worst patch ever,i lost my interest to this game

"
holocaustus wrote:
Disagree.

Playing 2 block builds atm, both own shit up like you wouldn't believe. Beyond mod is tons of fun.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

And that's exactly why the other side is complaining, we had lemons and we have a few lemons less now, it didn't make the lemonade any less tasty.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 19, 2014, 6:13:38 AM
Well partly lost interest, but you always have periods like that.. especially when you played the game for 1½ years.

The patch was underwhelming imo, but probably not for those who like the PvP aspect.. i'm just not sure how many in PoE actually like it. My guess would be a very small percentage. I like PvP in general, but not interested in PoE PvP.

I think GGG should have done more with the existing underused skills, instead of just nerfing the ones that were OP. It's always exciting to try out new skills, but buffing old skills also creates a lot of new builds, which is a big part of the PoE (coming up with these new builds).

Maps or endgame, needs to be looked at. That is where people spend most of their time. It's been the same for too long. Atziri was a cool challenge, but too hard to access regularly for most players.

Cleaning up uniques would be nice. Do we really need 300 uniques of which most are just instantly sold to vendors? When i started playing, the "drop sound" from uniques was the most exciting part, now it's just another thing for the vendor, just like 99,99% of rares are. Loot is important in a ARPG, and PoE just has too much crap loot.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
"
PaganDK wrote:

The patch was underwhelming imo, but probably not for those who like the PvP aspect.. i'm just not sure how many in PoE actually like it. My guess would be a very small percentage. I like PvP in general, but not interested in PoE PvP.

I don't know why people are getting this "PoE is for PvE, not for PvP" vibe. Have you ever tried new PvP? Because all I can see are empty queues. I never played PvP in PoE, because it used to be terrible, but now when it might actually be interesting everyone just go "POE IS NO PVP, NO NO!". Why? Lol.

I agree with the rest of the points, to some degree, altho the uniques part is a lil bit exaggerated. What people does not understand is that when you are doing the end-game content you can drop EVERYTHING. You getting Wonderlusts doesn't mean you'd get Shavs or anything else if they did not drop. If they did not drop, you'd get NOTHING AT ALL. Drop chances are all separate, and "junk" dropping doesn't mean you'd get anything else in that place.

Uniques, is a type of items that have unique properties. (well, I think I need Noble prize for this). This doesn't mean these will be "better than rares" or some kind of objective, for you to follow. They are just UNIQUES, and whenever they are a low lvl uniques, or high level uniques, unique tier is only used to separate them from other items.

The fact that more low level uniques are dropping frequently is quite simple, really, and I'm surprised people doesn't understand that - if high level uniques were dropping like low level ones, you'd lose "dat feel" of them being rare, or worth a lot, because everyone would be getting them easily. And if low level uniques weren't so common, you'd never get any of them while leveling, thus they would most likely be useless.

So, are you asking for low level uniques to be more rare at high level maps? Because just to let you know - it will only make low level uniques more rare. It WON'T make high level uniques drop more frequently.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Yeah I can see your point regarding uniques.
I'm thinking inflation has devalued the uniques, but true there won't be more good unique drops from removing bad ones. And the good ones are (partly) only good because they are rare.
It could be because I have played for a long time now, so the unique part has become less interesting and not as exciting, but it could also be because the good uniques are so incredibly rare. The best I have gotten (value wise) in 1½ years of playing A LOT, is a bino. So I kinda got used to getting disappointed by the "unique drop" sound by now.

The chance to get a highend unique or similar can keep you going for a while, but at some point, you just accept the chance is no bigger than winning the main prize in the lottery.. That's when PoE becomes less exciting to me.
Loot plays a big role in a game like PoE, but when people start not bothering to even pick up the loot (rares and uniques), I think PoE has a problem.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
Bullshit...I didn't play PoE for over 4 months and this patch made me come back and play the game again.
"
Grimmnyr wrote:
Bullshit...I didn't play PoE for over 4 months and this patch made me come back and play the game again.

oh man,u must be noob without any good gear and with cheap build,thats why u can play thos SHITT
This patch is the balancing part of Forsaken Masters.

Forsaken Masters introduced a lot of shit that in hindsight was clearly unbalanced. Block was awesome. Critical Strike was awesome. Acrobatics was awesome. Reflect went down. Duel Wield got some epic buffs...

Well, it's like 12 o'clock for Cinderella. The magic has gone. And we have to sober up to the reality that some of it had to go. Think of it like a cycle. The good came. But it didn't last, and the bad came to counteract the good.

But that means that 1.4 (act 4) is probably going to be one of exciting patches where lots of imbalanced stuff comes out, and another round of epic character building. Just don't expect it to last.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
I suppose ggg are trying to do what's best for the game. However, for me it was the worst patch ever, and I'm a closed beta player. They said balance will not affect the core game, but rather affect PVP. This was false. My build just lost too much of its potency, that I lost quite a bit of the fun I had playing it. So much actually that I find myself playing D2 lately.
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
Last edited by GnGEmpire on Dec 21, 2014, 9:51:29 AM
i like it

i dident play last league so the masters and hide outs are all new to me

:)

skip a league and come back u will enjoy it
"
GnGEmpire wrote:
I suppose ggg are trying to do what's best for the game. However, for me it was the worst patch ever, and I'm a closed beta player. They said balance will not affect the core game, but rather affect PVP. This was false. My build just lost too much of its potency, that I lost quite a bit of the fun I had playing it. So much actually that I find myself playing D2 lately.

Nothing was balanced in the tree specifically for PvP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info