[1.30 Video Guide]Ranger Smith-One Man Army Build! Blink Arrow/Mirror Arrow xD

Really cool build, many people thought about it, few went through with it :)

- I imagine since they don't get bonuses from the tree static damage should be quite good? Like added chaos/lightning/cold etc.

- Flesh Offering should be great.
"
Caliginosus wrote:
Awesome, good job on that!

Thanks friend!

"
StahlregenX wrote:
Looks like a fun build.

How about a Curse on Hit setup with Split Arrow? You're in the vicinity of Whispers of Doom anyway, so you could probably dual curse packs (I could see Punishment, Vulnerability, Projectile Weakness, Flammability or Temporal Chains working with the build) before you summon your army of clones.

Weapon Elemental Damage over PPAD could increase your damage output due to the larger % bonus and those elemental auras you're running. Did you try it out?

very interesting ideas. i thought about running dual curses when i was still tinkering with herald of thunder curse on hit, but i havent thought about doing it that way....

"
pneuma wrote:
Herald of Thunder/Ice do not give damage to the clones. It is purely a visual effect that the clones match your character. Can verify this by using a Crude Bow + no quiver/ammy/gloves/rings + Herald and watching damage effects on enemies. If they were doing Herald damage, you would see cold/lightning effects. Similarly, on crits you would see enemies frozen or shocked and they are not.

They do give their dmg bonus to auto attacks, but you are correct, they do not proc the extra effects. and yeah, drillneck and infractem are big, but i assume a high flat phys bow and quiver will be superior.

As for single targets with high damage, i make sure to stack my clones(especially the non trap mirror and blink) as close as possible to the target, so when they die the mob will take large dmg from instability. this usually makes single targets easy work.

"
darkmag07 wrote:
Animate weapon also really benefits from your skill effect duration nodes/auras. I guess you're pretty full on sockets, but maybe an unset ring could be used. It's a fun utility move and makes mapping even more enjoyable when you can turn white items into an army.

this is an awesome idea. awesome.

"
Joo wrote:
Really cool build, many people thought about it, few went through with it :)

- I imagine since they don't get bonuses from the tree static damage should be quite good? Like added chaos/lightning/cold etc.

- Flesh Offering should be great.

yes i am currently running added lightning and its awesome.

Thanks to everyone for stopping by and taking the time! loved the feedback, will do some more testing and let you kno what comes up!
Last edited by Naeblis720 on Dec 17, 2014, 6:20:10 PM
Questions about your skill tree.

I see you are went 'Alacrity' on the top right.
6 Points = +30 Intelligence & +50 Dexterity

Would it be better to take 'Balistic Mastery' for 2 points and 'Expertise' for 2 points?
4 points = 15% stun recovery / 20% increased Projectile Speed / 15% increased Projectile Damage / +50 to Dexterity / +10 Strength

That's 2 points for anything, I dunno, 'Bow Damage & Attack Speed' nodes? 'Mana Regeneration and Life' nodes?

If you need the Int for the build, take 'Wisdom of the Glade' or 'Ancestral Knowledge' for 1 point and you still have 1 point to put anywhere else.

This is just the first thing I noticed. I really like the idea of the build.
Hideout of the Week: Joe Schmoe VS. The Volcano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkuAWFPgcdQ

Still available in Standard.
You are welcome to see it for yourself anytime.
Last edited by Paion on Dec 17, 2014, 5:48:48 PM
"
Paion wrote:
Questions about your skill tree.

I see you are went 'Alacrity' on the top right.
6 Points = +30 Intelligence & +50 Dexterity

Would it be better to take 'Balistic Mastery' for 2 points and 'Expertise' for 2 points?
4 points = 15% stun recovery / 20% increased Projectile Speed / 15% increased Projectile Damage / +50 to Dexterity / +10 Strength

That's 2 points for anything, I dunno, 'Bow Damage & Attack Speed' nodes? 'Mana Regeneration and Life' nodes?

If you need the Int for the build, take 'Wisdom of the Glade' or 'Ancestral Knowledge' for 1 point and you still have 1 point to put anywhere else.

This is just the first thing I noticed. I really like the idea of the build.

Awesome thank you! I hadn't noticed that inefficiency in the tree. Ill update it tonight after i complete the full video guide. thanks very much for the feedback my friend!
Here's what I would try for the skill tree - not sure if it has enough dex, though.

I also see you're taking a lot of mana nodes - if it's a huge issue, going for EB (and possibly MoM or Cloak of Defiance as well) might be an idea, although it would of course take different gear - however I don't think you're getting much out of the evasion gear defensively, anyway.
I think AA might also have good synergy with Blink Arrow since you can reposition yourself without moving as much.
"
StahlregenX wrote:
Here's what I would try for the skill tree - not sure if it has enough dex, though.

