[2.2 WIP] Grocery's 400k+ DPS Frenzy Tornado Shot Physical Bow Build!

Hey guys, I don't know if it has been posted in this thread before, so forgive my ignorence. Also, I'm no expert :-)

I'd like to know what you guys think of my curse mechanisme, since it's a bit different from what's been posted already.

Basically, instead of using Power Charge on Crit in the Tornado Shot setup, I use Increased Critical Strikes to get over 150% increased critical strike chance for a little less charge dependant dps. Then I use the following setup to build Frenzy and Power charges:

Frenzy -> GMP -> Chain -> Curse on Hit -> Assassin's Mark

Just hit a pack with frenzy, kill em, and you have all your charges.

Reason I'm using frenzy for curse, and not dps, is the video by Grocery showing that even for single target, Tornado Shot kills the fastest. Therefore, I didn't find Frenzy very usefull for pure dps.

Grocery's video on dps comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPwYRFBLc7E

So far I really like this curse mechanism. Saves me links, and I get better constant dps. At least it feels this way.

But since I'm no expert, what do you think about this? Or would curse on hit with a Herald be better?

Another seperate question: how does Assasins Mark compare to using Elemental Weakness? I'd figure Elemental Weakness would be better when using Phys to Lightning in the Tornado Shot setup?

Oh, and thanks for the build Grocery! It's awesome!
Last edited by Fritso on Feb 26, 2015, 10:54:49 AM
The reason I don't use your setup is that I don't like changing sockets for fights. Atziri/non-aoe bosses like her are the reason I have single target Frenzy. If you don't plan on doing her, I would recommend your setup.

But with split phase you will rip unless you change socket colors.

Great for keeping charges up, both frenzy and power charges. Just use it smartly :)
Can try pcoc on there too.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Feb 27, 2015, 1:13:18 AM
Is adding global crit chance to the rings not really worth it since the max is 14%?
"
blindhoff wrote:
Is adding global crit chance to the rings not really worth it since the max is 14%?

Max crit chance is 95%. Assassin's mark can make you go over 95% though. Are you sure there is a 14% cap? Nothing on the wiki and my damage increases on sheet dps with rings with the global.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:
The reason I don't use your setup is that I don't like changing sockets for fights. Atziri/non-aoe bosses like her are the reason I have single target Frenzy. If you don't plan on doing her, I would recommend your setup.

Great for keeping charges up, both frenzy and power charges. Just use it smartly :)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm definately not going to use curses during atziri, that would be sure way to kill myself. I'll switch to single target Frenzy when I'm going to do Atziri.

Another question though. I see you are using Faster Attacks in your TS setup. Why not use Weapon Elemental Damage instead? It gives a bigger damage boost. For me it's 25k vs 30k.

I always though that going phys damage is the best damage you can do in the game, because monsters often have resists against ele damage. So would you say the ele damage version (with phys to lightning and weapon ele damage) still beats the phys version (with crit chance, and multi)? On paper the ele version does 30k dps for me vs the 24k of the physical version.

Thanks again!
i meant 14% for the ring itself with the elreon suffix mod.
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. I'm definately not going to use curses during atziri, that would be sure way to kill myself. I'll switch to single target Frenzy when I'm going to do Atziri.

Another question though. I see you are using Faster Attacks in your TS setup. Why not use Weapon Elemental Damage instead? It gives a bigger damage boost. For me it's 25k vs 30k.

I always though that going phys damage is the best damage you can do in the game, because monsters often have resists against ele damage. So would you say the ele damage version (with phys to lightning and weapon ele damage) still beats the phys version (with crit chance, and multi)? On paper the ele version does 30k dps for me vs the 24k of the physical version.

Thanks again!

It is better in certain situations. The thing is, I one shot pretty much everything so the faster attacks is more dps for me, even if it doesn't say so on the tooltip due to the animation being faster and letting me run away to next mob. WED is an excellent choice, but it might be annoying rolling the colors. Always good to have options and WED is one!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
So I'm trying out normal atziri now and I can get to her deathless but atziri herself is quite a pain. Only done 3 runs total now (only 2 on my TS/Puncture) and it might be me just getting used to the fight but i get hit by a stray flameblast every once in awhile and it can 1shot me. I'm guessing I just need more health to stop that, i'm sitting at

3825HP

DPS for TS -> 11,846

for Puncture -> 22,383

Passive tree-
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAF4DHgW1BfkGIwguCIkKmxXsFr8Zjhm0H0EhdiP2JP0lPyaVKgss6TBxMHwx-jIBNj051DpCR35LeE2SUUdVS1b6W69eRWHiYetirGVNZ6BsjG1sb_JwUnXLdvd313jrelN9dX8rhs6K8Iw2jX2Nv5LzlQWbJp2qoJ-hpKc0q9Kwq7IZtUi5Hb02vqfAnMEzxILK083qz3rTftQj1orajd0N3ajh2-OE5wrnVOd06NbqYuyw7YPvevPq-uv8xf66_sj_3g==

What order would you advise to replace items, also do you think I could run a regular pair of gloves with HP/RES and still have enough dps for atziri?
If you are going to run Mali's and Rat's nest you want top tier life rolls, not bench crafted life rolls. That is a big one.

With respect to Atziri, you really shouldn't be getting killed by FB. That fight is all about dodging damage and being patient. Sure sometimes you can stand in a flameblast but other times you can't, especially at your HP level. I personally can stand in a Flameblast but I have quite a bit more HP. It may be advisable to run fire res aura as well.

I look at normal as practice for Uber. You get one shot in Uber no matter what you do if you get hit by an FB, as a bow user. It is best to try and do her perfect because you getting hit by a flameblast is your own fault (my fault too, when I was learning the fight, it happened a lot).

This is why you want to pick up the MS nodes on the tree. With high MS and Blink Arrow, you should be dodging FB pretty easy.

The hard part, in my opinion is the split phase stormcalls.

Sorry if it sounded mean, it is not meant to be. The fight takes time to learn and it took me time too.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Hey!

First of all awesome build. I do have a question. I'm trying to figure out what bow to buy. Both are about 330 pDPS. Should I get one that has 200%+ increased phys damage but lower flat phys damage? Or a bow with 140%ish increased phys damage but higher flat phys damage? Thanks for your help! Take care!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info