Atziri's Acuity nerf is not a NEW MECHANIC or Double Standard!

"
Therealshotzz wrote:

do you finally understand our point tho? everybody makes mistakes, its no problem that you misunderstood something thats basically the same as.. vaal pact..

Yeah, but what if he thinks Vaal Pact only applies 40% of the time, though?
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
monkuar wrote:
How is changing the life leech rate (instantly) [100%] to 60% a new item mechanic? To me, it seems like it is just a basic percentage nerf to the item.

Because the previous mod didn't specify leech rate. To change it to 60%, GGG had to make a whole new mod.
"
Spede_P wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
How is changing the life leech rate (instantly) [100%] to 60% a new item mechanic? To me, it seems like it is just a basic percentage nerf to the item.

Because the previous mod didn't specify leech rate. To change it to 60%, GGG had to make a whole new mod.

Oh my God..

The previous MOD was the "100%" RATE. How many times do I have to say this? It already EXISTED. that's why Chris said:

"Atziri's Acuity: The modifier that makes leech apply instantly on critical strikes now has it apply instantly at 60% effectiveness. Existing versions of this item are affected by this change."

'The MODIFIER' (PAST TENSE, ALREADY EXISTED)
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
GooberM wrote:
"
Therealshotzz wrote:

do you finally understand our point tho? everybody makes mistakes, its no problem that you misunderstood something thats basically the same as.. vaal pact..

Yeah, but what if he thinks Vaal Pact only applies 40% of the time, though?

idk.. i might just lose hope in humanity then.
"
Spede_P wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

It's not a whole new mod, if it was, we would have a legacy Acuity (Rory said when completely new mods are added to uniques there will be legacy versions of that unique). The mod just got changed from 'instantly' to 'instantly with 60% effectivenes' which means no legacy.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
I transcribed the whole video just for fun and because it makes even less sense and sounds even more like gibberish when you read it as opposed to listening to it;

"Alright guys, I'm making this video, *extremely bemused tone* because I cannot believe these guys do not understand this, okay? So the issue is, Atziri's Acuity, the modifier that makes leech apply instantly on critical strikes, now has it apply instantly at 60% effectiveness. OKAY GUYS, look up the word effectiveness. That is RATE, it is the RATE, the degree to which something is successful in producing a desired result of success. It's another word for the rate. So if you go to Atziri's Acuity, leech applies INSTANTLY at 100%. So let's go to notepad. 100%. Okay so, leech applies instantly, that is 100% chance. So, leech applies 100% chance on critical strikes, okay? And the value got changed to 60% effectiveness, which is 60% chance. So now, leech applies at a, leech applies 60% chance on critical strikes. Leech applies at 60% chance. Leech applies instantly is 100% and they decreased it by 40% which is the difference um to 60% so the final version is leech applies at 60% chance on critical strikes. It's the same thing, it's a numerical value difference! It's 100% leech to 60% he says it right here in his post. The value changes from 100% leech efficiency to 60% but you changed the text so text = mechanic it's the same thing! It doesn't matter if it's saying.. It doesn't matter about the wording, it's the same logic behind the, the item. It's the same mechanic, it's the same mechanic, okay, it applies instantly that's 100% chance, applies instantly 100% chance applies 60% on critical strikes. So, right here.. uhh, now it has applies instantly at 60% effectiveness.

SO WHAT DID YOU WANT THEM TO SAY?

What do you, what did you want GGG to say, leech applies at a 60% uhh rate on critical strikes? THAT DOESN'T SOUND PROFESSIONAL AT ALL? What do you want them to say? If they have to change up the text just a little bit, to make the item flavor uhh description on the item sound professional, they have every right to do that, but it's a numerical value difference, it's not, there's no double standard here, so I dunno why you guys don't understand this. It's like FUCK DUDE argh"

k that's fkn epic.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Spede_P wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

Oh my God..

The previous MOD was the "100%" RATE. How many times do I have to say this? It already EXISTED. that's why Chris said:

"Atziri's Acuity: The modifier that makes leech apply instantly on critical strikes now has it apply instantly at 60% effectiveness. Existing versions of this item are affected by this change."

the 'modifier' didnt have a defined value before, they added that. therefore, they changed the mod.
"
monkuar wrote:

Oh my God..

There was no rate specified in the old acuity. There was no effectiveness rate coded into the item. That rate is new and substantially changes how the MODIFIER (why caps?) works, thus there will be no legacy Acuity.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
monkuar wrote:

Oh my God..

You couldn't change a numerical value in this existing mod. That's why they had to make a new one, smartass.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

Oh my God..

There was no rate specified in the old acuity. There was no effectiveness rate coded into the item. That rate is new and substantially changes how the MODIFIER (why caps?) works, thus there will be no legacy Acuity.

Dude, the RATE on the old acuity was the 100% rate... (APPLIED INSTANT is 100% chance).
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info