[1.3]KuteKitteh's Tanky Incinerate, +100k DPS. Fast clear, affordable, Atziri viable!

Lv78 now and both life and DPS are just under 4000. What should I upgrade first?
I've looked on poe.trade and I'm having trouble finding ring upgrade, even though my rings are both self found very early on.

How close am I to being ready for Atziri?
Hello, i have a question. All energy shield is change to mana, what is the point to use discipline? Now i have 5k mana, when i use discipline it change to 6.5k, but 42% is use by discipline, so actually it is 3.8k.
Kute, I will actually say it. Your build can be improved.

Here what I have to suggest.

Passive

Gem setup
Spoiler
On a 5 link, drop empower.

You really need to understand the mechanics behind fire resistance and fire penetration to really understand why I choose this setup instead of yours.

Added Chaos is not that great with a 30% effectiveness. I know, I know there aren't many mobs with chaos res so its pretty good, I completely agree. But what you should also consider is the fact that in maps, pretty much EVERY mob has elemental resistance. Not only they have resistance, they are unbelievably over-capped. Sometimes reaching the highs of 150% of single resistance with a little less of the other elements.

A single curse will have literally effectiveness against these kind of monsters. But on the other hand, fire penetration is just a wonder. It effectively removes 37%(level 20 fire pen and the passive) of their Capped Resistance bring it down to a mere 38%. The sheer amount of damage you gain by this simple reduction is UNPARALLELED! No added chaos or what ever added damage you can bring to the mix that can come close to a penetration gem.

For that reason, I took off cast speed nodes because you can reach the same amount of cast speed with quality gems
and saving you 6 passive points. With these points you can grab the fire cluster to boost even more your fire damage that automatically synergies with fire penetration.

Finally, I chose empower as the 6th gem. This baby is just unreal giving +2 to Incinerate.

You can still use Elemental Weakness gem to help your Cold and Lightning damage.

Aura Setup
Spoiler
Last edited by gtrans on Jan 3, 2015, 5:43:46 AM
while i can't argue with some of the modifications, such as fire pen, i have to question the passive tree.

it seems that you have taken off several defensive nodes, such as constitution by the scion wheel and righteous decree near the paladin area. that feels a little risky and im not sure how much your survivability would be affected by that.

in addition, would your build be equally effective without Q20 gems? not all of us have that much money.

finally, the dropping of faster projectiles makes my range significantly shorter. not sure if that will affect gameplay.

atm im ussing infernal mantle for the 5L but the cloak is no legacy, what think is best for use?
"
gtrans wrote:

Added Chaos is not that great with a 30% effectiveness. I know, I know there aren't many mobs with chaos res so its pretty good, I completely agree. But what you should also consider is the fact that in maps, pretty much EVERY mob has elemental resistance. Not only they have resistance, they are unbelievably over-capped. Sometimes reaching the highs of 150% of single resistance with a little less of the other elements.

A single curse will have literally effectiveness against these kind of monsters. But on the other hand, fire penetration is just a wonder. It effectively removes 37%(level 20 fire pen and the passive) of their Capped Resistance bring it down to a mere 38%. The sheer amount of damage you gain by this simple reduction is UNPARALLELED! No added chaos or what ever added damage you can bring to the mix that can come close to a penetration gem.

If the mob has 112% or over fire resistance, the fire penetration gem effectively does nothing.

So far in maps, I've tried

gmp - spell echo - added chaos - faster casting
gmp - spell echo - added chaos - added lightning
gmp - spell echo - added lightning - faster casting
gmp - spell echo - added chaos - fire penetration
gmp - spell echo - fire penetration - faster casting
gmp - spell echo - fire penetration - added lightning

These are in order of my perceived clearing speed.

Fire penetration add 37% to the fire portion of the damage to non-resist mobs, and up to 50% damage to the fire portion of the damage if the enemy is exactly at the cap. But remember you're running the heralds, so that doesn't increase total damage by that much.

Currently I'm at 1906 fire, 913 chaos, 706 lightning, and 394 cold damage with heralds up. So the fire portion is less than half of the actual damage. So in the best scenario, fire penetration add 25% damage, while in the non resists situation it adds 18% damage, while in the worst scenario, it adds nothing.

Added chaos diversifies your damage types and it helps regardless of the resistances of the mobs. Faster casting is a multiplier to your total damage.

Fire pen is viable, but it's not better than added chaos. It's probably tied with added lightning in a 6 link if you don't have empower, or you can use it as an alternative when you're using a chest without the right colored sockets.

Overall, the differences are minor, but I think the original build comes out on top.

Last edited by LilCroissant on Jan 3, 2015, 12:23:07 PM
"
gtrans wrote:
Spoiler
Kute, I will actually say it. Your build can be improved.

Here what I have to suggest.

Passive

Gem setup
Spoiler
On a 5 link, drop empower.

You really need to understand the mechanics behind fire resistance and fire penetration to really understand why I choose this setup instead of yours.

For that reason, I took off cast speed nodes because you can reach the same amount of cast speed with quality gems
and saving you 6 passive points. With these points you can grab the fire cluster to boost even more your fire damage that automatically synergies with fire penetration.

Finally, I chose empower as the 6th gem. This baby is just unreal giving +2 to Incinerate.

You can still use Elemental Weakness gem to help your Cold and Lightning damage.

