GGG Please Read, OLD SCHOOL Gamers view of 1.3 ( A constructive QQ dif from the patch tears )

Old School gamers don't realize that the games they used to play were imbalanced as all hell and developers didn't correct the imbalance issues not because they didn't want to, but because they didn't have the technology to do it!!

It always amazes me how people don't think the basis of their opinions through.

No developer in the old days was 100% happy with game balance, they just couldn't zap everyone's cartridges and update to a new version. Guild Wars 1 and League of Legends are shining examples of how EXCITING and INTERESTING regular balance patches can make a game. Every other week is like a mini expansion pack was released in Guild Wars 1 because they would sometimes completely reinvent and over used or under used ability. Which of course opened up new imbalances and exploits to uncover. It was such a meta-metagame. Gamers vs balance team. It was awesome.
"
"
Xtorma wrote:
"
I've said it before, but I'm not pissed that all the best builds got nerfed, I'm pissed that all the best builds EXCEPT FOR THE SINGLE MOST EXPENSIVE BUILD IN THE ENTIRE GAME got nerfed.

If they piss their whales off, they will eating beans and living in the office.

Uhm...you really think there's even a vague relationship between us whales and no life gamers/trade junkies/naughty people? Have a think about that one for a bit.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/956546/page/1#p8124124
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Your "gaming heritage" is irrelevant man, this brings nothing to the discussion except inflate someones ego.

Discounting this from your post, there isn't much here apart from you think that the patch was an unwarranted, unexplained nerf from GGG.

Your opinion is of equal value to mine and the next person.

Your personal background changes none of that, so telling people about your history helps no one.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 21, 2014, 2:53:45 PM
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
Your "gaming heritage" is irrelevant man, this brings nothing to the discussion except inflate someones ego.

Discounting this from your post, there isn't much here apart from you think that the patch was an unwarranted, unexplained nerf from GGG.

Your opinion is of equal value to mine and the next person.

Your personal background changes none of that, so telling people about your history helps no one.

This
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
"
People hate nerfs....It has a negative connotation deeper then any gamer can articulate. Not only because it changes the investment we have spend doing X, but it shows a complete lack of testing on part of the developer. I have a 2013 Mustang GT California Special, its a beast of a car, but if Ford was to ask for it back stating, Opps, sorry we gave you too much horse power post purchase, I would be livid.

You are 42 Y old and u can't read/understand some terms of use in a freetoplay ? It is something you agreed btw.

so trash post, "HEYHEY ME OLD PLAYER ME 100% CREDIBLE",ridiculous, bah, another copy of QQ thread.

"
Flame on readers, Flame on...

Quit video games pls, stop being arrogant in ur trash posts on the net and live a real life. Stop think u are credible or smart here, coz u just showed u weren't.

"
But after today’s notes I feel like I just showed up at home and my wife said "Sorry babe, I know you love me at 115 lbs, but I decided to be 250, and love it or leave it!!! "

Yes pls Leave it, u are so far to understand something here, its quite impressive, GGG own ur account, deal with it, u accepted terms of use.

Another random who think he got the science because he is playing as a grown up. Get far from good community games pls, u have no idea about GGG comunication, u should look at some other 18yold games that u can rollstomp with 1 foot.
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
My Sons visited me on Patch Weekend,after they saw the patch,they told me:GGG should give every Player
1 Life and every Mob 1 mio life,thats what they understand --ITS BALANCED---
This always annoys me when people complain about nerfs. A strong build is only strong relative to everything else. If that build becomes weaker, then other strong builds emerge relative to everything else. On the other hand if you start buffing weaker builds, then enemies have to be buffed to compensate for the overall rise in power available universally in all builds relative to the power that the enemies have.

After which, nothing would have changed, all the builds are still in the same relative positions, and the devs would have had to make a whole hell of a lot more patch notes buffing 100 things just because 10 other things were stronger than everything else (and still are). As you can't buff a bunch of weak builds' passive nodes without indirectly buffing some strong builds' along the way.

No; just nerf the 10 things and be done with it.
"Old School" is probably the most overused word in the history of gaming. Or maybe after Hardcore?
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
some op builds not works any more what a shame, almost every crit build get nerfed this patch cause of gem crit multi nerfs, that rly deserved it even I play crits myself also daggers nerf was need too, block was way op too

I give you advise go try another build and find new fun like was with me, I used tanky block build before that was total imortal on any kind of boss and map mods, now im playing crit even it was nerfed :P
IGN : Uhigatana
"
rockmassif wrote:
"Old School" is probably the most overused word in the history of gaming. Or maybe after Hardcore?

But if people don't get a sense of gratification from calling themselves hardcore or old school how is the marketing department supposed to do their job? Don't ruin it you could cost someone their livelyhood.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info