I also see you're taking a lot of mana nodes - if it's a huge issue, going for EB (and possibly MoM or Cloak of Defiance as well) might be an idea, although it would of course take different gear - however I don't think you're getting much out of the evasion gear defensively, anyway.
I think AA might also have good synergy with Blink Arrow since you can reposition yourself without moving as much.

For dual curse thats pretty close to what i would go as well, my only concern would be im stretching my atk speed thin as it is,and youd be surprised how much a few extra dex nodes help with that.

As for AA and MoM, that could work. I may have to put together a few alternate versions.

food for thought...

Thanks again for the feedback!
Correct me if I'm wrong: you're using elemental auras to buff your clones. They don't benefit from physical/projectile/elemental damage passives, only from minion passives. I'm guessing they don't benefit from trap damage either.

I would go for life, aura, minion and skill duration nodes, starting as witch, going through mana regeneration nodes. You only get some life and dexterity from ranger, not worth spending 20 skill points for in my opinion. As for accuracy you can get 400 on helm, gloves, rings and amulet each, stop being lazy with gearing, the little bit from extra dex isn't worth spending passive points. :p

Aura effect nodes should be your main focus since it buffs the damage of the minions, also consider running generosity. Dual curse can also improve your damage greatly (most curses should benefit you since your clones deal both physical and elemental damage).

Some food for thought: What is the critical strike chance of your minions? Can you scale it in any way? Elemental bow with 'hits can't be evaded' prefix and high aps(+crit?) suffix could be better. Running wrath, anger, herald of ice and thunder would provide a lot of flat elemental damage.

Good luck with the build, it looks mad :D
"
Julchiar wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong: you're using elemental auras to buff your clones. They don't benefit from physical/projectile/elemental damage passives, only from minion passives. I'm guessing they don't benefit from trap damage either.

I would go for life, aura, minion and skill duration nodes, starting as witch, going through mana regeneration nodes. You only get some life and dexterity from ranger, not worth spending 20 skill points for in my opinion. As for accuracy you can get 400 on helm, gloves, rings and amulet each, stop being lazy with gearing, the little bit from extra dex isn't worth spending passive points. :p

Aura effect nodes should be your main focus since it buffs the damage of the minions, also consider running generosity. Dual curse can also improve your damage greatly (most curses should benefit you since your clones deal both physical and elemental damage).

Some food for thought: What is the critical strike chance of your minions? Can you scale it in any way? Elemental bow with 'hits can't be evaded' prefix and high aps(+crit?) suffix could be better. Running wrath, anger, herald of ice and thunder would provide a lot of flat elemental damage.

Good luck with the build, it looks mad :D

All very good suggestions! I'm actually going to be running bloodlines with a witch variant of this. I've added the skill tree to the OP. Thanks for the great advice, and thanks for taking the time!

Also, big update to the guide! check it out!
Last edited by Naeblis720 on Dec 18, 2014, 3:22:03 AM
I`m making build like that, but form Sion not th witch and now it works well but...
1)How did you test that heralds add damage to clones, yes they have the animation do not proc the effect, but how did u get that flat damage is adding. Do u have video or a way to test it clearly.
2)Since you are a necromanser with a bow you can you spectres to cast curses you need (necromancers or reanimaters - they do some extra zombies aswell), or to boost you attack in other way: frenzy charges of monkey or arc casting mages in act 3 (shock+lightning thorns).

I try to use GMP, LMP and just damage with penetration and pure damage is killing packs of mobs faster. Do you realy need them?

What about landing mines and them activeting Blink arrow with them? No need for multitrap
"
Kirikamori wrote:
I`m making build like that, but form Sion not th witch and now it works well but...
1)How did you test that heralds add damage to clones, yes they have the animation do not proc the effect, but how did u get that flat damage is adding. Do u have video or a way to test it clearly.
2)Since you are a necromanser with a bow you can you spectres to cast curses you need (necromancers or reanimaters - they do some extra zombies aswell), or to boost you attack in other way: frenzy charges of monkey or arc casting mages in act 3 (shock+lightning thorns).

I try to use GMP, LMP and just damage with penetration and pure damage is killing packs of mobs faster. Do you realy need them?

What about landing mines and them activeting Blink arrow with them? No need for multitrap

Hey, there! thanks for taking the time to read and comment, really appreciate it! As for your questions:

1. I was being silly. I was reading the wrong tooltips like a nub. hahaha.

2. I have often considered running other summons, as I have already gotten many of the nodes. I just haven't gotten there quite yet. There are a lot of possibilities here, and honestly, they all seem awesome to me, so I'm not entirely sure where to start. I've added in the OP the option for running other summons as a thought, but as I level the witch version in bloodlines, I will be doing much more in depth testing.

Thanks again, and look for updates soon!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info