[2.2 WIP] Grocery's 400k+ DPS Frenzy Tornado Shot Physical Bow Build!

This build is being updated for 2.2. trees posted below for 2.2

2.1 Changes: Due to a few changes we have some AWESOME options that will result in an overall buff. We can now run, WED/AF/PTL on a 6 link with no leech issues. We will have the same amount of life with a damage buff via the new ele leech mechanics and being able to run full ele supports! I personally do not use PtL rightnow for reflect purposes, bu if you have the setup, you can do it quite easily.

This build is a somewhat standard Physical Crit Bow build. It stacks physical damage and converts a lot of that damage over to Cold/Lightning/Fire Damage. Depending on map rolls you can keep it mostly physical or go with the Ele Conversion.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them. Please note that I have a section for those without Acuities because this would be a terrible guide if it required godlike gear. See the reasons for gear decisions portion for this. You can use life leech without acuities/god bow or you can get it on gear which is the best option imo (as the tree does not provide enough leech alone with a normal bow).

I am uploading videos now of me using this pretty decent bow that cost me 6 exalts + 1 awesome Divine on standard (I had to link it myself). You can probably find cheaper but I just did a quick buyout. 316 DPS bow here. 342 WITH A SWEET DIVINE!

You don't need godly gear to do this build as you can see from the bow above. This bow above is even still a bit of overkill, you could get a lower dps bow.

One thing to note is that I am using Frenzy over Puncture dps in most situations, basically when the boss does not move. Furthermore, Physical to Lightning is godlike with its damage on Frenzy. You won't use it on puncture as it severely reduces the damage of the DOT (the whole reason to use Puncture). Secondly, I use Frenzy to get my 7 frenzy charges and 3 power charges up (PCoC).

I did this on Torment with less than 3ex of gear. It is not a costly build but it does scale well if you have the currency.

Videos:

2.1 VIDEO GUIDE!!!!

Deathless Uber Atziri Kill

First two Uber Atziri bosses

Level 78 Courtyard 290K DPS Video

Level 78 Palace Dominus

Level 76 Palace map with Normal 316 DPS Bow Video

Vaal Pyramid on Level 70 Ranger

Rain of Arrows Variant on Arid Lake

2.2 Talent Trees
Spoiler

Gear on new leagues (warbands at the time)
Spoiler

Gear ON STANDARD
Spoiler

Mirrored Gear options
Spoiler

Flask Setup
Spoiler

optional and useful flasks for certain fights

Reasons for Gear choices and other options

Leech is not needed on gear now that the tree is chocked full of it and it allows us to go HAM with ele supports!

Helm:Rat's nest is the go to due to the IAS, move speed, crit and rarity. You can use Alpha's but it will really not be worth it in this build. Starkonja's is also decent if you need the survivability. I would recommend dropping either Rats or Malis for a rare with Res if it means you get to keep lightning coil.

Chest:Most will use a rare chest because it easy to stack up on defensives (res, evasion and life) and pick yup malis and rats nest. You do not need such an amazing chest. You can use a normal rare chest or a voll's protector if you want to drop power charge on crit from tornado shot. You do not need a 5l but it helps. With Voll's a 4 link is fine (even without Voll's 4L will clear most anything). Lightning Coil is OP, so I think it is best in slot if you can afford it.

Gloves: Obviously Acuities are the best item in the game and the first option for gloves. They allow you to get retarded survivability with high crit. If you have the currency this is a huge boost to the build. Realistically though, most people won't be able to afford them. Maligaro's work just fine for this build and are a ton of damage. Rare gloves work fine as well and make gearing easier as you won't be wearing too many uniques.

Boots:I went with rare boots. I don't see any reason to go for anything else. Get strength if needed and stack the move speed with high life and res. Weap ele damage via crafting if it is an option. Atziri’s step is always a good choice, especially if you are running Atziri/Uber

Belt:I went with a rustic sash for the extra phys damage but a Heavy Belt is just as good if it saves you a point on the tree (depending on the point of course). I went with ele weap damage, life, strength and res as per normal.

