[1.3]KuteKitteh's Tanky Incinerate, +100k DPS. Fast clear, affordable, Atziri viable!

I ended up doing the gcp recipe with my gems at lvl 20. so then I had Q20 on all of them and releveled them up for extra dps. The heralds get 15% increased lightning/ice damage. The projectile speed and gmp gems each get 10% cast speed. Incinerate gets 40% projectile speed. spell echo gets 10% spell damage, and faster casting gets 15% bonus cast speed.

You might initially lose some dps when you reset the gems, but you can fix that by using lvled backup gems until the quality ones get lvls on them. I also use spell totem + arc + faster casting in my dory's catalyst for distractions, finding hard-to-see/offscreen enemies, and shock proliferation for extra damage.
Delirium IGN: Language
this my first time looking at an incinerate build... always thought it was too cookie cutter, but i caved D:

Anyways im impressed by the build, however was wondering if you guys could answer a few questions that baffle me.

Tooltip dps is like 5K, but what is the actual dps? How is he able to clear 75 maps with just 5k dps?

Also why not use herald of fire on the doryanis for the extra poliferation / clear speed like a lot of other doryani builds?

Anyone got any insight?
If you go to the poe wiki page for incinerate, it better explains the math behind the stages and how each stage increases the spell damage. At the final stage (4th), you would be at a 300% spell damage boost, which doesn't reveal itself in the tooltip. The tooltip is essentially displaying stage 1 dps. The other reason for extra damage is that each projectile has that dps, so you can 'shotgun' larger/closer enemies for up to 5x damage boost.

Herald of ash is only for 'attacks' or physical damage. Therefor, it doesn't work with fire spells.
Delirium IGN: Language
Great, thank you this was exactly what i was looking for.

Also would curse on hit with herald be effective, so we can auto apply elemental weakness? while activation elemental equilibrium as well?

furthermore, this is for those who have had success with this build: is it uber viable and has anyone tried yet?

Anyways I am going to try and build this today and see how it goes, got a free shadow 81 to test out :)
Great build, interesting read. I'm doing something not too dissimilar based on PewPewPew's LW/Incinerate Scion build. Hope you could have a look at where I'm at and offer some feedback. You seem to have a much better understanding of the game mechanics than I.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211253

Thanks
Don't have a COD, Have a Belly of the beast. will it make me tanky? Or is it a waste of time?
"
SlyDogNz wrote:
Don't have a COD, Have a Belly of the beast. will it make me tanky? Or is it a waste of time?

While Belly of the Beast will give you a decent boost in life, it won't really compare with the 30/40% damage reduction you'd be getting from MoM with a CoD. The build will still work just fine and you'll still have good survivability, just not quite as much as with a CoD, so if you decide you like the build you'd eventually want to switch up to a CoD.

One of the great parts of this build is that no single item makes or breaks it; some certainly contribute a lot (CoD, Geofri's Crest, and Doryani's Catalyst), but ultimately it's a build you can outfit one piece at a time while still maintaining effectiveness all the way through.

can confirm it's Atziri viable, made a slight alteration though

moved the heralds and clarity onto my gloves 4 link instead so I could keep my Empower + level 21 AA.
Once again, sorry I haven't been able to respond. I had another busy exam week followed by a service trip, so I was MIA for quite a while. Thank you all for your great feedback, and hopefully I will be around to update this build for 1.4.

@reetismatic, you're more than welcome to chat with me if you have a voip like teamspeak. I don't guarantee that I'll necessarily be available, especially any time this coming week, but when I am you can call dibs on it.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
I posted a bit earlier in the thread, but since then I've been seeing how far I can push this build and wanted to share the results.

Currently level 93, with 5.4k life. My standard gear/gem setup gives 9k tooltip dps, on what is essentially a 4-link; IIR and IIQ gems are used in the last two slots of the incinerate setup, giving overall iir/iiq of 170/43. Switching to a more serious gem setup (swapping iir and iiq for added chaos damage and lvl 3 empower) boosts tooltip dps to 11.8k; similar results are also achieved using a 20/20 faster projectiles instead of empower.

Stats
Spoiler

Standard setup

High dps setup

Defense

Gear
Spoiler

Nearly all of the gear is self-found/self-made as well (while playing this character); the only big spend item was the 6L Cloak. Overall the combination of offense, defense, and gear flexibility (and resulting ability to stack iir) is something very few other builds are able to fully match. I've partied with people playing other fairly popular builds and clear speed is easily comparable while survivability is significantly higher. There are certainly builds out there with much higher damage potential and survivability, but the cost of entry for those is far beyond even high-end gear for this build.

There are also elements of this build that people may not fully appreciate just by looking at the stats. Consistency in both offense and defense makes for a very reliable playing experience; lack of crit means damage output is very consistent (no waiting for a crit roll to pop a mob, and no danger of things going sideways due to crit on a large reflect mob), and defense based on being a damage sponge means deaths are quite rare once you learn your character's limits (no failures of chance-based defense mechanisms resulting in essentially random deaths). The damage from incinerate also remains excellent whether against large mobs, stragglers, or high-life single targets, and regardless of what overall terrain is like (open spaces vs tight spaces), an attribute that few other attack setups possess; this really helps with overall clear speeds in practice.

In short- absolutely fantastic build you've made here, KuteKitteh. Although on the downside you've really spoiled me when it comes to building any new characters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info