Atziri's Acuity nerf is not a NEW MECHANIC or Double Standard!

"
GooberM wrote:
Now I see you're only debating whether it's a new modifier or not. Does that mean you finally understand how the mod works, after we've relentlessly tried to explain it to you?

I'm not debating it was a new modifier or not. It's NOT A NEW MODIFIER. It always existed before, the 100% chance.

I already wrote this a few posts above. See the patch notes for Acuity:

Atziri's Acuity: The modifier that makes leech apply instantly on critical strikes now has it apply instantly at 60% effectiveness. Existing versions of this item are affected by this change.

'The modifier that makes' is already assuming there is a modifier already, and it's at 100% chance. That was reduced to 60% effectiveness. It's simple math, 100-40% = 60%. Numerical Value change only, no new mechanic was applied here.

I'm not going to keep repeating this now, I'm done. Have a nice day everyone, see you in the new leagues exiles.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Dec 12, 2014, 6:03:19 AM
"
monkuar wrote:
"
GooberM wrote:
Now I see you're only debating whether it's a new modifier or not. Does that mean you finally understand how the mod works, after we've relentlessly tried to explain it to you?

I'm not debating it was a new modifier or not. It's NOT A NEW MODIFIER. It always existed before, the 100% chance.

Atziri's Acuity: The modifier that makes leech apply instantly on critical strikes now has it apply instantly at 60% effectiveness. Existing versions of this item are affected by this change.

'The modifier that makes' is already assuming there is a modifier already, and it's at 100% chance. That was reduced to 60% effectiveness. It's simple math, 100-40% = 60%. Numerical Value change only, no new mechanic was applied here.

I'm not going to keep repeating this now, I'm done. Have a nice day everyone, see you in the new leagues exiles.

Since you chose to ignore my main point, which was understanding that it's still instant leech, all the time, but you get less life back, I'll just assume you finally understood thanks to us and you're too shy to admit it.

There's no shame in admitting you were wrong about something though.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Dec 12, 2014, 6:08:44 AM
So I saw your video, OP. I suggest taking it down, if you don't mind some friendly advice.
"
monkuar wrote:
"
GooberM wrote:

If you prefer to stay ignorant, so be it.
Have a good day.
Oh and btw, in regards to why there's no legacy Acuity's.

"
Chris wrote:
In this case the source code (that interpreted the value) changed. Therefore the items still have the same value and all are affected because 1.3.0 runs on the new source code.

So yeah, programming.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Dec 12, 2014, 6:31:38 AM
who the hell cares. Acuity deserved a nerf and it got what it deserved. I couldn't care less about whiners from legacy leagues. Thank you GGG for nerfing what should be nerfed. And to any loss of ingame wealthy due to this nerf, it only affects permanent leagues anyways which means the currency is worthless anyways.
OMG Fail at original posters lack of understanding, calm explanations, overall attitude.

Nice to be able to troll on it though. glad to see the item nerfed somewhat. Enjoy the new leagues.
I had quite a laugh reading all of your comments OP, not sure if you're trolling or just really lack understanding of simple logic but here's a breakdown of how acuity works now:

let's say you get 8% life leech from your items, with Atziri's Acuity your critical strikes will ALWAYS leech life INSTANTLY.
the only change that was made was to the EFFECTIVENESS of the leech, as in, instead of leeching 8% of your crit's damage it will now leech only 60%x8% [0.6x0.08=0.048], which would be 4.8%.

GGG basically reworked the effectiveness on Acuity to work the same as 'Vaal Pact' [though the numerical value of the effectiveness changed from 40% to 60%] though it triggers only on critical strikes.

This is what the change to effectiveness means, effectiveness has no correlation at all to chance, and the leech is still INSTANT.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info