[1.30 Video Guide]Ranger Smith-One Man Army Build! Blink Arrow/Mirror Arrow xD

I'll be on later tonight when i get home from work, probably sometime around 7 pm pacific time. if i dont catch you then, ill be on pretty much all weekend, so feel free to hit me up!
Are you sure minion instability is working with Mirror/Blink Arrow clones? They just dissappear when they die, i do not see any dmg.
Also when i looked at the tooltip, the dmg of Mirror/Blink Arrow didn't go up when i skilled minion dmg

Also, does Minion DMG or Attackspeed really work? It's really hard to test it if the tooltipp doesn't change
Last edited by Pandaro on Dec 20, 2014, 4:14:25 PM
"
Pandaro wrote:
Are you sure minion instability is working with Mirror/Blink Arrow clones? They just dissappear when they die, i do not see any dmg.
Also when i looked at the tooltip, the dmg of Mirror/Blink Arrow didn't go up when i skilled minion dmg

Also, does Minion DMG or Attackspeed really work? It's really hard to test it if the tooltipp doesn't change

They have to be killed, it doesnt work at the end of the skills duration.

as for dps and attack speed....i cant tell you, its hard to test.

But ill definitely keep the post updated as i learn more.
Last edited by Naeblis720 on Dec 20, 2014, 5:11:21 PM
"
polo2005 wrote:
I did some testing with the skill, it seems like faster attack doesn't apply to the clone itself (nor does the minion attack speed nodes or flash offering work with the clones) It seems like the clones does'n't benefit from attack speed multipliers.

Flesh offering definitely works with it. Not too sure about the minion attack speed nodes but I'm almost positive they do.
"
Tombss wrote:
"
polo2005 wrote:
I did some testing with the skill, it seems like faster attack doesn't apply to the clone itself (nor does the minion attack speed nodes or flash offering work with the clones) It seems like the clones does'n't benefit from attack speed multipliers.

Flesh offering definitely works with it. Not too sure about the minion attack speed nodes but I'm almost positive they do.

Minion AS nodes are definetly applying to the clones, as well as the bow's AS. I haven't tried flesh offering but I'm sure it works too ;)
IGN: TeslaChronos / Face_Tankit
Okay so i've been playing around with blink arrow / mirror arrow summoner build and testing what works or not w/ it.

If you're interested in leveling with this build - it's very very effective and very safe.

All you need a good attackspeed roll on Storm Cloud bow and a quiver with %ele dmg with weapons, +cold damage and attackspeed. the attackspeed and weapon ele will super scale with anger/wrath and elemental equilibrium.

Support blink/mirror arrow with |trap|multitrap|minion dmg|pierce|weapon ele in that order if you can (or get tabula rasa)
In your Deerstalker run blink/mirror arrow with multitrap|lmp|pierce

if you have another 4 link or 5 link on stormcloud, you can run a blink arrow and mirror arrow linked with faster attacks, weapon ele dmg and minion damage. (this gives you mobility and an extra 3-4 minions that do massive single target damage to bosses)

I chose to go only LMP on the deerstalker link because i find that aoe is absolutely no problem and everything dies when you throw 2 traps down since pierce gets the job done well. That way your other links can be used without LMP to increase single target damage (by using weapon ele gem or minion dmg gem instead)

For the bosses that 1 shot aoe all your archers down (looking at you, vaal), minion instibility makes easy work of them.

remembering positioning with blink arrow + using convocation properly makes a huge difference in how much effective damage your minions do

I'm currently finishing up merciless with literally level 1-20 items still. The beaty of the build is that you dont need ANY stats from gear. you can become super tanky, or just run pure item rarity on all your gear ***although i'm not sure if your minion kills apply the rarity***

I haven't tested this out in maps yet, but it seems like the more aura nodes you get, the better it will scale. Might buy a good attackspeed thicket bow with + ele dmg on it instead of stormcloud and try that out.

Do you guys find more success using a physical bow / quiver and hatred or fast attackspeed bow with ele dmg + anger/wrath?

Anyway, hope this helps anyone interested in leveling w/ the build and having some fun!
A question about trap survivability - are you noticing many traps dying before being set off? I'm trying a witch version out on Torment, and it's a bit of a slog to go get Clever Construction which I noticed isn't in your skill tree.

A possible refinement I remember from someone's attempt at an Animated Weapon build way back when is the idea of 'prepping' with Elemental Equilibrium and a skill that does damage of a type other than your auras. So something like trap-ice nova-curse on hit-temp chains-elemental weakness. It's a quick -80+% resists on fire and lightning, and opens up your potential third aura slot for Haste or a defensive aura to make life a little easier on the minions.

