[2.2 WIP] Grocery's 400k+ DPS Frenzy Tornado Shot Physical Bow Build!

why are you jumping all over grocery in his build thread?

I have been playing this game since the closed beta, Im a huge fan and I have had multiple 80+ characters that have been deleted. I usually get bored around lvl 80 and trash them and I have followed numerous build guides of most of the most popular builds. That being said this is one of my favorite ones I have ever followed.

And honestly I dont care how much damage he does what made me want to make this build was someone in game telling me about it, watching that person own people and then watching grocery own stuff. Honestly his damage is complete and utter overkill and you dont need that much to own the high lvl maps so I dont see why there is this big thing about if its true or not.

Im only at 17k damage and pretty much kill everything in 1 shot in the 75 and under maps (havent gotten any higher maps yet) and this is my gear below. Not even close to as good but I seem to do ok with it.

"
Stormswa wrote:

I have been playing this game since the closed beta, Im a huge fan and I have had multiple 80+ characters that have been deleted. I usually get bored around lvl 80 and trash them and I have followed numerous build guides of most of the most popular builds. That being said this is one of my favorite ones I have ever followed.

And honestly I dont care how much damage he does what made me want to make this build was someone in game telling me about it, watching that person own people and then watching grocery own stuff. Honestly his damage is complete and utter overkill and you dont need that much to own the high lvl maps so I dont see why there is this big thing about if its true or not.

Im only at 17k damage and pretty much kill everything in 1 shot in the 75 and under maps (havent gotten any higher maps yet) and this is my gear below. Not even close to as good but I seem to do ok with it.

Pretty much this. The tooltip dps, in the end, does not matter. It is really about how fast you kill stuff. For instabnce, you can kill stuff faster with puncture at 250k dps than Frenzy at 290kdps on the tolltip.

I strongly urge people to base their choices off how fast they kill stuff and not just the tolltip, because it is wrong in many cases. Like when using a drillneck, it does not calculate it.

I am glad you are enjoying the build!

I will play a bit tonight, if you want to hop in some 77s or 78s.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:
"
Stormswa wrote:

Pretty much this. The tooltip dps, in the end, does not matter. It is really about how fast you kill stuff. For instabnce, you can kill stuff faster with puncture at 250k dps than Frenzy at 290kdps on the tolltip.

I strongly urge people to base their choices off how fast they kill stuff and not just the tolltip, because it is wrong in many cases. Like when using a drillneck, it does not calculate it.

I am glad you are enjoying the build!

I will play a bit tonight, if you want to hop in some 77s or 78s.

that would be awesome, Ill be on pretty much all the time the next 4 days, got off 4 days. Just hit me up anytime and I stay logged on all day even if im not here. If I dont get back to you within say 10 minutes then most likely im out or something.
another thing I forgot to mention about this build and what makes it great. If you are one of those people that care about your deaths (im not one Ive died almost 200 times) then this is a great build for you. Because if you play careful and make good decisions of where you farm based on your gear (in otherwards do the opposite of me) then you can pretty much never die with this build. The hardest thing about this build is keeping your ears open for unique drops because you will kill stuff way way way offscreen and can miss those drops.
"
Stormswa wrote:
another thing I forgot to mention about this build and what makes it great. If you are one of those people that care about your deaths (im not one Ive died almost 200 times) then this is a great build for you. Because if you play careful and make good decisions of where you farm based on your gear (in otherwards do the opposite of me) then you can pretty much never die with this build. The hardest thing about this build is keeping your ears open for unique drops because you will kill stuff way way way offscreen and can miss those drops.

