[2.2 WIP] Grocery's 400k+ DPS Frenzy Tornado Shot Physical Bow Build!

"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:
Grocery,

Can you explain the mechanics on the Curse on Hit setup which is becoming widely used?

1) I see that you replace HOI and use HOT yet are you casting the HOT aura normally on the pre-buffs then the idea of HOT is the lightning strikes which I would assume is like another attack to auto fill mana, etc. on the lightning strike part?

2) Do linked gem levels matter at all like they do for CWDT. I see no info on the info page so I am assuming there are no issues with linked gem levels?

3) Does the curse on hit linked to assassin's mark have to be linked into the HOT in order to generate the power charges? I am assuming it does since the HOT is what is generating the power charges on the attack side?

4) Do you notice a big difference losing the increased duration on vaal haste?

Thanks, I want to play around with this yet I am cheap when it comes to having to use lots of chroms to get 3 off colors all the time as I test certain things, etc. so I wanted to understand the mechanics a little bit before jumping in since HOI had a nice synergy with hatred and dropping it was not an intention of mine yet a lot of people I play with tell me that cast on crit since the new buff a while back to 100% makes this setup real nice.

Thanks for any info you can share

:P

1) HOT is for the damage and the curse. When the lightning strikes hit, they curse the mobs they hit.

2) For CoH there is no level requirements.

3) Since I am not using PCOC, yes. The only way I am generating PC is from A Mark being linked to COH and Assassin's mark. They need to be linked because COH will only apply A Mark when it is activated by a supported skill gem hitting a mob.

4) I notice it, but it is worth it for me. I don't like spending time casting A Mark, so overall it is better. As always, in Atziri I remove COH.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:
Grocery,

Can you explain the mechanics on the Curse on Hit setup which is becoming widely used?

1) I see that you replace HOI and use HOT yet are you casting the HOT aura normally on the pre-buffs then the idea of HOT is the lightning strikes which I would assume is like another attack to auto fill mana, etc. on the lightning strike part?

2) Do linked gem levels matter at all like they do for CWDT. I see no info on the info page so I am assuming there are no issues with linked gem levels?

3) Does the curse on hit linked to assassin's mark have to be linked into the HOT in order to generate the power charges? I am assuming it does since the HOT is what is generating the power charges on the attack side?

Thanks, I want to play around with this yet I am cheap when it comes to having to use lots of chroms to get 3 off colors all the time as I test certain things, etc. so I wanted to understand the mechanics a little bit before jumping in since HOI had a nice synergy with hatred and dropping it was not an intention of mine yet a lot of people I play with tell me that cast on crit since the new buff a while back to 100% makes this setup real nice.

1) HOT is for the damage and the curse. When the lightning strikes hit, they curse the mobs they hit.

3) Since I am not using PCOC, yes. The only way I am generating PC is from A Mark being linked to COH and Assassin's mark. They need to be linked because COH will only apply A Mark when it is activated by a supported skill gem hitting a mob.

4) I notice it, but it is worth it for me. I don't like spending time casting A Mark, so overall it is better. As always, in Atziri I remove COH.

Thanks for the reply, so you are pre-buffing the HOT like normal then the lightning strikes are doing the linked damage as I was expecting.

Thanks so much I just want to try it out and test around some mapping to get a feel for it yet overall since I use a increased crit strike gem in my TS setup to reach the max crit chance its not needed there yet not having to worry about casting the curse at the beginning of boss fights I think will be nice so I wanted to test it out a little.

Best wishes and TY
Last edited by NewbieDOTcom on Jan 17, 2015, 11:08:05 AM
Hey, great build. No trouble so far but I have 1 question.

Now I have 294 accuracy on my ring and not more. Do I have to stack more because it would be a problem later or is it fine?

Would appreciate any 90+ opinions. Never hit that level so far but I think this build is going to be my build. I like to see how good it is with medicore items / trash and how it would be with insane gear
"
Kisato wrote:

Now I have 294 accuracy on my ring and not more. Do I have to stack more because it would be a problem later or is it fine?

Would appreciate any 90+ opinions. Never hit that level so far but I think this build is going to be my build. I like to see how good it is with medicore items / trash and how it would be with insane gear

It is great with mediocre gear and amazing with insane gear. Tornado shot is just in a real good spot now.

Accuracy is not super huge. You would be fine with just that one piece.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:
Grocery,

Thanks for the reply, so you are pre-buffing the HOT like normal then the lightning strikes are doing the linked damage as I was expecting.

Thanks so much I just want to try it out and test around some mapping to get a feel for it yet overall since I use a increased crit strike gem in my TS setup to reach the max crit chance its not needed there yet not having to worry about casting the curse at the beginning of boss fights I think will be nice so I wanted to test it out a little.

Best wishes and TY

Not really pre-buffing per say. Just running herald of thunder like herald of fire at all times aside from atziri.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Kisato wrote:

im going to have a build guide coming up later this week with my gear, which I wouldn't consider trash gear but besides my chest every piece was either 1 ex or less. I can now do 78 maps with little trouble but have not tried atziri yet. Of course my thread will give total credit to grocery seeing he is the reason I made this character. I have tons of deaths like 200+ trying this gear until I finally got the balance of damage vs protection that I now feel is good. You dont have to have the crazy ass stuff grocery has like that sick ring.....yea im jealous.

also and like you I have made many lvl 80 characters that I just ended up trashing, this one is only one I have stuck with and think I will lvl this one all the way up seeing the gear im using is pretty much done. It can be improved on of course but every piece im wearing is solid so dont need to if I dont want to.
Last edited by Stormswa on Jan 18, 2015, 5:37:55 AM
Ty @Grocery and Stormswa

Good to hear. I guess I will have trouble against reflect soon, this build is insane dmg wise.
Had the same problem as you Stormswa. Started so many characters.

Spoiler

My current gear, having a blast, died only because of yolo'ing strongboxes (xD).
With powercharges I have 91% chance to crit. As I said, trash gear, as soon I get some currency I will upgrade everything except : Rats , Maligaro , Bow (for a long time) and Chest.

Flasks
Spoiler

Let me know if I can push up my survivability. :)
"
Kisato wrote:
Ty @Grocery and Stormswa

Good to hear. I guess I will have trouble against reflect soon, this build is insane dmg wise.
Had the same problem as you Stormswa. Started so many characters.

Spoiler

My current gear, having a blast, died only because of yolo'ing strongboxes (xD).
With powercharges I have 91% chance to crit. As I said, trash gear, as soon I get some currency I will upgrade everything except : Rats , Maligaro , Bow (for a long time) and Chest.

Flasks
Spoiler

Let me know if I can push up my survivability. :)

Just getting a bit more life on your current pieces and a bit more evasion on the chest. I also use a jade flask to be safe. See reflect coming up and I pop a jade flask. Generally speaking I just weapon swap for physical reflect though.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Alright thanks ! Did my first 72 map in my entire poe game time over 900 hours XDDD
Good build. Thanks for help!

Over and out
"
Kisato wrote:
Alright thanks ! Did my first 72 map in my entire poe game time over 900 hours XDDD
Good build. Thanks for help!

Over and out

No problem, let me know if you have any other questions.

Have fun with it!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info