FACEBREAKER 2.0 **Counter Skills are Broken** (Patch 1.3)

As soon as I got my hands on the new gems after the patch, I had pretty much the same idea.
I spec'd for block and spell block to offset the Abyssus somewhat and am running 75 maps with relative ease.
"
Owwlll wrote:
New update Vengeance will no longer work with unarmed :(

its working for me just fine unarmed - 1/26/15

I tested each gem by them self making a new map in between just to be sure there was not funny business with the swap.

Ohh and the phys life leech on a ring or amulet is a God sent

Last edited by Andromeda_2005 on Jan 26, 2015, 2:47:51 PM
Patch 1.3.1
"
The Vengeance skill will no longer work with unarmed characters.

Build just got nerfed :(
"
"
Owwlll wrote:

That's because it hasn't been patched in yet. It's an upcoming change for 1.3.1.

You can find more info on the Patch 1.3.1 Update announcement.
"
MrTastix wrote:
"
"
Owwlll wrote:

That's because it hasn't been patched in yet. It's an upcoming change for 1.3.1.

You can find more info on the Patch 1.3.1 Update announcement.

Ty for the link
I just came back from more than a year of not playing and am unsure if I should continue the facebreaker char I was working on back then. Is FB still viable in highest level maps/content after the latest nerf?
Your without BM passive tree is only at 100 point u will show the rest what you choosed?
"
lucifarius wrote:
I just came back from more than a year of not playing and am unsure if I should continue the facebreaker char I was working on back then. Is FB still viable in highest level maps/content after the latest nerf?

Totally still viable, the latest nerf doesn't change much since Vengeance wasn't the bulk of the damage from trigger gems.

Normal Facebreaker builds using Infernal Blow, Molten Strike, Cyclone and the like are still just as viable, this just pumps out a bit more damage by relying less on the active skills and more on passive triggers. The block ones are absolutely fine (and better because of their lower cooldowns), I'll just replace Vengeance with a support gem.
Wow. Extremely sad about the vengeance nerf. I just leveled a character to 67 using this build and it was just getting good...

I guess I'm going back to a vanilla Facebreaker build :(

I'm interested to see the discussion about this build, or what remains of it.

EDIT: Per MrTastix's above post, I'm going to stick with it and see how it goes minus Vengeance. I just got home, so I just now installed the patch and haven't played yet. We'll see what happens!
Last edited by natefactor07 on Feb 2, 2015, 7:47:50 PM
Holy shit my build guide is still alive lol, haven't played since a week after making it. I'll try to make some time and update it, stay tuned.
ign Duelin_n_shit // AccidentlyTheWholeThing // Shweepin
Phys Static Strike build www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1124778
New Facebreaker 2.0 counterbuild www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1132421
Started From The Bottom remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GndHO2lvF3k

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info