Atziri's Acuity nerf is not a NEW MECHANIC or Double Standard!

"
monkuar wrote:

Yeah, but:

"Atziri's Acuity: The modifier that makes leech apply instantly on critical strikes now has it apply instantly at 60% effectiveness. Existing versions of this item are affected by this change."

The modifier that makes leech apply was the only thing that changed. It's not a new game mechanic for that specific item, it's just a lowered percent % chance to proc is my point man. (100% to 60%) chance (or percent).

There is no proc though, the life leech happens always and instantly with the old and with the new Acuity. Effectiveness doesn't mean chance to proc, it doesn't set if you will leech, it just sets how much you will leech.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
monkuar wrote:
The modifier that makes leech apply was the only thing that changed. It's not a new game mechanic for that specific item, it's just a lowered percent % chance to proc is my point man. (100% to 60%) chance (or percent).

It's a new mechanic from a programming perspective. And it's all that matters here.
"
TheWretch wrote:
NO

That's not an argument, GGG has changed uniques in this manner all the time. There is objectively nothing different about the changes to the unique.
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

Instantly is how fast the life is regenerating (or healing you, if it's instant, your life leech procs faster). In this case, the gloves used to be instant, but now only work 60% of the time. That's what I got out of reading the new description anyways. It's a numerical value difference only. 100% chance to proc life leech, down to 60%. It's a nerf, and it's by 40% which again, is a numeral value difference. There is no double standard, it's just GGG's way of re-wording the item description. (To make it more confusing or not, who knows)

But the instant part never changed. The life leech is still instant. There is no proc chance or anything. Effectiveness just means the leech amount is smaller. Like before you have 10% life leech and do 1000 damage = you leech 100 hp instantly. Now with 10% life leech and 1000 damage = you leech 60 hp instantly.

Yeah, but:

"Atziri's Acuity: The modifier that makes leech apply instantly on critical strikes now has it apply instantly at 60% effectiveness. Existing versions of this item are affected by this change."

Your not really helping yourself mate, it's not about the proc it's about the rate of leech that has reduced effectiveness, 100% leech RATE, down to 60% leech RATE, 100% of the time on Crit. chance has nothing to do with the change.

GGG consider it a mechanic change not a numerical one.
Last edited by facelessman122 on Dec 12, 2014, 5:15:15 AM
"
monkuar wrote:

Then it would read "Critical Strikes have 60% chance to Leech instantly".

You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

The "Leech occurs instantly" mod has been changed to "Leech occurs instantly at 60%"

The item still points to the same mod location, but the old mod is replaced, never to be seen again. I didn't realise this was such a hard concept.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
OP, have you used Vaal Pact from the tree?

"
Spede_P wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

It's a new mechanic from a programming perspective. And it's all that matters here.

How is changing the life leech rate (instantly) [100%] to 60% a new item mechanic? To me, it seems like it is just a basic percentage nerf to the item. That's my point in my video.. It was just a simple numerical % change and everyone is freaking out about it. The item still uses the same mechanic (life leech, but only at 60% effectiveness [rate] ).
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Dec 12, 2014, 5:16:27 AM
"
GooberM wrote:
"
Therealshotzz wrote:
guys, lets change topic.. uhm.. how about everyone joining my giveaway in item-showcase subforum? :D

But I posted this afternoon, already

im losing track of everybody who entered, in 45min i'll be giving it all away and then i can finally go sleep after being awake for 29 hours Q_Q
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Spede_P wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

How is changing the life leech rate (instantly) [100%] to 60% a new item mechanic? To me, it seems like it is just a basic percentage nerf to the item. That's my point in my video.. It was just a simple numerical % change and everyone is freaking out about it. The item still uses the same mechanic (life leech, but only at 60% effectiveness [rate] ).

do you finally understand our point tho? everybody makes mistakes, its no problem that you misunderstood something thats basically the same as.. vaal pact..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info