Bow: Your bow does not need 550 DPS even 350 DPS is more than enough. Look for high crit chance. It is very, very important as it boosts damage insanely. After that look for physical damage (don't get a 150 dps bow though). IAS helps a good deal too! Make sure you get a Harbinger bow or any other bow with high base crit.

Rings/Amulet: I prefer rare rings with life, crit (implicit), crit (affix), damage rolls, weap ele damage and res. IAS is always a plus.

Quiver: My Quiver is shitty but I need the resistance. Look for Crit, IAS, Ele Damage, Life or res if needed. IF YOU NEED PHYS/MANA LEECH, LOOK FOR THIS ON THE QUIVER.

Gem Setup

Frenzy
4L: PPAD + Faster Attacks + WED
5L: Added Fire/Phys to Lightning
6l: Added Fire/Phys to Lightning
You may want phys to lightning before WED/AF but try it for yourself.

Puncture
4L: PPAD + Faster Attacks + Increased Critical Damage
5L: Crit Chance
6L: Accuracy

Added Fire and WED are not the greatest because they only add upfront damage, not bleed damage on puncture.

Tornado Shot
4L: GMP + PPAD + Faster Attacks.
5L: WED/Phys to Lightning
6L: Wed/Phys to Lightning
If you have lower dps, do not use phys to lightning and use Added Fire Damage/ICS/ICD. This is because you may need more phys damage/don't want the loss of phys damage and need to leech.

5th and 6th link really depend on your gear. 20/20 phys to lightning is likely better than added fire and it is for me. WED is decent, so try it out. In my case, Added Fire and Phys to Light was best. Faster attacks may even be dropped as the 5th or 6th link, but you can test it yourself as it depends on gearing.

Ice Shot
4l: GMP + WED + PPAD
5L: Pierce/Slower Proj
6L: Pierce/Slower Proj

For a 6Link the choice is easy. Use both pierce and slower proj. If you only have a 5L, you have to test it out and see what you prefer, more pierce or more damage upfront without pierce.

Blood Rage
Blood Rage is excellent. I would link this with increased duration, enhance, faster casting!

Cast When Damage Taken
You can use enfeeble/warlords mark but I like the links I currently have.

Movement
I am using Blink Arrow as it is fantastic for moving up ledges or out of sticky situations

Auras
Hatred and Herald of Ash are great. I also make sure to use Vaal Haste with increased duration. I have started to use Herald of Ice with Curse on Hit, Assassin's Mark. This allows me to have 3 charges at all times and not cast anything. As it currently stands I am using Hatred and Herald of Ice.

Curses
Assassin's Mark and/or Enfeeble. Using Assassin's via curse on hit right now.

Bandits: Life, Point, Frenzy Charge

Leveling: You can level with this build quite easily. If you have a decent crit bow or not it works fine. Obviously since they introduced lower level bows with high base crit it is much easier nowadays.

Videos (more to be added)

2.1 VIDEO GUIDE!!!!

2.0 and older Video Guides

Atziri Videos (Uber Included)

High level map videos

Screenshots FROM 1.3, DPS WILL BE MUCH HIGHER NOW WITH 7 FRENZY CHARGES+BLOOD RAGE
Spoiler

Frenzy with Charges up (no flask/vaal haste) PHYSICAL TO LIGHTNING

Frenzy with Charges up (no flask/vaal haste) ICD GEM

Frenzy with PHYSICAL TO LIGHTNING GEM Vaal Haste, Flasks and chargres

Frenzy with ICD GEM Vaal Haste, Flasks and chargres

Tornado Shot with charges up PHYSICAL TO LIGHTNING

Tornado Shot with charges up ICD GEM

Tornado Shot with Vaal Haste, Flasks and chargres PHYSICAL TO LIGHTNING

Tornado Shot with Vaal Haste, Flasks and chargres ICD GEM

Puncture with Charges up note that this dps is messed up as added fire and WED only add to the initial hit

Puncture with charges, vaal haste and flask, note that this dps is messed up as added fire and WED only add to the initial hit

Defensive stats, no jade flask
]
Defensive stats with Jade Flask

2.0 Talent Trees old
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Mar 5, 2016, 8:27:41 PM
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2017, 3:19:46 AM
Hi,

Thank you for this good guide. I want to ask you something.

