[2.2 WIP] Grocery's 400k+ DPS Frenzy Tornado Shot Physical Bow Build!

"
Hey!

First of all awesome build. I do have a question. I'm trying to figure out what bow to buy. Both are about 330 pDPS. Should I get one that has 200%+ increased phys damage but lower flat phys damage? Or a bow with 140%ish increased phys damage but higher flat phys damage? Thanks for your help! Take care!

The one with the higher crit. If you are going to divine it, you might want to see where it rolled and which mods. One might have lower rolls on the tiers of flat phys/%phys. Like if it rolled 10-25 but the bracket is 10-15 to 25-40 a divine would be great.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Hi,i've been using this build for a while now, but feel that my dps is low for my level. Currently working on replacing the low life rings,ammy and quiver.
Currently lvl 86. The Tabulas i'm just using until i can 6 link my other chest and works just fine for me. Sitting at 17k dps TS with Hatred,HoA,HoT. ~26k dps puncture 4 linked and i don't know if that sounds right. Does getting a 500 PDPS bow really boost your tooltip dps from 20kish to 100k?
Seem to struggle with double Vaal and 78 map bosses.

Screenshots
Spoiler

Gear:
Spoiler

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by AZN_R3D3MPTION on Mar 7, 2015, 10:12:18 AM
"
Hi,i've been using this build for a while now, but feel that my dps is low for my level. Currently working on replacing the low life rings,ammy and quiver.
Currently lvl 86. The Tabulas i'm just using until i can 6 link my other chest and works just fine for me. Sitting at 17k dps TS with Hatred,HoA,HoT. ~26k dps puncture 4 linked and i don't know if that sounds right. Does getting a 500 PDPS bow really boost your tooltip dps from 20kish to 100k?

Screenshots
Spoiler

Gear:
Spoiler

Thanks in advance.

Hey. I'm going to let Grocery answer your question, since he's the expert.

I just have a little bit of advice, and that is to switch your Faster Attacks gem in your TS layout for the Weapon Elemental Damage gem. That will give you a huge dps boost, since it synergises crazy good with phys to lightning. And since you're not oneshotting things already, like Grocery, I think you're better off using WED. Just test, and see how you like it. For me, I love it, and my kill speed has increased significantly.

Have fun, and all the best!
"
Fritso wrote:
"

Screenshots
Spoiler

Gear:
Spoiler

Thanks in advance.

Hey. I'm going to let Grocery answer your question, since he's the expert.

I just have a little bit of advice, and that is to switch your Faster Attacks gem in your TS layout for the Weapon Elemental Damage gem. That will give you a huge dps boost, since it synergises crazy good with phys to lightning. And since you're not oneshotting things already, like Grocery, I think you're better off using WED. Just test, and see how you like it. For me, I love it, and my kill speed has increased significantly.

Have fun, and all the best!

Hey thanks, i've tried WED over Faster Attacks and it actually seems to be doing pretty well. Now sitting at ~20k TS DPS, i'll use this setup for the time being until i can ever afford a godly 500+DPS bow.
"

Hey thanks, i've tried WED over Faster Attacks and it actually seems to be doing pretty well. Now sitting at ~20k TS DPS, i'll use this setup for the time being until i can ever afford a godly 500+DPS bow.

Nice to hear you like WED!

You don't really need a godly bow and mirrored gear to do a lot of dps with TS. There's a lot of dps to be gained by getting a belt/rings/ammy/quiver with crit chance/crit multi/phys damage/elemental damage, for a fraction of the cost of a 500dps bow.

For example, I'm currently lvl 92, and doing just over 35k dps with the 3 aura's. Buffed with charges, and atziri's promise that's over 50k, and that's not including Vaal Haste.

Here's my gear:

Bow: 8ex
Belt: 25c, and put the ele damage mod on myself
Rings: 8ex total for the 2
Ammy: 8ex
Quiver: self found

So for a fraction of the price you get almost 2x the dps you have now, and you'll own 99% of the content in the game.

Hope this helps. Have fun mate!

Edit: swapped the Honour Whorl ring for this 9ex ring
which allowed me to remove two +30 nodes. DPS increase with 3 auras from 35k to 41k
Last edited by Fritso on Mar 10, 2015, 5:57:46 AM
I will update the guide with a4 next month. Really hopeful that it will still work as they would have to fuck up TS a lot to make it not work.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Hey,

Thank you for the awesome build, mate. I just bought a few items last night and had a little bit of fun before going to bed. Killed normal Atiziri on my first try and only died because of stupid mistakes.

I was hoping you could help me how with the build, tho.

I am sitting on a lot of Life Leech because of

and I have enough Mana Leech because of my quiver.

I traded the Mind Drinker nodes for some more life, and was wondering if it was worth giving up that Life Leech node for seomthing else too. Maybe more life or something.

I am seeing 45-50k Tornado Tooltip dps with only herald of ash and Hatred, witch is cool, but i wanted to increase it a little bit too. My level is still low, only 77. And I feel I'm lacking Life, although I've been trying to get high life rolls on gears (About 3500HP). Also, I'm a little low on Fire Resistance.

Anyway, if you have the time, take a look at my gear and tree and give me your considerations? Which slot should I upgrade next and can I make any changes on the passive tree woth my time?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsWvxmOH0EhdiLqI_Yk_SaVKgswcTB8MfoyATKUNj051DpCOrNKfUt4TZJRR1HZVUtW-luvXWheRWHiYetnoGyMbWxv8nBScNVxoXb3d9d4638CfyuGzod2idOMC4w2jX2Nv49PkvOVBZrxmyadqqCfotmm4LCSsNixMLIZtQi1SLl8wTPKqc96037UI9aK2cbdDd2o44Tjn-cK51TndOjW7LDtg-968-r66_zF_5P_3g==
Should probably know how to optimise a build if you can afford all that gear..
Ugh effort
Just read the Beta notes on:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1248531

Looks like Tornado Shot will be severely nerfed, because:

All projectiles now behave like arrows. Multiple projectiles emitted at exactly the same time can no longer hit the same target. Their area of effect damage can still overlap, dealing damage to the same target multiple times. Many skills have received balance changes as a result. We now have far better ability to balance projectile skills because Multiple Projectiles support gems aren't absolutely mandatory any more. Many skills that we have previously been unable to create due the presence of projectile shotgunning are now possible. In addition, melee characters aren't at as much risk from monsters with multiple projectiles.
"
Fritso wrote:
Just read the Beta notes on:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1248531

Looks like Tornado Shot will be severely nerfed, because:

All projectiles now behave like arrows. Multiple projectiles emitted at exactly the same time can no longer hit the same target. Their area of effect damage can still overlap, dealing damage to the same target multiple times. Many skills have received balance changes as a result. We now have far better ability to balance projectile skills because Multiple Projectiles support gems aren't absolutely mandatory any more. Many skills that we have previously been unable to create due the presence of projectile shotgunning are now possible. In addition, melee characters aren't at as much risk from monsters with multiple projectiles.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1248617/page/3

Tornado Shot (and all other arrow skills) already have the non-shotgunning behaviour. This change will have no functional effect on Tornado Shot.

by Daniel_GGG
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info