Tormented Spirit encounters too rare and uninteresting.

I've been playing torment the past few days and really, spirits don't add much. Feels like I may as well be playing standard. I like the idea of them: loot pinatas that sometimes possess an enemy, make them harder, cause even more drops.

However, I barely see them. Maybe 1 an hour. Then when I do run into one, it'll just run around and never possess anything! There's nothing much fun about a loot pinata that doesn't up the stakes. Finding a spirit by itself running into a wall is lame and the free couple rares I get out of finding it don't make it feel any different to just playing standard.

Fights where a rare/unique gets possessed however are awesome. I really love it when that happens and the rewards are worth the challenge. The only problem is that I've had this happen maybe 2 times today out of 6+ hours of playing. So please, my feedback and request, is that possessions should happen more! Stop giving me spirits running into walls, give me more fun fights. I don't wanna have another case of Rampage where playing feels too similar to standard to matter.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Their frequency is fine imo. I've even seen double spirits in a single zone a few times.

It's their AI that is lackluster, like the OP says.
When they actively taint enemies and inhabit a nearby rare, the fight becomes amazing.
Most of the time they just run into walls like an idiot Roomba.
"
pneuma wrote:
Their frequency is fine imo. I've even seen double spirits in a single zone a few times.

When they actively taint enemies and inhabit a nearby rare, the fight becomes amazing.

Yup
Agree with pneuma - GGG just should cure the spirits from oligophrenia. Make them always possess rares/uniqs and affect all the nearby mobs. Retarded spirits are not fun at all.
Do the spirits only possess rare and unique enemies? I've only seen them in very early act 1 (don't play temp leagues much) and they just zip right on by normal and magic mobs.
ive got 2 into one unique boss before, so ya they can double up.

Still feel like theres far too few of them, I go like 3 or 4 maps in a row without a single ghost its pretty lame. The amount of them I find is how I would expect it to be balanced in the main game maybe, not in the league.

I love the mechanics of them, I dont think they need new AI at all. Sometimes u get them to do cool shit sometimes you don't, I think thats fun, I dont want them to always inhabit a rare or boss they go anywhere near or it just becomes an automatic thing. It would just be like an animation that played before a buffed loot boss, rather than a little game that can be fun and frustrating in good ways.

I think there should just be more of them. Cant remember last time I went into a map and didnt find a single ambush box, theres usually 3 or so in every map, its more ambush league still than torment tbh.

I think its the most fun league yet in those moments when it exists, potentially the best league so far imo. But as it stands, I just feel like going back to sc a lot because its boring as fuck going map after map without seeing the league mod in action. Im pretty sure I still see more exiles, boxes, nemisis mods etc in every map than spirits, feels like a non existent league.
"
pneuma wrote:

This is my exact feedback. Please improve their AI. When they work right, they are soooo fun.
This is part of why I elected to skip this league

2 hander builds still require to much upfront investment for too little return
the new content is too inconsistent to be enjoyable
and none of the unique items except for one exceptionally rare chest armor are of any interest.

over all , there really was not much keeping me going after i hit the level 60 slowdown and all interest in starting over shriveled up on the fine in a matter of minutes.

also for fuck sake ggg fix the duelists gem rewards i should not be seeing 3 fucking faster attack gems , 3 fucking melee damage on full life gems (seriously why melee damage on full life , since when do duelists go ci?)

zero reduced mana gems and only 1 melee physical gem.

the rewards are shit and half the reason my character hit a brick wall of fun.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 16, 2014, 12:01:19 PM
Made it further than I did. Too similar to standard for me to care.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Dec 16, 2014, 5:56:14 PM
Hi

Better ghost AI and pathing, more possessions. Players goal should be to stop the ghost from possessing the nearest viable monster, NOT lets play tag, oh I'm hiding in a corner and I...disappear with monsters around me UN-possessed.

Thus I agree with a lot of the comments aforementioned in this thread.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info