[1.3]KuteKitteh's Tanky Incinerate, +100k DPS. Fast clear, affordable, Atziri viable!

"
DarrkPhoenix wrote:
In short- absolutely fantastic build you've made here, KuteKitteh. Although on the downside you've really spoiled me when it comes to building any new characters.
That's a huge con for me too, tbh. Every time I make a niche sub-optimal build, I always think "I could do better than that!"
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
You mention multiple times that it is immune to elemental reflect; how do you accomplish this?
"
Jacob3791 wrote:
You mention multiple times that it is immune to elemental reflect; how do you accomplish this?

The main factor in this is the use of arctic armor, which provides a flat damage reduction to fire damage. The reflected fire damage of each incinerate hit is below this flat reduction amount, so is fully negated. Cold and lightning damage from heralds isn't negated, but usually isn't high enough to do more damage than you're leeching back, although with particularly high-level heralds you may need to turn one of them off on reflect maps.
I see in pros and cons you say it has mind over matter. How do you get to that? Your tree for lvl 90 has 12 points left and it's 13 points away from mind over matter. Not that I am even there, I just hit lvl 70 with this build and up until about 65 I was on full cruise, then i noticed that I am moving like a snail and getting reked because warp either delayed or fizzled. I ended up adding whirling blades just so I could run out of danger for now. How did you overcome the brutally slow movement speed...otherwise I am enjoying this build and will continue hoping I don't hit that brick wall...
"
Svingali wrote:
I see in pros and cons you say it has mind over matter. How do you get to that? Your tree for lvl 90 has 12 points left and it's 13 points away from mind over matter. Not that I am even there, I just hit lvl 70 with this build and up until about 65 I was on full cruise, then i noticed that I am moving like a snail and getting reked because warp either delayed or fizzled. I ended up adding whirling blades just so I could run out of danger for now. How did you overcome the brutally slow movement speed...otherwise I am enjoying this build and will continue hoping I don't hit that brick wall...

Cloak of Defiance
I use this wand

I know its not really good, but I play selffound and the trick is the projectile speed on it. So I don't need the faster Projectiles gem and can take a chaos damage / magic find instead of it.

With a chaos damage gem it's not that worse than a doryanis because the chaos damage doesn't profit from it anyway. But I think it's worth the free gem slot.

It's 63% spelldamage, in comparision with 104% elemental damage, but 9% more castspeed which compensates it a bit.

Without it and only the 20% quality bonus the range of the fire would be a bit too short for my playstyle.

Todo: 6-link the cloak of defiance. 4 5-links so far, and 300 fusings down the drain.
Damn, this one looks super powerfull.
IGN - Blackdepp
I read all posts here. But I did not understand, is this build Uber/Mortal Atziri viable? Now I'm at lvl 85 with 5,5k health and I want to go to Uber Atziri after her normal version will be easy to kill.
Last edited by KickMind on Apr 9, 2015, 1:32:33 PM
Hello

In your stats it's written damage per second : 5000

But you said you had 100 000 dps ???

I don't understand, is there a way to calculate it ?

thanks
"
Shinro28 wrote:
Hello

In your stats it's written damage per second : 5000

But you said you had 100 000 dps ???

I don't understand, is there a way to calculate it ?

thanks

It's important to remember that tooltip dps != actual dps.

The tooltip display shows what the dps is at stage 0 for a single stream of fire. However Incinerate gives 100% MORE dmg per stage after that with a max of 3 stages.

Thus each stream at stage 3 does 5000 * 4 = 20 000 dmg. With Kitteh's build you reach stage 3 VERY quickly so it is safe to assume that you are at max stage all the time.

In addition, with GMP you have 5 streams. Assuming that you are close enough to shotgun a mob with all 5 streams this means that you do 20 000 * 5 = 100 000 dmg.

The general rule for calculating Incin dmg, assuming you have a decent amount of cast speed and are shotgunning, is:

actual dps = tooltip_dps * 4 * no_of_projectile_streams

Thanks for the awesome build Kitteh! IncineKate is still my go-to char for fun and performance (think horrible maps which I dare not do on any other char) on Standard. Now if only I could get the damn colours on my +1 Rainbowstride right for Enhancing my AA as well as Empowering it. Soooo many Vaal orbs. T_T
Last edited by f4sak3n on Apr 8, 2015, 1:00:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info