Tormented Spirit encounters too rare and uninteresting.

Here's an option to consider guys:

Step 1: remove or lower the loot on killing the spirit naked
Step 2: significantly increase the duration a spirit hangs around for before peacing out (x2-x3 sort of significant increase
Alternatively:
Step 2b: Change the AI to actively flee towards unpossessed and blessed mobs in whatever general direction your character can be not found in.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
I've noticed a lot more spirits in my last couple of play sessions.
I started playing torment self-found for two things basically

#1 and #2 get scolds bridle. I want to play with it and vms NOW, not after 3 months (and vms combo will likely get nerfed to the ground because at the moment you can do like 30k per HIT with VMS which is absolutely retarded)

#3 test out the 'qq I haz no maps' theory.

I honestly dont think ghost spawn rate is too rare. while leveling its like in near every map on normal and cruel.

biggest problem by far is idiot AI, which, Im afraid there is no real cure for.

also bad spawn places (aka, bad rng). maybe making it spawn close to packs would be better.

as it is, you clear the map, boss, shrines and then you find a ghost on a fucking corner slanging that green dope with no customers in sight
"
grepman wrote:
I started playing torment self-found for two things basically

#1 and #2 get scolds bridle. I want to play with it and vms NOW, not after 3 months (and vms combo will likely get nerfed to the ground because at the moment you can do like 30k per HIT with VMS which is absolutely retarded)

#3 test out the 'qq I haz no maps' theory.

I honestly dont think ghost spawn rate is too rare. while leveling its like in near every map on normal and cruel.

biggest problem by far is idiot AI, which, Im afraid there is no real cure for.

also bad spawn places (aka, bad rng). maybe making it spawn close to packs would be better.

as it is, you clear the map, boss, shrines and then you find a ghost on a fucking corner slanging that green dope with no customers in sight

Either that or you clear the boss/shrine/box/rare mob/etc etc and find a ghost about 3 feet offscreen BEHIND them -.-
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
I agree, when you see only 1 spirit every 3 maps it doesn't really feel like some special league feature, it could be just standard. And with the way drops work in this game, those 3 vendor rares they drop don't make it any better.
I want to bump this topic so GGG staff read it
seams much better now, just got from Wharf and there were 4! spirits on one screen. (spy, cultist, warlord and thug) Loot explosions got real
Gonna go ahead and add my two cents: I'm seeing TONS of spirits now. Dunno if their rate got substantially buffed between these guys commenting and me, but I usually see a spirit in each area, and in maps almost always two--often three or four.

That being said, the rare ones are a little TOO rare, I think.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
the only thing that pisses me of is their run speed.
Just my 2c, but even if they were 15x more common, they would still be uninteresting. I've barely touched the game this season because it didn't add anything to non-hc leagues, and pvp is pointless in ARPGs (imo, ofc). This may as well have been another "wait 5 more months until the game will -maybe- become more interesting again" patch.

Don't get me wrong. This is one of my 2 favorite ARPGs (alongside TL2), but Standard is pointless to me, and if I'm going to restart each season, I want something new and interesting to engage me. These spirits were a good attempt, but a lame result.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info