"
totempole wrote:

I'm currently finishing up merciless with literally level 1-20 items still. The beaty of the build is that you dont need ANY stats from gear. you can become super tanky, or just run pure item rarity on all your gear ***although i'm not sure if your minion kills apply the rarity***

From the wiki: 'Your IIQ and IIR is added to the minion's support gems values to calculate drops'.
Last edited by Wee_Mad_Hamish on Dec 21, 2014, 2:58:41 PM
"
A question about trap survivability - are you noticing many traps dying before being set off? I'm trying a witch version out on Torment, and it's a bit of a slog to go get Clever Construction which I noticed isn't in your skill tree.

A possible refinement I remember from someone's attempt at an Animated Weapon build way back when is the idea of 'prepping' with Elemental Equilibrium and a skill that does damage of a type other than your auras. So something like trap-ice nova-curse on hit-temp chains-elemental weakness. It's a quick -80+% resists on fire and lightning, and opens up your potential third aura slot for Haste or a defensive aura to make life a little easier on the minions.

"
totempole wrote:

From the wiki: 'Your IIQ and IIR is added to the minion's support gems values to calculate drops'.

you do not need clever construction at all. traps dying is not an issue, especially with good placement. with multitrap it is rare that you will ever even notice if a few traps die before they all go off.

im currently testing elemental equilibrium along with an arc/cull/mf setup instead of the cwdt setup. so far so good.

awesome! thanks for the info on the iir/iiq.

Appreciate you taking the time, and let me know if theres anything else you need!

Big update for the build was moved to tonight/tomorrow night. i will update the written guide tonight and i will update the video guide tomorrow.

-ExponentialCrazy
HUGE update to the guide completed! I was intending to upload a new video guide tomorrow, but I'd like to make it a very high quality product, so I'm not going to rush it before Christmas break. My present to you guys will be a huge video update after the holiday.

As always, a GIGANTIC thank you to everyone who has contributed to the build. If i missed naming you, its because i am silly, not because your contributions werent appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by!

-Exponential Crazy
Hello guys !!

Well, cheers for the shout out :)

I think I came up with something fellahs ! I had the idea to actually go deep into the multiple auras while respecting the idea of the build which was that this had to be effective without spending tremoundous ammount of currency ! (===> Not going Low-Life)

That being say, the gear I'm gonna show does not reflect that idea but it can be done with cheap gear as well (because it's the best build of the game :p)

Spoiler

Let's get back to work : I had a Scion I wanted to re-spec, and I didn't want to spend any regrets on my ranger. I then had the idea to get Charisma and pretty much all the mana reservation nodes of the tree; good news, the Scion start is not far from a large part of these :) The idea then is to use Hatred - Haste===> With elemental bows such as a Maraketh Bow or a good WED Thiket Bow / Wrath / Anger.

==There are two different setups :

-The first one is about using a high Physical DPS Bow with a Drillneck and a Pierce Gem on the main damage dealer skill (5L-6L); For this setup, you use Hatred/Wrath/Anger.

-The second setup involves an Elemental Bow : I think the best ones (rares) are the Thicket Bow because they have a very good attack speed that scales by huge ammounts with the auras and the clones. The best mods for this bow will be Increased Weapon Elemental Damage, Increased Attack Speed, and the ideal for the rest is of course #Add Cold/Lighting/Fire Dmg.
Concerning the quiver, all you need are the same mods as the bow, so WED/AS/ELE DMG/ and accurracy is good because I am pretty sure it does apply to the accuracy of the clones; any %res and life will be good too :).
For this version of the build, of course you swap Hatred for Haste. In order to keep making Elemental Equilibrium effective (when you don't use Hatred) , you need some #add flat cold dmg on your gear, just to proc the effect or just swap a support gem for Added Cold Damage.

About the rest of the gear, it's the same as Exponential Crrrazy ;). I'm not sure about this, but I think the cheapest version of the build would be the (pure) elemental one.

Here is the tree lvl 80 :

Well it's not over of course, and it's probably not perfect as well so I'm open to any critcs :)

Here is how the tree should be looking like at the very end-game :

The gear I use : First Setup :
Spoiler

Second Setup :
Spoiler

A note about MF : This is the next gen MF Build !!! It's just too safe, and incredibly strong, this is the future haha. That's why the Windripper perfectly fits in place of the WED Bow, that and it scales very well with the AS of the Wr. I have a full MF setup idea but I'll do that some other days :p.

About my gear, there's of course stuff to improve but I'm happy with how it looks like today. A note about Dexterity : You'll need it on your gear and you'll need it on your tree. That's probably the issue of the Scion version : most of the best bows require 200+ Dex.

Here is the defence sheet :
Spoiler

About the lack of fire res, I feel like I'm at the top of a mountain, laughing at the climbers trying to get to me, when I'm using this build, so that lets you imagine how I feel about this hole in my defences. And anyway, the plan is to go and pick up some elemental res in the tree.

I'd like to thank (of course the creator of the build) and Totempole who planted the seed inside my mind !

We have to make a 5 man party with 5x Smith Agents Armies haha !

IGN: TeslaChronos / Face_Tankit
Last edited by JungTzu on Dec 24, 2014, 4:11:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info