[2.2 WIP] Grocery's 400k+ DPS Frenzy Tornado Shot Physical Bow Build!

Do you think Victario's Acuity Turquoise Amulet is good for this build?
"
xXThaiXx wrote:
Do you think Victario's Acuity Turquoise Amulet is good for this build?

It is good, sure. But I'd rather have some other uniques. A good rare neckpiece is very good too. I'd probably pass on it to use Mali's gloves.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:
"
xFL0W wrote:
Hello Grocery,

Can you say me whether is my equipment sufficient for Atziri Normally, or must I revalue what?
At the moment am level 83 and has with Maps 70-74 no problems, everything dies with 1 Crit.

What is your hp at? I mean, so long as you don't get hit by a flameblast or hit into reflect(play badly) you should be fine. It really is just a matter of how well you play so long as you have the dps to kill the adds, which I think you do.

A few levels doesn't hurt either, but it would be doable.

Tornado Shot : 17.500 DPS
Puncture : 33.180 DPS

Have 3703 Life and 7500 EV, 65 % Fire and maxed Cold, Lightning. A question still, how do you build up your power charges?
"
xFL0W wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:
"
xFL0W wrote:
Hello Grocery,

Can you say me whether is my equipment sufficient for Atziri Normally, or must I revalue what?
At the moment am level 83 and has with Maps 70-74 no problems, everything dies with 1 Crit.

What is your hp at? I mean, so long as you don't get hit by a flameblast or hit into reflect(play badly) you should be fine. It really is just a matter of how well you play so long as you have the dps to kill the adds, which I think you do.

A few levels doesn't hurt either, but it would be doable.

Tornado Shot : 17.500 DPS
Puncture : 33.180 DPS

Have 3703 Life and 7500 EV, 65 % Fire and maxed Cold, Lightning. A question still, how do you build up your power charges?

Curse on Hit with herald of thunder and assassins mark. I don't curse for atziri unless you want to run a curse immune flask.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Thank you for the help!
Grocery,

First want to give a hearty thanks for all the work that went into your walk through and videos.

Got a couple questions:

1) Atziri's Acuity.... Are they still worth it? Also is there a skill I missed to turn armor into evasion? I know there is a skill going the other way? The stats on Acuity are great, I just wish it was 600+ to evasion rather than armor! Also does the life leech stat on the gloves truly have a noticeable impact? A high end ranger I spoke with downgraded to Aurseize, cause he felt they where not worth the cost. If anything I would think that Maligaro's Virtuosity Deerskin gloves would be better.

2) Reflect has gotten me 3 times or better this level, it hasn't a serious issue before. So far not enjoying level 78 because of it. I'm thinking my play style has gotten a bit too agressive and now I need to adapt. Have over 12k to evasion and 87% I think to accuracy... where is the sweet spot where reflect isn't nearly as much of an issue? 91% or 97%+ ?

3) Rings, having a heck of a time finding rings anywhere near the quality of the 2 your running. Did you just chaos them till you got them? Buy them? Or was some crafting involved? Besides gloves & boots, rings are something I need a serious upgrade on.

Posted gear below:

Spoiler

I had originally intended to build a ranger with all uniques, I've given that up. Couldn't resist the belt, pun intended. Sitting at 75%/76%/75%/0% to resists in Merciless. I like Drillneck, but I wasn't planning on picking up the puncture nodes. I do like Frenzy! Going to have to fix the links on my bow, bought it this way. Am saving for a better bow. But I think I can get some more use of of this one if I go 6L on it and it would make a decent enough secondary bow for a low possibility of reflect setup. Thoughts?

Current passives below.

I haven't gotten the spells in the gloves set correctly yet. Man its gonna be a struggle to pry the decoy totem outa my fingers! Teleport and smoke mine I don't care. Decoy has saved my bacon so many times!

I wouldn't say I was on hold till upgrading gloves, boots, rings maybe neck & belt but it would make things maybe too comfortable again.

Thanks in advance, your advice and commentary is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by EAW on Feb 11, 2015, 8:50:00 PM
A better bow is worth more than acuities at their current cost. You want a harbi with crit chance rolled. 7.5% is nice but crit and more dps is better than acuities in my mind.

Don't shoot into reflect packs. Weapon swap. I use an ele weap for phys reflect packs. You end up doing too much damage with a pure phys bow to be able to reflect it all. I can survive large packs, but huuuuge packs can one shot you. It is really a reason to play somewhat smart.

Rings. Go for diamonds with another crit roll and weap ele damage. You can get the other stats if needed, but it will make it expensive. Try to get life too. Resist can come from other pieces or you can drop one of the must haves to get them if need be.

I'd probably invest in rings and a bow if you have a lot of currency. Standard has some OP gear so it is worthwhile. I'd go for a decentish ele bow for weapon swap reflect. You won't be running phys reflect maps btw. I weap swap for phys packs.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
All right i hope all are enjoying this build as i was too.

I hit a brick wall, i'm at lvl 83 and i can't upgrade gear because of Strength and Intelligence... Also it's so god damn hard to get 3 blue sockets on maligaro's... This is so frustrating.

If i didn't get enough intelligence i can't run thunder and curse on hit and so on... Also it's not worth it to get herald of thunder and only level it to 12 or so.. I also can't invest passives into str and int nodes it's just bad... i'm stuck on the same gear and any upgrade will cost a fortune!

I hope you ppl had better luck but i'm gonna lvl marauder righteous fire instead.

Thanks for the build Grocery i enjoyed it while it lasted.
Well, I'm kind of stuck as fellow Ramzi up here... Getting enough Str and Int is really, really annoying and I just can't figure out how Grocery got the amount of Str the build needs with his posted old SS gear. because he doesn't get any nodes from the tree... He only gets 48 Str from gear, so how does he reach the at least 111 needed.

Right now I have to consider getting the Prowess and Thief's Craft just to go on with the build and its pretty difficult to get to the Duelist area being so hungry for stats.

Appreciate any help.
Last edited by opethsland on Feb 14, 2015, 9:07:08 AM
How would you start as a duelist?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info