FACEBREAKER 2.0 **Counter Skills are Broken** (Patch 1.3)

First off I want to say that GGG may have overtuned shields and the new counter attack skills which in turn has made this build not just strong but has turned the game into a joke.

Gems: All 3 of these stack and proc using their own CDs making them extremely overpowered in all meanings of the word. Using facebreaker gloves means you can get far more damage using a shield than you would using a 1h+shield therefore allowing you to deal over the top amounts of damage using all 3 counter attack skills.

Vengeance: 30% Chance when you get hit it does an AoE around you like ice nova that has a very high base damage but a long cooldown (1.20).
Spoiler

Reckoning: Every time you block a big AoE similar to the size of glacial cascade is launched towards the target that you blocked the attack from. It has the lowest base damage of the 3 but it has the biggest AoE and lowest cooldown (0.40).
Spoiler

Riposte: Every time you block you strike the enemy that you blocked with a very high base damage single target attack on a medium length cooldown (0.80). (I'm unsure if this hits ranged targets also, will have to test)
Spoiler

Filler Skill
Infernal Blow + Melee Splash // Cyclone + Life Gain on Hit
You can use literally anything including Basic Attack or you can just walk through entire maps without casting/using a spell or attack.
The build!

Oak>Oak>Anything but Alira

50 Points After you get Resolute Technique rush to Master of Arena in the duelist tree

70 Points

85 Points

100 Points

120 Points (lol)

Going without Blood Magic
100 Point build without BM

Discussion about BM
Spoiler

Gear + Links /// Stats

Spoiler

ign Duelin_n_shit // AccidentlyTheWholeThing // Shweepin
Phys Static Strike build www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1124778
New Facebreaker 2.0 counterbuild www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1132421
Started From The Bottom remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GndHO2lvF3k
Last edited by Blindfold on Dec 23, 2014, 10:50:32 PM
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2016, 11:43:19 AM
Holy geez this looks amazing. God bless Facebreaker! How do these skills work in high level maps, have you tested out yet? And a second question why did you take blood magic? I would think with those counter skills mana wouldn't be of any issue.
IGN: Gruthuk
Last edited by Rockdogz on Dec 16, 2014, 8:46:20 PM
You are not dual welding but riposte works? what's the mecanics behind that? ^^'

Anyway sound fun maybe gona test have some maraudeur with free reset =)
With more blocks counter will activate more often cant wait for someone to come up with original idea about facebreaker :D
"
Rockdogz wrote:
Holy geez this looks amazing. God bless Facebreaker! How do these skills work in high level maps, have you tested out yet? And a second question why did you take blood magic? I would think with those counter skills mana wouldn't be of any issue.

High level maps are a breeze, after something gets killed by one of the skills HoA burns nearby things then they get hit by a count skill and it keeps repeating like that lol.

Blood magic - I take this every time i make a new build so it's easier to try out skills etc, also running cyclone for this build atm in a 4 link so a BM gem would run me into a 3L

Going without BM on the build with the right amount of mana leech/mana gen will net you more surviveability for sure
Last edited by Blindfold on Dec 17, 2014, 3:34:06 PM
Loving this build so far at level 30.....however I was wondering what path of progression you took on the tree as far as leveling goes.......I had to take the plus 30 dex node on the way to RT in order to use some of the gems early. so should I head into Templar or duelist area first? Thanks! (BTW, nice gear!)
This is both silly and hilarious. I'm still trying to figure out why GGG created two gems that allow you to counter-attack when you block with a shield. I thought Riposte would only be for dual-wield blocks.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I'm just trying level this character up as fast as possible cuz I know this is gonna get nerfed to the ground soon.
"
Gibbonsj01 wrote:
Loving this build so far at level 30.....however I was wondering what path of progression you took on the tree as far as leveling goes.......I had to take the plus 30 dex node on the way to RT in order to use some of the gems early. so should I head into Templar or duelist area first? Thanks! (BTW, nice gear!)

I'll add more to the guide, I just threw this together in a hurry and it's missing some key information.
Last edited by Blindfold on Dec 18, 2014, 2:16:10 PM
Lvled a char last night, currently lv 61 and this build is insanely fun. Not sure how well it'll translate to 75+ maps though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info