[1.3] Aegis Aurora BoR 30k dps Super-Tank with 2-3 Counter Attacks +Molten/Static/Lightning Strike

kinda bummed out that my dps sucks at lvl 67 with soul taker. thinking about selling it and going for static strike with doryani. but then again I went for endurance nodes wanting to try out 9 second immortal calling. bad idea. gonna have to regret a bunch of crap now. going back to the drawing board and this time im going to stick to exactly what assassin is doing for cyclone soul taker version.

one last question: for cyclone links in BoR, which setup and color is hands down the best? I find that having 2 blue forces you to stay with conc area and increased area, are those two together that good instead of something like: cyclone-added fire-conc area-melee phys? Please let me know what you think.
From my experience using increased area of effect brings less tooltip DPS
BUT
You actually get higher clear speed, less desync and overall better times compared to using lets say added fire damage.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 31, 2014, 6:14:10 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
From my experience using increased area of effect brings less tooltip DPS
BUT
You actually get higher clear speed, less desync and overall better times compared to using lets say added fire damage.

thank you PoE jesus. I still remember years ago when I did your facebreaker build. you rock.
Haha thanks man! :)
Just trying to help as always ^^
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 31, 2014, 9:43:00 AM
"
sighlight wrote:
kinda bummed out that my dps sucks at lvl 67 with soul taker. thinking about selling it and going for static strike with doryani. but then again I went for endurance nodes wanting to try out 9 second immortal calling. bad idea. gonna have to regret a bunch of crap now. going back to the drawing board and this time im going to stick to exactly what assassin is doing for cyclone soul taker version.

I tried to steer you away from endrance charges.... ;)
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Dec 31, 2014, 9:52:26 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:

I tried to steer you away from endrance charges.... ;)

Yeah you did and I was too stubborn/stupid to listen. Welp, after 25 regrets later, the build feels so much more fluid and doing what it was designed to do. Thanks guys, trying to keep up IC all the time was idiotic of me. I deserve the loss ^^

The only thing a bit different I did is not use herald of ice (since my soultaker already chills) and went for tempest shield. It saves 3 nodes...so I thought I would give it a try. It's alright, nothing game changing. would love to hear if herald of ice is still worth it and even more wondering to those guys who are running 2 60% auras. Is that worth the 5 nodes? I don't think so imo but who knows.

my current gear, please tell me what I should improve next! My gem links too!:
Last edited by sighlight on Dec 31, 2014, 1:24:18 PM
Serious question about using 2x Rumi's.

This is my first time using this flask...it is magical. I can cap my spell block with this and so it makes me wonder...I can save about 11 nodes if I just have two of these things and have them up all the time. What do you guys think of this idea? Even with just one I have little trouble keeping them up and it seems very good if I can use 11 passives elsewhere instead of trying to cap block when a Rumi will do it for me.

Also, the block would not be that low either, around 66 and of course spell block without Rumi will be lower but if you always got rumi's up when going into battle, you get the same amount of spell block! What do you guys think?
"
sighlight wrote:

This is my first time using this flask...it is magical. I can cap my spell block with this and so it makes me wonder...I can save about 11 nodes if I just have two of these things and have them up all the time. What do you guys think of this idea? Even with just one I have little trouble keeping them up and it seems very good if I can use 11 passives elsewhere instead of trying to cap block when a Rumi will do it for me.

Also, the block would not be that low either, around 66 and of course spell block without Rumi will be lower but if you always got rumi's up when going into battle, you get the same amount of spell block! What do you guys think?

I have no doubt that it would work fine, but it still is an extra cost for me. The big turn off for me is that I don't like relying on temporary buffs, even immortal call, unless they are automated, like CWDT or counterattacks. I find it irritating having to try and keep the flasks/buffs up.

So, yes, it would work fine but I prefer not to rely on buffs (just my playstyle).
"
Assassin2000 wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:

I have no doubt that it would work fine, but it still is an extra cost for me. The big turn off for me is that I don't like relying on temporary buffs, even immortal call, unless they are automated, like CWDT or counterattacks. I find it irritating having to try and keep the flasks/buffs up.

So, yes, it would work fine but I prefer not to rely on buffs (just my playstyle).

nah you are right and nothing is wrong with the build so far, easily clearing maps. I just like to optimize and stuff. but why fix something that ain't broke right?

it's just that I wish my cyclone dps was higher, so I was hoping too refund all the block nodes and take dps nodes instead, that would also give me more health. but it feels a bit dangerous and a bit stressful play style since you would have to keep your charges up all the time. but if I did it I could reach 500% increased dps from the tree alone...so that is why I thought about it.

However, so far it's easy enough to kill and i have no problems with how fast I am clearing. for 75 maps, would a 15k cyclone be enough?

just to prove that you can do 73 map at lvl 72 with shit gems and only 10k dps. easy.

sorry for path of runescape~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info