Tormented Spirit encounters too rare and uninteresting.

I tought their job was to haunt enemies and posess them but actually they haunt the walls to hug them...
It wasn't until the end of A1 Cruel that I even saw a spook infect a rare monster. It would be much better if they actively looked for rare/unique mobs to spook.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
I'm actually one that thinks their spawn rate is ok. If it was merged into the main game, the current spawn rate is fine. For the flavour of the temporary league, I can understand it's low as it's basically standard that you might get a ghost appearing near a rare to make a challenging fight. They aren't supposed to be that common but it's hard to get them into a situation where they are very good.

The AI is good in open spaces. I've seen a ghost run away from me, change direction and find rare enemies to possess but sometimes when they first spot me, on their first sprint they would run past a pack including rares and not try to attempt to possess. They would also possess hidden enemies so not all bad... Indoors they are a pain as they often run in a direction into a wall and sit there doing nothing pretending they have just run a huge distance away from you letting you catch up until their movement cycles and start moving again... and I don't think it could get that much better other than changing how they collide with solid objects and trying to move around corners and door openings.

The ghosts can be very dangerous in some unique enemies. Some of the ghosts are benign, others are just stupid to even try to put into certain bosses.

Could make the ghosts teleport short distance to escape and get out from walls or corners.
Agree with:
1. feels just like standard
2. spirits need AI upgrade
3. the idea is interesting, possessed fights are fun
Now feels like: league is boring and not worth it
Suggestion:
Increase the spirit rate by a lot, make balancing adjustments if needed with the monster HP/damage or loot rarity if you're afraid we get too rich.
I ran into one in the sarn slum sewers, he was in the room with that no cooldown jumping boss, and he had infected all the mobs and when I attacked he possessed the boss. it was like the craziest loot piñata explosion ever.

No unique but tons of rares.
I am playing standard again until there is change, torment feels like standard anyway just my char is a lot weaker and less fun.
I got bored of Torment but I did play it for awhile. I ran into spirits fairly often however I think the main issue is running into them was a non-event. They were passive, had very poor AI and just floated about. Sometimes I'd be lucky and they'd possess a rare but outside of that, very very dull.

When I first heard of Torment, I thought they were going to actively seek out monsters to possess and if you didn't wipe out the spirit before it leaped into another body, you'd never be able to kill it and it'd just keep powering up monsters at least a set number of times.

Instead they just kind of float there, being all emo.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Hi

CliveHowlitzer
"
I think the main issue is running into them was a non-event. They were passive, had very poor AI and just floated about. Sometimes I'd be lucky and they'd possess a rare but outside of that, very very dull.

When I first heard of Torment, I thought they were going to actively seek out monsters to possess and if you didn't wipe out the spirit before it leaped into another body, you'd never be able to kill it and it'd just keep powering up monsters at least a set number of times.

Instead they just kind of float there, being all emo.

Exactly, 100% agree Clive. Also yet another bang on description of the present Ghost attitude of Wraeclast:

Marquise
"
I tought their job was to haunt enemies and posess them but actually they haunt the walls to hug them...

GGG please on the next patch would it be possible to: give the ghosts better pathing and a more aggressive ai that seeks out monsters instead of running from you. I don't even think we as a player should be able to kill them unless they possess something, I mean why are ghosts running from you?, my exile should be scared and running from them! This unknown ghost time limit idea needs to be re-thought over.

I had other ideas also for what these tormented souls would get up too like: a)follow them to find a loot chest, get ambushed by enemies, get loot box (I never see giant loot boxes anymore), b) Ghost asks you to put their spirit to rest and fight enemies that had killed them, c)Ghost leads you to corrupt area full of possessed stuff...

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Finkenstein on Dec 18, 2014, 1:34:50 PM
Just here to say I agree with the OP, I feel like they dont add much overall. I hate how they run around all willy nilly
S L O W E R
Yup. Agree. From little that I played they should be more often. But I really like them. And generally this two leagues are good, and hope it will go to the main game (but from all the leagues I like most the ones that implemented strongboxes and rouge exiles).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info