Aura Setup
Spoiler
Duly noted, and it is true that Firepen will net more DPS in ideal-case scenarios of overcap-resist enemies. However, the reason why I didn't go the stack-firedmg route was because of the dual heralds. If you do the TRUE damage effectiveness calculations for all the spells, you will find that incinerate actually holds the record for the best damage effectiveness in the entire game. This is primarily because it has an innate 4x multiplier and a 2.5x multiplier from GMP on top of its high cast speed.

Currently, if I unequip my Added Chaos gem, 52% of my damage comes from Incinerate, while 48% comes from the two heralds - and that's already with +56% fire damage, so effectively less than half my base DPS is fire. That means that, if I throw in Fire Pen, half my DPS will get some 30-34% penetration. The damage model for this build was essentially modeled after the 1.1/1.2 Elemental Buzzsaw ideology, where you just stack more and more damage on top of your Anger and Wrath. If you used Fire pen or Lightning pen on a buzzsaw build, you'd get laughed at to death. Same thing here - half your damage is fire, so using fire pen here is pretty much the same as using Fire pen on a buzzsaw build.

For spells with low TRUE damage effectiveness or little reliance on diversifying element types (e.g. Arc or Flameblast), penetration gives a huge DPS boost. For Incinerate, however, I perceived that its insane damage effectiveness had to be exploited with stacking various damage types rather than focusing it on fire and using a fire pen gem. Throwing in Added Chaos will not only give a direct 21% more DPS boost, it'll also diversify the damage types and synergize extremely well with Atziri's Promise.

All in all, the decision to use ACD and focus on generic damage + Cast speed was fourfold:
-exploit Incinerate's insanely high true damage effectiveness
-reduce the resistance issue by inflicting chaos damage
-reduce the likelihood of reflecting elemental damage (yes, even from the heralds)
-give a source of max-speed leech via Atziri's Promise, especially for those without Doryani's.
In that aspect, it's a utility-damage hybrid gem. We're already at a point where DPS is perfectly fine as it is, as I can mow down an Atziri split phase in roughly 1 second under ideal conditions (i.e. using an EW totem). Past that point, the real issue is survivability and utility. As you may be aware, Incinerate already has very poor synergy with leech, and the most efficient way for this build to achieve maximum leech on a single target (*coughAtzirirunscough*) is to use ACD + Atziri's Promise.

Also, keep in mind that both of us are using Q20 gems. Most people using the build are in Torment, and I specifically constructed the tree to be most efficient for people who don't necessarily have access to the amazing gems we have. I'm not saying it's not efficient for Q20 gems (since that's the setup I have and I'm getting along perfectly fine), just saying that your tree is even less effective for those without the gems we have.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Jan 3, 2015, 12:51:23 PM
"
LilCroissant wrote:
Lv78 now and both life and DPS are just under 4000. What should I upgrade first?
I've looked on poe.trade and I'm having trouble finding ring upgrade, even though my rings are both self found very early on.

Get a better belt with more resists. That will give you more leeway on your rings, where you should stack mana regen and life. Doryani's Catalyst will help a ton. Also use FC instead of ALD on incinerate :P

Atziri depends on your experience with her. If you've atziri'd extensively in the past, a few more levels should be dandy for you. If you haven't really atziri'd before, you definitely want more levels (high 80's) so your gems will be higher level and you'll have a larger health pool. Aim for ~4.5k HP minimum, never mind your DPS.

Also consider getting an ES or ES-hybrid life glove for Atz runs.

"
qbatronix wrote:
Hello, i have a question. All energy shield is change to mana, what is the point to use discipline? Now i have 5k mana, when i use discipline it change to 6.5k, but 42% is use by discipline, so actually it is 3.8k.
Discipline increases your mana regen. Your base mana regen increases when you have more mana, so increasing your mana pool with disc increases your base mana regen.

"
HashFTW wrote:

atm im ussing infernal mantle for the 5L but the cloak is no legacy, what think is best for use?
CoD.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Jan 3, 2015, 12:56:51 PM
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
"
LilCroissant wrote:

Get a better belt with more resists. That will give you more leeway on your rings, where you should stack mana regen and life. Doryani's Catalyst will help a ton. Also use FC instead of ALD on incinerate :P

Atziri depends on your experience with her. If you've atziri'd extensively in the past, a few more levels should be dandy for you. If you haven't really atziri'd before, you definitely want more levels (high 80's) so your gems will be higher level and you'll have a larger health pool. Aim for ~4.5k HP minimum, never mind your DPS.

Also consider getting an ES or ES-hybrid life glove for Atz runs.

Actually I just bought that belt. The problem with getting better rings is not the cost or the resistances. I can take off my cold ring and still have capped resists. The problem is that I can't find any upgrades in Torment on poe.trade. I think I could actually craft mana regen on both rings I have currently if I wanted to, and I see nothing available that would be better than that other than one ring that has nearly perfect rolls of crit chance + mana regen + life + cast speed that costs 4ex. Everything else available is garbage compared to what I have.

I did switch in FC instead of ALD, I only had 1 FC gem at the time, now I got a 2nd one that goes with the lightning wrap.

No Atziri experience yet, and I'm at 4k for life, mana, and dps at lv79. I guess from the looks of it, only thing I can practically upgrade is the glove. That will probably take me to close to 4500 life.

Just alched this from a ilvl78 base... any idea how much this is worth?

No mana regen, but the ES% and the mana still adds a bit to it. Mostly I'm just using it for the IIR without sacrificing damage.
I this HC viable?

wondering if I should try it on bloodlines.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info