Tormented Spirit encounters too rare and uninteresting.

"
pneuma wrote:

It's their AI that is lackluster, like the OP says.
When they actively taint enemies and inhabit a nearby rare, the fight becomes amazing.

Most of the time they just run into walls like an idiot Roomba.

+ 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

AI of ghosts IS TRASH and they are too rare! BORING!

Not much ppl playing torment atm

POST MORE IN THIS THREAD SO DEVS CAN SEE IT PLEASE!

P.S. just wondering what the Alpha testers and quality teams are doing omfg, these horrible errors should be fixed way before the new league start...
Last edited by Vaphobos on Dec 19, 2014, 5:27:21 PM
Well it wont get fixed before the holidays so i can at least focus on standard
I'm very under-impressed with them...

I started a char in the league, and it took ages for me to actually be able to kill one of them. They'd disappear too quickly and have too many HP for the average new-starter to be able to kill them.

When I finally got one, I was not impressed with the loot... All that running around chasing a lot of them for this?

Now, I just ignore them... I have a single character in the league, and will not make any more. There's no real difference between it and standard.
"
Wooser69 wrote:
I've been playing torment the past few days and really, spirits don't add much. Feels like I may as well be playing standard. I like the idea of them: loot pinatas that sometimes possess an enemy, make them harder, cause even more drops.

However, I barely see them. Maybe 1 an hour. Then when I do run into one, it'll just run around and never possess anything! There's nothing much fun about a loot pinata that doesn't up the stakes. Finding a spirit by itself running into a wall is lame and the free couple rares I get out of finding it don't make it feel any different to just playing standard.

Fights where a rare/unique gets possessed however are awesome. I really love it when that happens and the rewards are worth the challenge. The only problem is that I've had this happen maybe 2 times today out of 6+ hours of playing. So please, my feedback and request, is that possessions should happen more! Stop giving me spirits running into walls, give me more fun fights. I don't wanna have another case of Rampage where playing feels too similar to standard to matter.

+1
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
I think this (ghosts being stupid and hard to kill/catch and not possessing rare mobs) is the reason why Torment league is so dead atm (Saturday afternoon)
I wish GGG do something with the ghosts AI in the next patch. Making them spam a bit more is dangerous, because the loot is very nice (at least in quantity, 99,99% goes to vendor anyway), but they should at least seek for rare monsters and big packs, not run like idiots.

Really, half of the big patch were nerfs (not complaining, or at least not much except Arctic armour [unnecessary]) and the rest, ¿20 of 24? low level (PvP) uniques to piss off when you get one (or 10) at +70 maps, some PvP tweaks, the same crap points balance at races, and a SC league that feels like permanent SC :(...
♠RaGoN♦
Last edited by RaGoNXIII on Dec 20, 2014, 6:42:01 PM
Agreed. I started Torment first but now I've switched to Bloodlines because it's much more fun and engaing.

99% of time time I encounter ghost, it just goes from wall to wall. Very rarely does it possess a rare or buff normal mobs, so feels kinda like standard.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
I tried Torment out during the weekend and yeah, it feels like wasted potential. GGG needs either:

1.) buff their spawn rate
2.) considerably improve their AI (ghosts should actively search mobs)

Currently they are total morons who just hug walls. And imo there needs to be a way to tell you have aggroed a ghost, because you can trigger them without noticing it (other sounds cover heir screetching) and the ghost just wastes itself humping a wall.

Tho, when stars align and it manages to posses a unique, it's loot pinata... But the gameplay feels too damn random.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Vaphobos wrote:
I think this (ghosts being stupid and hard to kill/catch and not possessing rare mobs) is the reason why Torment league is so dead atm (Saturday afternoon)
Also this is the reason why it is called Torment :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I think their awful AI combined with their large aggro range is what really annoys me. There have been so many spirits I set off without even realizing it, only to notice a few monsters that had been buffed but no sign of a spirit, obviously long departed.

Given the massive scope of the spirit to detect exiles it makes me wonder how it can be so hard to get them to notice a rare/unique at times. I'm really enjoying torment, and when the spirits work as you expect them to it's fantastic, but when you don't see one for ages, find one and work on herding it to a rare only for it to dick around and then bugger off without possessing anything... kinda kills the feel of the league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info