[2.2 WIP] Grocery's 400k+ DPS Frenzy Tornado Shot Physical Bow Build!

"
bodohspam wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
Just read the Beta notes on:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1248531

Looks like Tornado Shot will be severely nerfed, because:

All projectiles now behave like arrows. Multiple projectiles emitted at exactly the same time can no longer hit the same target. Their area of effect damage can still overlap, dealing damage to the same target multiple times. Many skills have received balance changes as a result. We now have far better ability to balance projectile skills because Multiple Projectiles support gems aren't absolutely mandatory any more. Many skills that we have previously been unable to create due the presence of projectile shotgunning are now possible. In addition, melee characters aren't at as much risk from monsters with multiple projectiles.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1248617/page/3

Tornado Shot (and all other arrow skills) already have the non-shotgunning behaviour. This change will have no functional effect on Tornado Shot.

by Daniel_GGG

Great!
Thanks a lot for posting the info.
Hey, liking the build. :)

I was a Split Arrow user until the nerf, so Tornado Shot + GMP felt like the natural successor. Unfortunately I'm dirt poor and still missing a lot of crucial components, so I'm hoping you veterans can provide some guidance regarding my build:

Equipment

My passive tree.

My damage output is pretty awful as Tornado Shot does a measly 15.3K DPS. :(

Which piece of gear should I replace first? I'm leaning toward the quiver. Keep in mind that my net worth is maybe 10 exalts if I sell a bunch of shit from my stash...

One other question: how do you guys feel about Puncture post-nerf? I'm still using it for single-target and phys reflect enemies, although it's definitely underwhelming in its current state.

Thanks!
"
Elevory wrote:
Hey, liking the build. :)

I was a Split Arrow user until the nerf, so Tornado Shot + GMP felt like the natural successor. Unfortunately I'm dirt poor and still missing a lot of crucial components, so I'm hoping you veterans can provide some guidance regarding my build:

Equipment

My passive tree.

My damage output is pretty awful as Tornado Shot does a measly 15.3K DPS. :(

Which piece of gear should I replace first? I'm leaning toward the quiver. Keep in mind that my net worth is maybe 10 exalts if I sell a bunch of shit from my stash...

One other question: how do you guys feel about Puncture post-nerf? I'm still using it for single-target and phys reflect enemies, although it's definitely underwhelming in its current state.

Thanks!

Hey,

If your main concern is increasing damage, I'd say get yourself a 6L chest piece. Socket "Added Fire Damage" into it, and you should see about a 25% damage increase. No other change to your build will give you that much of a damage increase for around 10ex. (Just tested with my build that removing the Added Fire Damage gem decreased my damage more than completely removing my quiver) You should be able to find a decent 6L chest piece with life, and 2 resists for under 10ex. Just keep an eye on trade chat. It's a buyer's market atm. Got mine for 6ex, so it's definately possible. Hell, you can even use the Tabula Rasa if you don't mind the lack of defense.

Second would be to get a >300pdps bow with >8.5%crit. But you probably won't have any currency for that after getting the 6L chest piece. Try not to get elemental damage on the bow, but as much physical damage as possible, since the phys damage scales a lot better with your gems and gear.

After that you'll have to start finetuning your build by getting as much Crit Multi / Crit Chance / Ele Damage / Flat Phys / Attack Speed on your gear as possible. But getting all those stats with a decent roll can become pretty costly. Especially because you also have to keep all your resistances maxed.

Oh, and leveling your gems is of course the cheapest way to get a damage increase. Your WED gem is only lvl 2, so there's quite a lot of damage to be gained just by levelling the gem.

About Puncture, I personally quit using it. It may still be usefull for kiting certain rare monster's / bosses who move a lot. But I find TS more than sufficient in those situations. Especially once you reach high dps with TS, kiting becomes almost obsolete since everything dies stupidly fast.

Hope this was of any help. If you've got any further questions let me know.

Cheers!
Good advice, thanks! I'll scour the market for a worthy chest piece. I was under the impression that decent 6L chests were way above my price range. Then again, I might have limited my search to Assassin's Garbs... perhaps I should look at other items.

Will report my findings.
"
Elevory wrote:
Good advice, thanks! I'll scour the market for a worthy chest piece. I was under the impression that decent 6L chests were way above my price range. Then again, I might have limited my search to Assassin's Garbs... perhaps I should look at other items.

Will report my findings.

Yeah, you won't find any one POE.TRADE. Look at trade chat, or maybe even create a public party asking for one.
There's currently a guy on trade chat selling one with similar stats for 12ex (willing to go down to 10). So it's most definately doable.

This is the one I got for 6ex:

Good luck on your search!
Last edited by Fritso on Apr 24, 2015, 5:39:14 PM
Hoping to get in the beta to update this!
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
hey grocery in your vids you say the build can be done with cheaper gear would you mind telling me what you would use if you couldnt get a 5 or 6 link bow and armor. i am mostly self found and dont have the currency to buy the top end stuff but i really like my ts ranger so far. the big thing is i want to be either atziri viable or able to solo level 78 maps thanks. btw do you have any old gear you would like to sell me.
"
Grocery wrote:

What do you think so far?

I've made it act 4 and I think the GMP change to fix shotgunning... kinda had no effect on it? Tornado Shot doesn't have a shotgunning effect, does it? Other than where they hit causing damage, the shots pierce, so it's not an issue.

I think it's still pretty solid. I'm loving the golems, too. Running around with a Fire Golem currently. Lot's of fun still.
"
Rigel032 wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:

What do you think so far?

I've made it act 4 and I think the GMP change to fix shotgunning... kinda had no effect on it? Tornado Shot doesn't have a shotgunning effect, does it? Other than where they hit causing damage, the shots pierce, so it's not an issue.

I think it's still pretty solid. I'm loving the golems, too. Running around with a Fire Golem currently. Lot's of fun still.

Shotgunning was changed on everything to act like arrows. This means all arrow abilities remained as is.

It is definitely still viable but I have not had a chance to level up. been crazy busy at work. Light at the end of the tunnel?
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Are you going to update this build for the Awakening?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info