[1.3] Aegis Aurora BoR 30k dps Super-Tank with 2-3 Counter Attacks +Molten/Static/Lightning Strike

"
KorgothBG wrote:
to run 60% + 60% + 25% auras/buffs you need level 19 reduced mana support gem and 4% reduced mana reservation from the passive skill tree

BTW assassin2000 mate you've oveedone the block. You have 32% from aegis + 15% from BoR + 33% ( 27% additional Chance to Block with Shields AND 6% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield ) from the passive skill tree so thats a total of 80% ... so thats 5% more than needed. That means that you can get rid of the sion block chance nodes and free tons of passive skill points.

YeAH! I was right!! Thanks again Korgoth!
"
KorgothBG wrote:
to run 60% + 60% + 25% auras/buffs you need level 19 reduced mana support gem and 4% reduced mana reservation from the passive skill tree

BTW assassin2000 mate you've oveedone the block. You have 32% from aegis + 15% from BoR + 33% ( 27% additional Chance to Block with Shields AND 6% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield ) from the passive skill tree so thats a total of 80% ... so thats 5% more than needed. That means that you can get rid of the sion block chance nodes and free tons of passive skill points.

Hey buddy!

The Scion tree is intended for those people without the legacy BORs, maybe playing in the new league. I have a tree for the normal build, for those with at least a 15% BOR... Unless something got messed up, which I hope not. If the trees are somehow switched or something I will fix it.
when should we go for IR?
"
sighlight wrote:
when should we go for IR?

It is another priority of ours, probably right up there with RT. Sorry, I left that out by mistake when I gave you the levelling tree 'guide'. :-(
solid build.

thing is with cyclone it is pretty damn hard to get to 30k dps. that's like a minimum in my opinion for group play (78 map rotation). but i got there.

so i guess its quite balanced between hp/block/moderate dps.

vengeance, reckoning, riposte support gems still need to be optimized.

i don't run grace and i did not select the iron reflexes node in the tree.
Last edited by Kenza on Dec 29, 2014, 3:36:31 PM
Don't underestimate the effectiveness of cyclone. Even 20-25k cyclone dps will outperform other skills even if they are at 40-50k dps.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
Don't underestimate the effectiveness of cyclone. Even 20-25k cyclone dps will outperform other skills even if they are at 40-50k dps.

This is true.
But i must also agree with Kenza that one should have close to 30k cyclone dps for full party play, and i'd say around 25k for smooth solo play.
Of course in the end more is always better and less is always playable.

@Assassin2000

Yea i was looking at the "balanced tree" . If i may i'd suggest that you mention that with legacy bor one should drop the excess block nodes ^^
or maybe i wasn't looking there .. or you've fixed it .. anyway.. ignore what i said above - it's ok now and it is explained above the scion tree :)

P.S. you were right mate, the build did become somewhat popular ^^ Gratz :)

EDIT: Oh and regarding map mods. There are some combinations that should be avoided. i.e ele reflect combined with - max res. or ele weakness (if the resists are not overcapped ).

EDIT2: and another suggestion. Try out culling strike instead of added fire damage for your counterattacks. Since attack speed doesn't affect them the -% speed doesn't matter. The damage difference is 22% damage increase ( all types of damage ) vs 39% physical damage added as fire so in your case i'm not sure which one will add more, and there is the culling strike.. of the .. culling strike gem .. yea it sounds funny when i say it...

Also another thing to try as a main attack should be infernal blow. I'm interested to see if it fits well. Melee splash is need but the damage is awesome and the aoe is crazy ( with 20% quality infernal blow and melee splash )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 29, 2014, 7:51:56 PM
"
Kenza wrote:
solid build.

thing is with cyclone it is pretty damn hard to get to 30k dps. that's like a minimum in my opinion for group play (78 map rotation). but i got there.

lol you can get to 30k easily with a legacy soul taker.

@korgoth and assassin,

for those playing it safe with dominating blow, can you recommend some gem links for our minions? I do not think I will be running the counterattack gems since my minions tank and kill for me. I use convocation with blood magic (have to since I have no mana left), any other ideas?
"
sighlight wrote:
"
Kenza wrote:
solid build.

lol you can get to 30k easily with a legacy soul taker.

@korgoth and assassin,

for those playing it safe with dominating blow, can you recommend some gem links for our minions? I do not think I will be running the counterattack gems since my minions tank and kill for me. I use convocation with blood magic (have to since I have no mana left), any other ideas?

Legacy Soul taker is far too expensive considering this is a rather budget build and its definitely over priced...
What came first Mcdonalds or KFC?
Last edited by xAvengingAngelx on Dec 30, 2014, 1:10:17 AM
I would say that Lightining strike is a lot better than cyclone for a TANK build. If you want decent dps on cyclone, you have to sacrifice too many life nodes. Lightning strike works well with just a few dps nodes(which are also well placed in the tree).

Also i agree, that spending hundreds of exalts is not worth it. The way that poe works, you won´t be imortall even with super expensive gear and clear speed will still be low compared to crit / lowlife... builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info