
One of my guildies has adviced this build so i took a look. In terms of defence its similar my ranger bow build (i didnt make it myself only using it). I ve only %40 dodge and %30 spell dodge for def just like your build and has 5k life with capped res. She hits things from far away and mostly one shot with crt hits. But when mobs do damage, it really hurts. Thats where my concerns come. Anyway i ll wait 2.0 then and see what happens with that build. Good luck with organizing new build on 2.0
ing:Jamirryo
Hi Ether,

New maces!

Callinellus

278pdps max roll
No crit values so it seems useless to this build.

Death's Hand

220pdps, 9% crit max roll

Lower damage output than Catalyst, and there's no ele damage boost but the crit value looks powerful.

I bet you can scale the crit to 95% with this weapon. So even though the damage output is weaker, you can easily use status ailments to your advantage, and the free power charge on stun means you can drop Assassin's Mark and use more useful curses like ele weakness, flammabiliuty, frostbite, etc.

whats your thoughts on the new maces?
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Jun 15, 2015, 8:17:23 PM
I really, really like the death's hand. This makes the build viable as a first character or in a new league. I'm thinking to combine it with a crit multi+ acc platinum kris for total ice crash OPness.

Also, the dps won't be that much lower than doryani's. I'm sure that it will be easy to hit over 100k cyclone with death's hand as well. The much higher potential crit means that the crit multi from abyssus and other gear is far, far more effective.

Also, what is your opinion on the new leech nodes in duelist area?

Edit: Not liking the leech changes. This build is already short of points in 2.0, and having to spec into leech passives is very very annoying.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Jun 16, 2015, 3:20:51 PM
"
Etherfire wrote:
Also, what is your opinion on the new leech nodes in duelist area?

Edit: Not liking the leech changes. This build is already short of points in 2.0, and having to spec into leech passives is very very annoying.

I have been thinking a lot about them. I have to test how the leaching works first. Also, how slow leeching actually is.

It looks like one single cluster is all you need, Hematophagy at the bottom.

My problem is that it caters for fast attacking AoE skills since the leeching stacks per enemies hit, so single target skills like dual strike without splash probably means very little leech.

One thing that seems essential is Vaal Pact. The 100% efficiency and the new position makes it worthwhile for any duelist/ranger/shadow that crits. This one single keystone removes any need to stack leech rate. Also, since Blood Rage has changed to phys degen, its tolerable with zero life regen.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
Etherfire wrote:
Well, you're not the only one with these concerns. In fact, I ended up changing my current skill tree, so now I have about 6k life and 125k dps. The loss in dps is unnoticeable, but the gain in survivability is huge. Take a look at it:

I didn't update the main page due to lack of interest in the build.

As for 2.0, we do get fortify. We will also use blood rage to get frenzy charges, so we can drop dps points for even more life nodes. That being said, I will be building from the ground up in 2.0 and it's likely that this build might change quite a bit.

Just wanted to let you know, still rocking this build and took your advice regarding passive changes for more survivability. DPS loss isn't even noticed. I look forward to what you have to say about this build once 2.0 is live, it has been one of my all time favorites.
Doryani's base crit chance had been reduced to 6%?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info