FACEBREAKER 2.0 **Counter Skills are Broken** (Patch 1.3)

That's silly DPs, I might need to invest in some regret orbs and give this a try :)

Thanks for posting a great build!
Firstly, I wanna thank Blindfold for this great and fun build; my first time trying Facebreaker style build and than tweaking it work for me.

Currently running this build on Torment. From the start I never used any blood magic. I can easily run 72-73 rare maps with ease and just have to worry about popping the correct flasks in the right situation.

I'd say I've spent about 1-1.5 exalted to gather/socket/link it all together; though I did manage to trade for many items at ridiculously low prices for what its actually worth; I was also lucky enough to find my own Abyssus:

I believe the strongest method is to place counter skills into 5-6L asap over your main attack skill like Infernal blow or Cyclone and then combo this with a Hearld of Ash + Reduced Mana + Elemental Proliferation + Increased Burning Damage; regular mobs will drop like flies and nearby mobs will burn to death with ease before even letting your next counter go off.

Also; Blood Rage is amazing on this build. Though not directly mentioned in original post apart from on his gear/gems; it can vastly improve your clear speed/survivability. The passives points you gain for life regen is more than enough for you to sustain Blood Rage. Unless your burning/desecrated/bleeding/etc will you start to take damage but overall; these are effects your position/flasks should take care of asap. The added frenzy charges greatly improves dps and not to mention the life leech really helps you sustain big hits quickly.

A few things of note:
-I did not pick up Iron Reflexes but I think that's more preference than anything.
-I placed no focus into mana regen; all my auras combined leave me with about 24/414 Mana.

To fix mana issues and avoid blood magic I stuck a mana leech to infernal blow but this can be avoided if you just got an amulet/ring with mana leech. For those curious as to my dps with Infernal Blow by placing mana leech instead of say multistrike or added fire; this is my infernal blow dps:

As with any Facebreaker builds; adding Physical Damage is key no matter how negligible it looks. Make sure your Amulet/Rings have a very high roll of Add Physical Damage; the difference in DPS can literally be thousands for just a point more.

My only big issue now is that its very hard to improve dps any further without spending a tonne more currency on overly expensive gear.
anyone else having trouble with physical dmg using abyssus? also reflects hurts
U guys need mana leech on jew. Then no bm is needed.
My infernal blow 17 lvl dps 43900 with hatred and HoA.
Holy sweet jesus Im respeccing.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
Last edited by rinleezwins on Dec 25, 2014, 5:10:00 AM
Hey, great build!

I want to play in Hardcore league, do you have some alternatives to Abyssus? Or even this is a viable option?

Cheers!
Last edited by 728587 on Dec 25, 2014, 9:16:36 AM
"
728587 wrote:
Hey, great build!

I want to play in Hardcore league, do you have some alternatives to Abyssus? Or even this is a viable option?

Cheers!

You are welcome to try a melee build in HC but I think that, eventually, you'll RIP to desync unless the mechanics of your defense allow you to face tank physical and spell damage... like a high block, 75% spell block, aegis aurora build.... or something.

That all being said, I am running a slightly different duelist facebreaker build and I have run reflect/no-regen rare maps with no deaths in standard... I haven't even come close to dying in "non-hazardous" maps upto about lvl 74. I have zero 75+ maps right now.

My tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABLMFLQY5CTMMXwz3Dc0UIBUgFewWbxm0GjgaPhuXHKccziLiJIsnLypNK1As6S_MMk41kjwtPQ8_J0CgQYdHfkfiSshM_1BHUWBTpVnzXhNfP2BLYuxlTWaeZ5to8m6qcql07XfjeTl673zZfuKE2YTvkFWZK5_fogCkOamVrKqsr64-r2y18raKtz65Hb02vYG-p8AawGbAv8GCxPbGrsqQytPQgdE22L3iLONq5FHp1e8O73zwH_Iv8wb3Mvno-tL7qv4K_lQ=

My Gear:
Not optimal...running semi-MF cause I like finding stuff
Spoiler

Gems on my gear are not optimal, etc.
eventually I am going to try to 6L one of these two chests to up my defense:

I fight off of mana and run hatred, HoF, and purity of elements (to cover my non-optimal gear)
Build is already high life regen and then pots restore almost full life in 3 seconds on top of that.

Infernal blow has about 15k tooltip DPS w/ about 10% of damage leeched as life...less DPS on infernal blow, but I can face tank most bosses.
I'll make it rain...
I have a question, do you still get hit for 0 damage and actually block attacks while immortal call is active, or does that totally stop the 3 skills from triggering?
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info