1- What did you go about bandits?

2- I did run with Ranger on new league and I checked your skill tree.
Shadow and Ranger are on almost the same area on skill tree. Can I implement this skill tree on my Ranger? Thank you.
Last edited by JavaMaster on Dec 16, 2014, 8:55:13 AM
"
JavaMaster wrote:
Hi,

Shadow and Ranger are on almost the same area on skill tree. Can I implement this skill tree on my Ranger? Thank you.

Bandits: Life, Phys Dam or Attack Speed, Frenzy Charge

For Ranger, yes you can. You go to both skill tree starts so just adapt it for your Ranger :)
There should be no difference except I take that first Ranger point much later, so the difference is negligible.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Aug 21, 2015, 2:40:53 PM
"
Grocery wrote:
"
JavaMaster wrote:
Hi,

Bandits: Life, Phys Dam or Attack Speed, Power Charge

For Ranger, yes you can. You go to both skill tree starts so just adapt it for your Ranger :)
There should be no difference except I take that first Ranger point much later, so the difference is negligible.

thank you very much again for your explanations&helps on here and youtube comments. Good luck on new league.
I am sorry. I will waste your time again but you typed frenzy tornado shot on your topic title. However I didn't see any frenzy or blood rage gems on your gears?
"
JavaMaster wrote:
I am sorry. I will waste your time again but you typed frenzy tornado shot on your topic title. However I didn't see any frenzy or blood rage gems on your gears?

No worries, it was a mistake as it was my old bow setup. I just updated. Frenzy is the single target DPS skill for most targets. For targets that move around a lot, mostly bosses (only time I use single target) I may switch to Puncture and ICD.

Again, you don't need to switch, but I do for certain fights to min/max.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Dec 16, 2014, 11:03:54 AM
Grocery,

That 2% leech from blood drinker is all the leech you have. I know you are using glyph mark with huge physical damage yet that 2 percent actually gets you through dom on Palace maps and all without any issues even with acuity?

Just curious, it just seems squishy with only 2 percent yet I have no way to test since I do not have such a godly bow lol.
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:
Grocery,

That 2% leech from blood drinker is all the leech you have. I know you are using glyph mark with huge physical damage yet that 2 percent actually gets you through dom on Palace maps and all without any issues even with acuity?

Just curious, it just seems squishy with only 2 percent yet I have no way to test since I do not have such a godly bow lol.

2% is all I have and I facetank Palace Dominus with damage/haste mods in Phase 2. Of course this would be a bad guide if it required you to have such gear, but the option is there.

If you don't have the Bow but the acuities. You can pick up more leech on rings/amulets or quivers as well as the tree. This would be more than enough to sustain you without a life leech gem.

If you don't have the bow or the acuities, this is where I would consider using the life leech gem, unless you have it on all of your gear. Vaal pact is another way to make it easier for you to stay alive but it will cost you quite a few points.

The last point I would like to make is that you may not want to use physical to lightning if it causes your leech to become an issue with sustaining yourself. I have not had this issue, but I can see it be an issue as it lowers your Physical Damage. In which case, you might just want to go with Puncture, or ICD on Frenzy. Or leech more on TS, which will be the main skill anyways.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Dec 16, 2014, 11:55:05 AM
Posted a video of a level 78 Palace map. Rushed to Dominus just to show AOE clear speed and single target damage.

Will be posting a video of the 77 map bosses tomorrow. I think I killed P1 piety in less than a second and P2 piety in just over a second.

I will be posting Uber Atziri once I farm up the Hope's again!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Added a 76 Precinct Video with Double Boss, Nemesis Mod + other mods. I am using a 316 DPS bow in this video and not my 558 DPS bow.

Just wanted to show a more realistic bow option.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info