I'll be on in an hour or two. Off work in 30 but the LA commute sucks. See you then if you are on.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:
"
Stormswa wrote:

I'll be on in an hour or two. Off work in 30 but the LA commute sucks. See you then if you are on.

yea I will be on, I usually dont get tired of maps until about midnight my time which is good 4 hours away. plus working on buying some better rings right now so will be fooling around in trade and on poe.trade. cya then.
ok after doing some 77 maps with grocery I can tell you guys the guy is legit. I mean he was totally carrying me through this map, now I shot my bow to give the illusion that I was helping but yea things were dying well before my arrows reached their targets and the boss was dead in seconds.

now im not a numbers guy im more of a results type of person. So I couldnt tell you if his tooltip dps is correct and honestly I hate math, although my sister is a math teacher. Honestly my 8 year old daughter comes home with her math homework and im like ummm ummm yea go ask your mother, and then she usually yells I dont freaking know either Brian....wow did I get way off subject here what were we talking about....oh yea grocery kicks butt end of story.
Updated screenshots with my new gear. Obviously it is not what you would expect to be able to achieve if you haven't been playing the same league for 2 years, but just showing the potential. The dps went up alot from my previous 250k+ claim, but it is again not obtainable for most, so I want to throw that out there now. As others have stated 230-250 on Frenzy is not that hard.

Kind of annoyed it got derailed.

Still doing this on my ranger with mostly self-found gear on Torment.

Physical to lightning seems to pull ahead at very high levels of phys damage. Otherwise it appears that ICD is the go to 6th link on TS. On Frenzy P2L is superior and you would never use P2L on Puncture because it lowers the dps of the dot. Even though tooltip goes up, it actually goes down a lot.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Jan 14, 2015, 10:32:30 PM
Hey, started playing about a lil more than a week ago and i started using this build after i messed up my first character(should've looked for a build and not yolo-ed it). It's very easy to understand the guide, and i really like that you give options for the gear and not just the Bill Gates-tier of gear. Right now i got this gear (not really great but very cheap)
But i got all that gear for about 60-70 chaos i got the gloves as a drop on zana mission and used some currencys to at least 3 link it into 3 blues for the curse setup so maybe like 90 chaos with gloves. So my gear only costs about a total of 2 exalted. Very cheap and getting around 22k dps on frenzy and 11k on tornado shot. Only got a 3 link bow for frenzy since those 5 link harbringers (that don't have negative -9000 dps) cost a foot and a liver, mine cost 12 chaos. But for the lvl 66-70 maps, i'm killing mobs like they are wet toilet paper, so im ok with the 3 link bow.
Basically this is just a long way of me saying THANK YOU for such an awesome guide.

Now seeing is am still general populus noob tier still, i will ask what is probably a stupid question. I have 2,090 hp, my CwDt activates at 1.6k hp, if i keep leveling my CwDt and it surpasses my hp pool, then will it not activate and i will just kill myself with reflect before it activates? And if that is the case, then what hp should i let the CwDt at, 500- less than my hp? 1000- ?
And final question, why do you leave your enduring cry and imortal call at lvls 11 and 10?

Both are probably noob questions, but i'll be a nooblet forever if i don't ask. XD

And i've been running corrupted areas for chaos, and it's nice and all selling the dusk/dawn/ 1 midnight i got/ vaal gems for chaos, but i don't think this method will get me that 6ex foot and liver bow you got at the beginning. Tried running 66-70 maps with 2 friends, made even less than just running around new instances looking for corrupted areas. So any tips on that as well? Cause i have no idea on how to start building that currency, and running corrupted areas for hours for maybe 15 chaos isn't cutting it no more for me XD.

Again, THANK YOU for the guide, easy to understand, beginner friendly and lots of screenshots, gem setups, gear, stats, tips, all that good stuff. And if you actually read all of this stuff till the end; Grocery, you the real MVP. (Ending post with overused Kevin Durant meme. 10/10)
i can answer the enduring cry and other spell. He would have to get more str which would mean he would have to give up some of his damage or life on his gear to allocate str as a stat on it. Or he would have to have to waste a passive point in order to put it on his tree.

I know this because we were talking about it last night ingame and he asked me why I was lvling mine to 20 and I told him so I can make them quality 20% then im regretting my extra +30 str and not lvling them up again.

he has 136 str so he could lvl them up a couple levels but he defintley cant level them up all the way, a lvl 20 costs 148 str.

and before anyone says it, yes I realize mine do not work right now.
Last edited by Stormswa on Jan 15, 2015, 12:00:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info